07-07-2013 05:08 PM
95 1234
tools
    Hey JoJo, really good of you to answer Q's the community has. Would love to see a video review of the phone if you're not camera shy. I'm interested in if data sense is working and how it's telling you your data use - live tile? Also interested in the FM Radio and your experience of it - does it work for you? I ask because you seem to have the amber update preinstalled on the 925?
    06-13-2013 12:08 PM
    The 920 is the same weight as HTC Arrive, which has a physical keyboard. After using a Focus 2 for a few weeks it's hard to go back to the weight of the Arrive.
    I realise its a heavy device, its just when im using it i don't feel as tho im holding a brick or a mini tank... The size just feels 'right'. Tho, i do understand many users would prefer to have a lighter device.
    06-13-2013 02:39 PM
    Thank you!

I now chose the 925 (for only 99 within a contract), think it's the better choice for me now. Even if not, I'm gonna sell it on eBay and get the 920 (it's only 360 now!) and still will have made a good deal.
    Don't do that! I've got a brand-new Lumia 920 that I'm not using, but I'd prefer a Lumia 925. I'm willing to pay the difference. Totally serious.

yipcanjo<remove>@<remove>hotmail.com
    06-13-2013 02:51 PM
    tut, I was up in arms about getting the 925 on Vodafone, (cheaper monthly repayments and 32gb) but Three's all-you-can-eat data, 4G network coming soon, and free wireless charging stand and and case pushed it for me.

but yeah, well pleased for you and im so jealous.

EDIT: can you tell me, how many small icons high can fit on the screen? if i press the Windows button on my Lumia 610, i get 6 1/2, if i move the tiles up slightly i can fit the full 7 on, is this the same with the larger 4.5" screen?

god i cant wait for mine to come next week :D eeek! lol
    Last edited by original.woodster; 06-13-2013 at 04:54 PM.
    06-13-2013 04:40 PM
    Im not sure if I have any other SIMs at home but I ll check after work, can anyone remember the service menu code so I can check now?
    It's definitely locked to Vodafone UK.
    06-13-2013 06:27 PM
    tut, I was up in arms about getting the 925 on Vodafone, (cheaper monthly repayments and 32gb) but Three's all-you-can-eat data, 4G network coming soon, and free wireless charging stand and and case pushed it for me.

EDIT: can you tell me, how many small icons high can fit on the screen? if i press the Windows button on my Lumia 610, i get 6 1/2, if i move the tiles up slightly i can fit the full 7 on, is this the same with the larger 4.5" screen?

Hah, competitive market, consumer wins
    06-13-2013 06:45 PM

I really wanted the 32GB version too, but Three's Ultrafast 3G network, all-you-can-eat data and the promise of free upgrade to 4G when available and add that to the fact of free wireless charging stand and cover for such a low price did it for me! Cant wait till it arrives, shouldn't be too long now :D Excited!
    06-13-2013 07:00 PM
    I really wanted the 32GB version too, but Three's Ultrafast 3G network, all-you-can-eat data and the promise of free upgrade to 4G when available and add that to the fact of free wireless charging stand and cover for such a low price did it for me! Cant wait till it arrives, shouldn't be too long now :D Excited!
    yeah this is exactly why I went with Three, and last night I found out that they have dropped their pricing, 30 for their lowest tarrif, from 35, this must be the best deal in the UK by far.
    06-14-2013 02:14 AM
    JoJo please try it if its sim free or locked, also I want to ask if the sim tray totally goes out of the phone or it just goes out enough to put the sim card.... thanks
    06-14-2013 07:18 AM
    JoJo please try it if its sim free or locked, also I want to ask if the sim tray totally goes out of the phone or it just goes out enough to put the sim card.... thanks
    the SIM doesn't come out (bit of a pain) and I don't have any other SIMs to test, di you know how to get into the service menu on Lumias?

Noticed it gets hot quickly, even when just browsing the net, perhaps down to how thin it is compared to the 920?
    06-14-2013 07:27 AM
    Thanks JoJo, I don't know the service code, can you try this code and see what it gives you ##872#
    some people says it gives you a message if you mobile is locked or not, but on my 920 it gives nothing even if I press call it just go back to the calls history and nothing happened.. I searching the net to find a way, thanks again.
    06-14-2013 07:46 AM
    the SIM doesn't come out (bit of a pain) and I don't have any other SIMs to test, di you know how to get into the service menu on Lumias?

Noticed it gets hot quickly, even when just browsing the net, perhaps down to how thin it is compared to the 920?
    Nope, even the thick-assed 920 still get hot pretty quick. In fact it has been a common problem for all current flagship.
    06-14-2013 07:53 AM
    Nope, even the thick-assed 920 still get hot pretty quick. In fact it has been a common problem for all current flagship.
    oh yeah I know (i had a 920) bit the 925 seams to heat up quicker during 'normal' tasks.
    06-14-2013 08:12 AM
    Thanks JoJo, I don't know the service code, can you try this code and see what it gives you ##872#
    some people says it gives you a message if you mobile is locked or not, but on my 920 it gives nothing even if I press call it just go back to the calls history and nothing happened.. I searching the net to find a way, thanks again.
    Why you can't just believe me? Product Code 059S700 is called RM-892 VAR GB VOD CONTRACT 32GB SL BLACK SL stands for SIMLOCK.

Just download the firmware with CareSuite and you will find this file: NWP8_NWP_Vodafone_UK_wp8_simlock_crcDE2E.bin Network locked to MCC / MNC 234 15
    06-14-2013 02:32 PM
    Why you can't just believe me? Product Code 059S700 is called RM-892 VAR GB VOD CONTRACT 32GB SL BLACK SL stands for SIMLOCK.

Just download the firmware with CareSuite and you will find this file: NWP8_NWP_Vodafone_UK_wp8_simlock_crcDE2E.bin Network locked to MCC / MNC 234 15
    I believe you bu i didn'nt notice that you said that before... Thanks for the help :)
    06-14-2013 03:40 PM
    Have you had any random reboots? This uses the same components as my seemingly drunken Rogers 920 so would be interesting to see if the 925 has the same problem. Thanks
    No reboots so far, however my 920 didn't reboot either, perhaps I was lucky twice?

Hey JoJo, really good of you to answer Q's the community has. Would love to see a video review of the phone if you're not camera shy. I'm interested in if data sense is working and how it's telling you your data use - live tile? Also interested in the FM Radio and your experience of it - does it work for you? I ask because you seem to have the amber update preinstalled on the 925?
    I'm from Northern Ireland, no one would understand my accent I can't find the radio anywhere... strange! You can pin the Data Sense at a tile which will give you how much data you have left (depending on what you have set you usage limit at/billing date).

Just tried that code and no service menu sorry but as stated I believe it's probably sim locked, I might try to unlock it and also flash generic Nokia firmware (I normally do at some point), at the moment the Vodafone branding is not annoying me... yet
    06-15-2013 03:23 AM
    To the people experiencing reboot issues- if I remember correctly with the lumia 920, there were usually two causes.

1) Having skype installed (don't know why)
    2) having the 'highest speed' setting set to '4g' even though your specific provider only gives 3g.

Have a go correcting these, restart the phone and see if it fixes it.
    Last edited by paddylaz; 06-15-2013 at 04:24 AM.
    Muessig likes this.
    06-15-2013 03:30 AM
    Just tried that code and no service menu sorry but as stated I believe it's probably sim locked, I might try to unlock it and also flash generic Nokia firmware (I normally do at some point), at the moment the Vodafone branding is not annoying me... yet
    I dont recommend to flash generic rom, your mobile original rom is optimised for your mobile model 925.4 and your mobile code, if i were you i will keep the original rom, you can only flash roms with your product code for future updates...
    my device product code is 059S8H0 and called RM-892 VAR EURO DE VODAFONE 32GB BLACK (Anyone can help if it is sim locked or not, Needs your specialties @alexloe )
    I did not receive it yet, my uncle got it for me in germany and im not living in germany and he did not have another sim than vodafone.
    06-15-2013 04:21 AM
    I dont recommend to flash generic rom, your mobile original rom is optimised for your mobile model 925.4 and your mobile code, if i were you i will keep the original rom, you can only flash roms with your product code for future updates...
    my device product code is 059S8H0 and called RM-892 VAR EURO DE VODAFONE 32GB BLACK (Anyone can help if it is sim locked or not, Needs your specialties @alexloe )
    I did not receive it yet, my uncle got it for me in germany and im not living in germany and he did not have another sim than vodafone.
    RM-892 VAR EURO DE VODAFONE 32GB BLACK is not locked. You can use every SIM you want.

925.1 (16 GB) and 925.4 (32 GB) share the same firmware image. So you can flash a generic variant to your branded 32 GB phone.
    06-15-2013 07:57 AM
    RM-892 VAR EURO DE VODAFONE 32GB BLACK is not locked. You can use every SIM you want.

925.1 (16 GB) and 925.4 (32 GB) share the same firmware image. So you can flash a generic variant to your branded 32 GB phone.
    thanks alexloe
    06-15-2013 04:47 PM
    @JoJoUK, does the volume control alter all settings as with current software, ie loud ringtone=loud game ?
    06-18-2013 01:13 AM
    @JoJoUK, does the volume control alter all settings as with current software, ie loud ringtone=loud game ?
    Correct, no change in how the volume controls work.
    greycounciller likes this.
    06-18-2013 08:03 AM
    Its black, the only colour Vodafone have but Im happy as I wanted black and 32GB! 😊
    Was ur carrier gona get data sense or is this the rumored for all data sense feature in which all phones get data sense :P
    06-18-2013 08:24 AM
    please reply soon :(
    06-18-2013 08:25 AM
    i really hope vodafone didn't allow data sense then tht would mean everyone gets it :D
    06-18-2013 08:45 AM
95 1234