925 received from Vodafone today

mprice86

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Nice to see some other NI members on here!

I'm still waiting for this to come to Phones4U so I can get my contract changed, still to early to do it directly through Vodafone. At this rate the EOS is going to be out first and inevitably I'll end up wanting that as well.

Tomanband

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
I have a few questions on the OS version running on the phone, do you notice changes in the e-mail, messaging and music player app?

Is there for instance now a button "mark all as read" hidden somewhere in the mail app? Or is the facebook chat integration better (do you get messages from offline people or people on mobile devices (iphone/android)) and do any of the status'es (online/away/busy/offline) now display the little mobile phone icon in the facebook chat?

greycounciller

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Here's one last thing. I kinda know the answer I'll get but, I listen to music in my car via Btooth with the L920 and irritatingly, it always start playing from the same track and shuffle is always set to on.

Is it the same with the L925?

sutt359

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
If its any good i did find some other county codes for RM-892

059S8G3 IT H3G BLACK
059S8G9 VAR IT VC White

I will keep searching for GB :)

boxa72

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Ah man Vodafone also has a presence in Australia...

I hope the 925 comes down to Australia soon.

I'm from Aussie too bro but don't hold ur breath coz remember Vodafone global got the 920 exclusive but it went to Telstra here!! I've since moved to Optus n am getting incredible reception, it hasn't dropped once!!!

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm from Aussie too bro but don't hold ur breath coz remember Vodafone global got the 920 exclusive but it went to Telstra here!! I've since moved to Optus n am getting incredible reception, it hasn't dropped once!!!

I thought Optus was terrible! What you've said kinda reverses my opinion about Optus.

I still hope for Vodafone Australia getting the 925.

boxa72

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I thought Optus was terrible! What you've said kinda reverses my opinion about Optus.

I still hope for Vodafone Australia getting the 925.

yeah I thought that too bro but I moved from Vodafone bout 3 mths ago coz my reception was terrible:( I live in Surry Hills n was practically sitting on a tower n my phone couldn't do jack unless it had 5 bars but now I can do stuff even with 1 bar!! Plus getting unlimited data made it enticing lol

JoJoUK

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I have a few questions on the OS version running on the phone, do you notice changes in the e-mail, messaging and music player app?

Is there for instance now a button "mark all as read" hidden somewhere in the mail app? Or is the facebook chat integration better (do you get messages from offline people or people on mobile devices (iphone/android)) and do any of the status'es (online/away/busy/offline) now display the little mobile phone icon in the facebook chat?
I can't find any 'mark all as read' button unfortunately, and I don't use facebook chat but I can't see any new icons, sorry!

The link below shows some screenshots and photos showing the radio and the screen calibration in some various settings.

Skydrive Link

Thanks!

husam2277

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
I got black Lumia 925 unlocked from Vodafone Germany 32 GB... I noticed from the first moment that the brightness for the touch buttons is very very low compared to 920 and the light is not uniformly distributed over each button... also the color of the light look like yellow/orange/red combination, sorry its hard to describe the color precisely...
I have a Lumia 920 also and it has much much better brightness even though my 920 button has the yellow tint problem... My 925 button are yellow to orange color... The brightness very very low...

Another problem the right side of screen a little bit yellow compared to the left side when looking at the keyboard.. Also another issue which known for all Samsung AMOLED screens, if you go to completely dark room and open a black photo on the screen (you can use app called pixel doctor to check) you will notice black annoying dots darker than the rest of the screen... Mine has 7 main dots..

Is this normal? How yours looks like? Just wondering how many people has these problems...

ODuis

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
As a color sensitive photographer, I checked the Lumia 925 screen against my calibrated monitor. The default settings are too colorful, but if you use the Nokia screen settings app and reduce the color slider all the way down, it looks very precisely like the colors of my calibrated screen.
So, great!

husam2277

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
As a color sensitive photographer, I checked the Lumia 925 screen against my calibrated monitor. The default settings are too colorful, but if you use the Nokia screen settings app and reduce the color slider all the way down, it looks very precisely like the colors of my calibrated screen.
So, great!

good to know that, also its a matter of what you like....
By the way do you have any issues mentioned above? Any of them seems normal?
Wish that your device is in a perfect condition...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss