925 received from Vodafone today

JoJoUK

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi all, I have received my 925 today (so says my wife who signed for the package), if anyone has any questions post them and I ll check when I get home.

I live in Northern Ireland, UK BTW and was surprised to find out the phone had been posted already.

Thanks!

husam2277

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Very good for you, congrats for the new phone, i preordered it from germany, i just want to ask if you bought it by a contract or sim free? also it will be nice if you make a small video reviewing it.. i think you have the black version with 32 GB, right?

JoJoUK

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Well I've had a quick play and I'll give an overview:

• The screen is very nice, nicer than the 920 and the screen settings work well
  • The clock stays on the screen when locked however it shows if the phone is charging or in silent, it doesn't show any sort of SMS/email notification!?!
  • The back of the phone the model number is 925.4 32GB TypeRM-892
  • The weight difference between the 925 and 920 is very VERY noticable!
  • When going into wifi there is now an option to 'find nearby WiFi' with Data sense

I haven't really done much else, I'm currently downloading all my apps and will have a play around, if I find anything AMAZING I'll report back.

potxnoodle

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Congratulations, I live in Lisburn, i didn't know you could get them already. I will order mine as soon as they are in Carphone warehouse so i can use my staff discount.

paddylaz

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site

• The clock stays on the screen when locked however it shows if the phone is charging or in silent, it doesn't show any sort of SMS/email notification!?!
  • When going into wifi there is now an option to 'find nearby WiFi' with Data sense

I haven't really done much else, I'm currently downloading all my apps and will have a play around, if I find anything AMAZING I'll report back.

Awesome mate, just one question - is there a way to turn off haptic feedback in settings?

Cheers.

ps. if you're bored enough to upload a couple of pics that would be good!

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site

Sounds great! Which color did you get?

JoJoUK

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
LOL! Yeah my address is 9.... Sha...... :D

I'm kind of disappointed that the new lock screen doesn't show notifications...

JoJoUK

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Can you tell us the product code? It's on the SIM tray. 059xxxx?
Sure, the product code is 0595700.

EDIT: Noticed a bug, the phone keeps resetting to volume level 13, no matter what I set it too it will go back to the level 13... odd.

Last edited:

paddylaz

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Sure, the product code is 0595700.

EDIT: Noticed a bug, the phone keeps resetting to volume level 13, no matter what I set it too it will go back to the level 13... odd.

Yeah that's actually a bug that was around back in the lumia 800 days. I'm not sure it was present on the 920 so that's interesting that it's back. Hopefully it will be sorted (like the 800 was) with a software update.

steppyhen

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Great that Vodafone have embraced Data Sense! Congrats on getting your 925 :D

I can't help but wonder if EE will allow Data Sense when the update comes...

benrp

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
Ah man Vodafone also has a presence in Australia...

I hope the 925 comes down to Australia soon.

Yeah but our Vodafone is actually a different company, owned by VHA, and they don't care about Windows Phone. I recon We'll get nothing till the EOS.

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
What is the firmware ? (just look settings - about - more info - firmware rev. number) ... I think that OS is still the same, 8.0.10211.204, is it ?

JoJoUK

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
The firmware is 3040.0000.1322.2002 and the OS version is 8.0.10327.77. It does have Vodafone branding (software only, no physical branding), ie. a Vodafone boot screen. Want to flash generic FW when possible.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss