925 US Release Date News

steve_w_7

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I was at my local t-mobile today and asked when the 925 is going to be available. I was talking to the Windows Phone rep, not some random employee. He said that he texted their Nokia rep and he said July.

Also - another interesting bit of information...

The salesman said that the t-mobile US version of the 925 will have expandable storage (mini sd card). I have not heard this up to this point. Has anyone else heard anything about expandable storage for the 925???
He said that the poly back will be removable. I'm not sure how reliable this info is, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
That... would be some 'significant' modification to the 925, if true. I suppose it could be possible if T-Mobile ordered it that way: "Hey Nokia, we would like SD cards in there for our customized version. We'll pay up to a certain amount for that addition if you can do it"

I must remain skeptical though. Amazing news, but I will not be repeating this anywhere unless the actual product shows it. July would be fine... but it better be something like July 1st. EOS will be announced and revealed in NYC on July 11th, and that could steal some thunder (well, for those that would be likely to switch carriers, or change their minds on coming to T-Mobile for the 925). Get this phone out first!!

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
A new tray I would find very hard to believe. In a video where Nokia talked about their design decisions for the 925, some Nokia employee stated that it was hard enough designing the sim card tray, and that it would have been extremely difficult to cram a sim card tray/slot in there as well.

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
If the SD card version would be cheaper than the 32GB version, then I could see T-mobile going that direction, since there would only be one SKU and one phone to stock.

b23h

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
A new tray I would find very hard to believe. In a video where Nokia talked about their design decisions for the 925, some Nokia employee stated that it was hard enough designing the sim card tray, and that it would have been extremely difficult to cram a sim card tray/slot in there as well.

an SD tray would be great, but I remember that statement about how hard it would have been to include a SD card tray as well....

skinsfan10

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
As the others I doubt this is true. On 2 different sides the guy sounds like he knows nothing of the phone. A) I have spoken to now 4 supervisors at nokia to verify and they all say that the US hold up is on t-mobiles ends. And B) t-mobile has always been the cheaper carrier no way I see them spending the amount of money it would take to make a phone have an sd card when it was NEVER designed for one. Your talking about mass producing something that doesn't exist. Checked again and can't see that it had passed the FCC cert yet and I think that is our hold up.

jgbstetson

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
If anything, release has been delayed because T-Mobile wants to make it larger and heavier. And 8 GB is enough, right?

I'm going to sit and wait on the 925. July should tell us quite a bit. And I don't think that both eos phones will be at&T exclusives.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
As much as I would love it to be true, I don't see a 925 on T-Mobile or anywhere else having a microSD slot. Removable back?? Very doubtful. July sounds nice, though, because my birthday is in July. Also nice would be if they end up getting a 32GB version after all. Of course, although I REALLY want this phone, I may just stick it out with my 920 for awhile since I've only had it for just over a month. Hmm, might even be cheaper if I wait, plus maybe they WILL a 32GB version during that time.

b23h

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
If anything, release has been delayed because T-Mobile wants to make it larger and heavier. And 8 GB is enough, right?

I'm going to sit and wait on the 925. July should tell us quite a bit. And I don't think that both eos phones will be at&T exclusives.

that's hilarious....

cynicism is strong with this one (justly so)

b23h

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
As much as I would love it to be true, I don't see a 925 on T-Mobile or anywhere else having a microSD slot. Removable back?? Very doubtful. July sounds nice, though, because my birthday is in July. Also nice would be if they end up getting a 32GB version after all. Of course, although I REALLY want this phone, I may just stick it out with my 920 for awhile since I've only had it for just over a month. Hmm, might even be cheaper if I wait, plus maybe they WILL a 32GB version during that time.

once I am gainfully employed again a 32 gb 925 is a done deal for me. A 16 gb 925 is a pass....

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
I like how everyone knows that it will be 16GB. Anyway, we know you won't be getting it now. Feel free to not tell us again ;)

I for one am looking forward to this device, whether it has 16 or 32 GB.

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I like how everyone knows that it will be 16GB. Anyway, we know you won't be getting it now. Feel free to not tell us again ;)

When Nokia announced 32GB as a Vodafone exclusive, we were all kinda forced to assume that what they said was correct and would apply to the US as well. Yes, I think there may be another carrier that got 32GB in Europe somewhere, but we can't assume that we'll get the same treatment. That and T-Mobile has a consistent track record of not getting high end devices that aren't gimped - unless that device is on all carriers, and/or is an iPhone. Hoping for a pleasant surprise, but expecting 16GB.

jgbstetson

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

the thing is, 16 GB could work for me if the other storage problem was solved. Hell, 8gb with microsd could have worked. But I sold that brick (its name will not be uttered here) for a measly $175. It's just such a stupid problem to have; it drives me insane.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans