925 received from Vodafone today

anon(6092367)

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

what can you tell us about the battery?

Does it last longer than the 920? And is the display that much better than the 920's?

I can now choose between the 920 and the 925. I just love the 920's looks and that it has built-in wireless charge.
The only thing i might miss is the AMOLED and that maybe the battery lasts longer..

JoJoUK

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

what can you tell us about the battery?

Does it last longer than the 920? And is the display that much better than the 920's?

I can now choose between the 920 and the 925. I just love the 920's looks and that it has built-in wireless charge.
The only thing i might miss is the AMOLED and that maybe the battery lasts longer..
The battery life is pretty much the same as far as I can tell but I've only had it for around 24 hours. I did find my 920 battery seamed to get better over time so it may be too early to confirm for the 925.

The AMOLED screen is much nicer than the LCD, I liked the 920 screen and never had an issue but the 925 is so much nicer to look at (I was surprised at how much nicer it is). You can mess about with the contrast settings to make the colours less saturated which is great.

The weight was a big issue for me and I would pic the 925 each time hands down, as for wireless charging it wasn't an issue for me as I never used it.

I think the 920 is a nicer phone to look at however though the 925 is a better phone overall.

Can you please show the Vodaphone branding when you start the phone?

No problem, here is a pic, it appears first, then the nokia logo and then the blue Windows Phone screen.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The two screens below show what the wifi settings look like with the new 'find wifi near me' option, the first pic shows the settings and the second pic shows the map with wifi hotspots (haven't really tested it much yet).

paddylaz

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
looks slick.

Was torn this morning about waiting (till the 26th it looks like) for a black sim free, or going with a white sim free that I can get now.

Think the extra wait might be worth it.....

greycounciller

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Pleased to see you have your 925. Can you tell us what the overall image quality is like compared to the 920, especially with regards to blurred pictures?

JoJoUK

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I never used my camera on the 920 as all images were blurry (except for close up pics), so far no probs on the 925. The smart cam lense looks interesting but haven't got a chance to use it yet.

EDIT: Did a quick test with the smart cam, it works really well (was able to pick between the best face on a person). Will test more!

paddylaz

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
anyone know the official release date for this simfree in the uk?

they're selling it now on Clove, but only the white version.

Waiting for the black myself.....currently fastest way to get it is at carphonewarehouse on the 26th. Hoping that changes as off to Vegas for the first time soon and want it for that!

alexloe

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Sure, the product code is 0595700.

EDIT: Noticed a bug, the phone keeps resetting to volume level 13, no matter what I set it too it will go back to the level 13... odd.

Should be 059S700 (typo?)

BTW: Even it's a contract phone which aren't locked normally, this ones are. Network lock to Vodafone UK

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Yeah but our Vodafone is actually a different company, owned by VHA, and they don't care about Windows Phone. I recon We'll get nothing till the EOS.

Really? That sucks :(

We only get the Lumia 720, Lumia 820 and the HTC 8x.

Is the sleeping screen feature on the L925?

nikhilr51

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Yeah but our Vodafone is actually a different company, owned by VHA, and they don't care about Windows Phone. I recon We'll get nothing till the EOS.

Yeeeep, Telstra are the ones who are really pushing windows phone and I bet they'll get all the flagships (925, EOS) first (or maybe like the 920, be the exclusive carrier foreverrrrr)
At least vodafone cares a LITTLE bit more than optus though. Think they just have the 8S and the 820.

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, you're right, Optus has the 8s and the 820.

I'm sticking with Voadfone because Telstra is too expensive for me.

husam2277

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
JoJoUK can you please tell me if it is SIM free or locked to Vodafone SIMs? this important to me cause I just ordered one from Vodafone..

JoJoUK

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
JoJoUK can you please tell me if it is SIM free or locked to Vodafone SIMs? this important to me cause I just ordered one from Vodafone..
Im not sure if I have any other SIMs at home but I ll check after work, can anyone remember the service menu code so I can check now?

paddylaz

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Sorry to bombard with questions Jojo (i'm just sitting on a pre-order at the mo) - how pronounced does that lens jut out at the back of the phone? is it minimal or is there any annoyance to it? I.e. would you feel comfortable putting it back-down onto a table without fear of damaging the lens?

snorri788

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Yeah that's actually a bug that was around back in the lumia 800 days. I'm not sure it was present on the 920 so that's interesting that it's back. Hopefully it will be sorted (like the 800 was) with a software update.

Can you put it on silent? Does that work? Or does it still revert to vol 13?

Can't wait for my upgrade on July 1st. Will go straight to Voda and get my 32GB model.

FYI for people buying new contracts, and you are shopping online, go to topcashback or somesuch website. Free money!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire