925 received from Vodafone today

husam2277

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Thanks JoJo, I don't know the service code, can you try this code and see what it gives you ##872#
some people says it gives you a message if you mobile is locked or not, but on my 920 it gives nothing even if I press call it just go back to the calls history and nothing happened.. I searching the net to find a way, thanks again.

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
the SIM doesn't come out (bit of a pain) and I don't have any other SIMs to test, di you know how to get into the service menu on Lumias?

Noticed it gets hot quickly, even when just browsing the net, perhaps down to how thin it is compared to the 920?
Nope, even the thick-assed 920 still get hot pretty quick. In fact it has been a common problem for all current flagship.

alexloe

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks JoJo, I don't know the service code, can you try this code and see what it gives you ##872#
some people says it gives you a message if you mobile is locked or not, but on my 920 it gives nothing even if I press call it just go back to the calls history and nothing happened.. I searching the net to find a way, thanks again.

Why you can't just believe me? Product Code 059S700 is called RM-892 VAR GB VOD CONTRACT 32GB SL BLACK SL stands for SIMLOCK.

Just download the firmware with CareSuite and you will find this file: NWP8_NWP_Vodafone_UK_wp8_simlock_crcDE2E.bin Network locked to MCC / MNC 234 15

husam2277

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Why you can't just believe me? Product Code 059S700 is called RM-892 VAR GB VOD CONTRACT 32GB SL BLACK SL stands for SIMLOCK.

Just download the firmware with CareSuite and you will find this file: NWP8_NWP_Vodafone_UK_wp8_simlock_crcDE2E.bin Network locked to MCC / MNC 234 15

I believe you bu i didn'nt notice that you said that before... Thanks for the help :)

JoJoUK

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Have you had any random reboots? This uses the same components as my seemingly drunken Rogers 920 so would be interesting to see if the 925 has the same problem. Thanks
No reboots so far, however my 920 didn't reboot either, perhaps I was lucky twice?

Hey JoJo, really good of you to answer Q's the community has. Would love to see a video review of the phone if you're not camera shy. I'm interested in if data sense is working and how it's telling you your data use - live tile? Also interested in the FM Radio and your experience of it - does it work for you? I ask because you seem to have the amber update preinstalled on the 925?
I'm from Northern Ireland, no one would understand my accent :grin: I can't find the radio anywhere... strange! You can pin the Data Sense at a tile which will give you how much data you have left (depending on what you have set you usage limit at/billing date).

Just tried that code and no service menu sorry but as stated I believe it's probably sim locked, I might try to unlock it and also flash generic Nokia firmware (I normally do at some point), at the moment the Vodafone branding is not annoying me... yet :wink:

paddylaz

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
To the people experiencing reboot issues- if I remember correctly with the lumia 920, there were usually two causes.

1) Having skype installed (don't know why)
2) having the 'highest speed' setting set to '4g' even though your specific provider only gives 3g.

Have a go correcting these, restart the phone and see if it fixes it.

Last edited:

husam2277

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Just tried that code and no service menu sorry but as stated I believe it's probably sim locked, I might try to unlock it and also flash generic Nokia firmware (I normally do at some point), at the moment the Vodafone branding is not annoying me... yet :wink:

I dont recommend to flash generic rom, your mobile original rom is optimised for your mobile model 925.4 and your mobile code, if i were you i will keep the original rom, you can only flash roms with your product code for future updates...
my device product code is 059S8H0 and called RM-892 VAR EURO DE VODAFONE 32GB BLACK (Anyone can help if it is sim locked or not, Needs your specialties @alexloe :wink:)
I did not receive it yet, my uncle got it for me in germany and im not living in germany and he did not have another sim than vodafone.

alexloe

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I dont recommend to flash generic rom, your mobile original rom is optimised for your mobile model 925.4 and your mobile code, if i were you i will keep the original rom, you can only flash roms with your product code for future updates...
my device product code is 059S8H0 and called RM-892 VAR EURO DE VODAFONE 32GB BLACK (Anyone can help if it is sim locked or not, Needs your specialties @alexloe :wink:)
I did not receive it yet, my uncle got it for me in germany and im not living in germany and he did not have another sim than vodafone.

RM-892 VAR EURO DE VODAFONE 32GB BLACK is not locked. You can use every SIM you want.

925.1 (16 GB) and 925.4 (32 GB) share the same firmware image. So you can flash a generic variant to your branded 32 GB phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss