Taking way too long

Harry Wild

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
It is absolutely taking to long for info about the release date for the lumia 925. Here we are a month after the announcement and the rest of the world has the phone either available or on preorder. Yet in the US we have no info??? How is it even possible that it's released overseas and we have nothing here? I know from the past releases other countries get it a bit ahead of us and that's fine but usually there is some info. I have called both Nokia and t-mobile and Nokia says it's on t-mobiles end now. Is it me or is anyone else getting sick of the run around from them? With all the delays on other phones in the past, then no update for the 710, now this. Im about done dealing with being screwed over by them. Not to mention the proverbial finger on not going for the 32gb version.

Everything is on T-Mobile; Nokia only supplies the 925 in both 16 and 32GB versions. T-Mobile decides what it wants and when they are going to release it too!

skinsfan10

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Lol I said it was on t-mobile in my OP. I have called both places. As far as waiting. I have been waiting for 6 months for a new WP I have a 710 and am going on vacation July 3rd. Im not taking this non updated junk camera with me for another year. I would not upgrade to a 521 for a month for the same thing basically. When the (catwalk) was first leaked I wanted it. Was ready to switch for it. I want the aluminum feel of a high end device. While yes I have waited this long what's another month gonna kill me its not going to be out on time for my vacation I fear. From what I read it hasn't even passed the RM through the FCC yet. So again while I dont wanna go android I also dont wanna wait till who knows when for the 925. Who knows if I go get the HTC one the 925 could finally come out and I switch back no worries. And if it doesnt I still have the best rated phone on the market.
I love WP, got the 710 when it was released (if anyone remembers there was a delay there to) but it seems like my carrier doesnt care whatsoever about WP.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I have set a time frame now. If no info by the end of this coming week meaning by Friday im getting an HTC one. As much as I love WP I can't keep getting the shaft from them or t-mobile anymore. I despise android but im not waiting another month for a new phone.

Then why don't you just get an unlocked Rogers 920? It works on T-Mobile's network perfectly and it's not an Android to boot. :winktongue:

skinsfan10

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
To slow no lte. Granted I dont have lte now but if I upgrade im getting at least that part of it. I've pretty much went through every scenario and its coming down to no 925 before vacation and I change it up till another flagship comes along.

MikeyMike01

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm going to be honest, skinsfan, that sounds pretty ridiculous. You won't wait a month for a flagship WP8 device? If that's the case I doubt you really wanted this phone in the first place. A month is not a long time to wait for something you know for sure is coming. This isn't a Sprint situation where they haven't even announced what phone it will be. TMO has guaranteed the 925 is coming, and with the good reviews coming out I'll bet they will be fast-tracking the device. Have patience.

I agree. Good things come to those who wait.

I do wish T-Mobile would hurry up though. AWS 920s cost a boatload.

Sent from my iPhone

skinsfan10

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I haven't seen that post thanks for throwing that up there. Still many,many posts saying they have issues though. If I weren't going on vacation waiting would be an option but with the time closing in on when we are leaving I am not getting stuck. You dont have to convince me that the 925 will be an awesome phone I know this. My problem is the time frame now. Iirc t-mobile has a 2 week return policy so if I do not hear anything by next Friday I get the HTC and hope the 925 comes before the 2 weeks is up. If not I have the best available to me at the time of my vacation. Personally the 920 has never interested me. To heavy and bulky. My buddy has one so i have gotten to mess around with it. He is also waiting for the 925 as he is on att and wants out bad. As far ad not wanting this phone goes, like i said before since the first leak of the catwalk i wanted this phone. Maybe t-mobile will do something new and give us info faster haha ya right.

WP8fan

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Not from anything I have read. They all say no lte alot no 4g and if they do its slow also issues with SMS.

Not to mention issues with the battery holding a charge. Personally I really wanted the 920 but decided to wait for T-Mobile to get a WP flagship from Nokia.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
To slow no lte. Granted I dont have lte now but if I upgrade im getting at least that part of it. I've pretty much went through every scenario and its coming down to no 925 before vacation and I change it up till another flagship comes along.

You're wrong. The Rogers 920 DOES have LTE built right in. It depends on your location, but if you set the highest connection speed to LTE, you will see it where LTE is available. I've done it and I've seen LTE appearing on my phone in certain areas.

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Iirc t-mobile has a 2 week return policy so if I do not hear anything by next Friday I get the HTC and hope the 925 comes before the 2 weeks is up. If not I have the best available to me at the time of my vacation.
Buy the phone full price... charge it to your credit card or something. Then you have a full 30 days to return it (I use that method to test phones out, and also once used it to "borrow" a phone for a long vacation - since the phone had UMA and I needed that then)

robert_in_la

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Have you visited the Lumia 920 sub-forum?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...nd-area-compatible-unlocked-rogers-920-a.html

Note, I said Rogers L920, not AT&T L920.
I have unlocked AT&T branded 920 I brought over from AT&T to T-Mobile. My area around my house hasn't been completely reframed so the single strength is pretty weak and I am stuck on Edge. However if I go a block away I get 4G, if I go a half a mile away from my house I hit a full LTE area. Again it really depends on if your area has been reframed or not.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett