925 received from Vodafone today

JoJoUK

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Sorry to bombard with questions Jojo (i'm just sitting on a pre-order at the mo) - how pronounced does that lens jut out at the back of the phone? is it minimal or is there any annoyance to it? I.e. would you feel comfortable putting it back-down onto a table without fear of damaging the lens?
the lense is set back very slightly into the bump (which sits out less than 1mn) so I have no problems it sitting on the table.

JoJoUK

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Can you put it on silent? Does that work? Or does it still revert to vol 13?

Can't wait for my upgrade on July 1st. Will go straight to Voda and get my 32GB model.

FYI for people buying new contracts, and you are shopping online, go to topcashback or somesuch website. Free money!
It doesn't seem to revert to 13 while on vibrate, only when ring + vibrate is selected (and not all the time either).

paddylaz

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
cheers mate. Also not sure if you saw my earlier post but that volume 13 thing is something I used to have with my lumia 800 - they eventually put out a software update for it if I remember so I'm sure they'll do the same

snorri788

May 9, 2013
Visit site
That's wierd. It's not a deal breaker, but it's going to be annoying if it's not fixed by the time I buy.

On a semi related topic is it possible to set custom text notification sounds?

Blocks9

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I realise there seems to be a noticeable size difference between the 925 and 920... But i have never ever thought the 920 is heavy! I actually prefer the size, compared to say an iphone 5 for example.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Have you had any random reboots? This uses the same components as my seemingly drunken Rogers 920 so would be interesting to see if the 925 has the same problem. Thanks

JoJoUK

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I realise there seems to be a noticeable size difference between the 925 and 920... But i have never ever thought the 920 is heavy! I actually prefer the size, compared to say an iphone 5 for example.
I thought the 920 was just at the limit however after using the 925 for a day or so I couldn't go back, the 920 feels like a brick now in comparison!

anon(6092367)

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
The battery life is pretty much the same as far as I can tell but I've only had it for around 24 hours. I did find my 920 battery seamed to get better over time so it may be too early to confirm for the 925.

The AMOLED screen is much nicer than the LCD, I liked the 920 screen and never had an issue but the 925 is so much nicer to look at (I was surprised at how much nicer it is). You can mess about with the contrast settings to make the colours less saturated which is great.

The weight was a big issue for me and I would pic the 925 each time hands down, as for wireless charging it wasn't an issue for me as I never used it.

I think the 920 is a nicer phone to look at however though the 925 is a better phone overall.

Thank you!

I now chose the 925 (for only 99 ? within a contract), think it's the better choice for me now. Even if not, I'm gonna sell it on eBay and get the 920 (it's only 360 ? now!) and still will have made a good deal.

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
The 920 is the same weight as HTC Arrive, which has a physical keyboard. After using a Focus 2 for a few weeks it's hard to go back to the weight of the Arrive.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey JoJo, really good of you to answer Q's the community has. Would love to see a video review of the phone if you're not camera shy. I'm interested in if data sense is working and how it's telling you your data use - live tile? Also interested in the FM Radio and your experience of it - does it work for you? I ask because you seem to have the amber update preinstalled on the 925?

Blocks9

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
The 920 is the same weight as HTC Arrive, which has a physical keyboard. After using a Focus 2 for a few weeks it's hard to go back to the weight of the Arrive.

I realise its a heavy device, its just when im using it i don't feel as tho im holding a brick or a mini tank... The size just feels 'right'. Tho, i do understand many users would prefer to have a lighter device.

Yipcanjo

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Thank you!

I now chose the 925 (for only 99 ? within a contract), think it's the better choice for me now. Even if not, I'm gonna sell it on eBay and get the 920 (it's only 360 ? now!) and still will have made a good deal.

Don't do that! I've got a brand-new Lumia 920 that I'm not using, but I'd prefer a Lumia 925. I'm willing to pay the difference. Totally serious.

yipcanjo<remove>@<remove>hotmail.com

original.woodster

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
tut, I was up in arms about getting the 925 on Vodafone, (cheaper monthly repayments and 32gb) but Three's all-you-can-eat data, 4G network coming soon, and free wireless charging stand and and case pushed it for me.

but yeah, well pleased for you and im so jealous.

EDIT: can you tell me, how many small icons high can fit on the screen? if i press the Windows button on my Lumia 610, i get 6 1/2, if i move the tiles up slightly i can fit the full 7 on, is this the same with the larger 4.5" screen?

god i cant wait for mine to come next week :D eeek! lol

Last edited:

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
tut, I was up in arms about getting the 925 on Vodafone, (cheaper monthly repayments and 32gb) but Three's all-you-can-eat data, 4G network coming soon, and free wireless charging stand and and case pushed it for me.

EDIT: can you tell me, how many small icons high can fit on the screen? if i press the Windows button on my Lumia 610, i get 6 1/2, if i move the tiles up slightly i can fit the full 7 on, is this the same with the larger 4.5" screen?

Hah, competitive market, consumer wins

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site

I really wanted the 32GB version too, but Three's Ultrafast 3G network, all-you-can-eat data and the promise of free upgrade to 4G when available and add that to the fact of free wireless charging stand and cover for such a low price did it for me! Cant wait till it arrives, shouldn't be too long now :D Excited!

original.woodster

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
I really wanted the 32GB version too, but Three's Ultrafast 3G network, all-you-can-eat data and the promise of free upgrade to 4G when available and add that to the fact of free wireless charging stand and cover for such a low price did it for me! Cant wait till it arrives, shouldn't be too long now :D Excited!

yeah this is exactly why I went with Three, and last night I found out that they have dropped their pricing, ?30 for their lowest tarrif, from ?35, this must be the best deal in the UK by far.

husam2277

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
JoJo please try it if its sim free or locked, also I want to ask if the sim tray totally goes out of the phone or it just goes out enough to put the sim card.... thanks

JoJoUK

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
JoJo please try it if its sim free or locked, also I want to ask if the sim tray totally goes out of the phone or it just goes out enough to put the sim card.... thanks
the SIM doesn't come out (bit of a pain) and I don't have any other SIMs to test, di you know how to get into the service menu on Lumias?

Noticed it gets hot quickly, even when just browsing the net, perhaps down to how thin it is compared to the 920?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo