925 US Release Date News

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
the thing is, 16 GB could work for me if the other storage problem was solved. Hell, 8gb with microsd could have worked. But I sold that brick (its name will not be uttered here) for a measly $175. It's just such a stupid problem to have; it drives me insane.

I don't think "Other" will be an issue on the 925 because it comes with Storage Check. "Other" should be low, IMO. My 920 has Storage Check and "Other" is at 636MB. A bit surprising because I was sure it would be more than 1GB.

mmar1974

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
you have to be kidding me... according to Engadget the RM-877 (aka EOS) just passed through the FCC for AT&T... this means 925 is a just a joke.

jgbstetson

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I don't think "Other" will be an issue on the 925 because it comes with Storage Check. "Other" should be low, IMO. My 920 has Storage Check and "Other" is at 636MB. A bit surprising because I was sure it would be more than 1GB.
I bought the 720 thinking the check storage app would help. And it does, but I still have 945 Mb in Other. I'm sorry, but on an 8 GB device, that needs to be improved.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
you have to be kidding me... according to Engadget the RM-877 (aka EOS) just passed through the FCC for AT&T... this means 925 is a just a joke.

A joke to whom? Some people actually like the 925 and are anxiously awaiting it. I'm pretty happy with my 920 but wouldn't mind getting a 925 at some point. EOS? Meh, I personally don't care about or need a 41 megapixel camera on my phone.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I bought the 720 thinking the check storage app would help. And it does, but I still have 945 Mb in Other. I'm sorry, but on an 8 GB device, that needs to be improved.

I don't know what to say other than that's crazy. Maybe the less the internal storage, the more the "Other" tends to be. :-/

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
The good news? Pentaband HSPA+, meaning it will work 100% on T-mobile, too. ;) (and be much cheaper next year when I might be in the market for a new phone).

mmar1974

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
I mean, the 925 was announced 1 month ago? and hasn't gone through the FCC yet, the EOS hasn't even been announced and it went through the FCC already? is it that T-Mobile just doesn't care? why worry about a phone that has hardware that is pretty much a year old? why even worry about exclusivity

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site

I think you are looking at different markets here. T-Mobile is small beans as has US in general been for Lumia range. Lumia 925 is most of all geared for global market and is already out in some European countries.

Lumia 925/catwalk was titled as Lumia 920 replacement since the first details of it leaked, not a successor. Think of it this way, as EOS comes out to stores likely somewhere in Q3 you will have 599 euros EOS and much more compact aluminium build Lumia 925 globally that price will likely be in the ~450 range by then. By the end of this year we will have quad core, 1080p phablet made possible by the WP8 GDR3 update, Nokia EOS with its 41MP camera and Lumia 925.

At this moment its hard to compete against your own phones when you are selling at tops 2 million of flagship phones every quarter. That wont be a problem. Nokia is simply squeezing everything out of WP8 GDR2 it can before GDR3 lands later this year.

From what I've read the EOS will have basically the same specs as the 920/928/925 except it will have the bigger camera.

Yes, that will most likely be the case. With GDR3 in Q4 we will see similar line of flagships as with Lumia 920, ATIV S and HTC 8X.

rmichael75

May 12, 2012
Visit site
The good news? Pentaband HSPA+, meaning it will work 100% on T-mobile, too. ;) (and be much cheaper next year when I might be in the market for a new phone).

It will be cheaper with ATT but need to wait till it can be unlocked. and then I can buy one and use it in Tmobile. I bought 920 but not able to use it :(

sravanv

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
It will be cheaper with ATT but need to wait till it can be unlocked. and then I can buy one and use it in Tmobile. I bought 920 but not able to use it :(

That's a good point. I'm seeing another 6 month locking period...I think people had issues unlocking their 920s even if they claimed it was for international use only...

mmar1974

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
I think you are looking at different markets here. T-Mobile is small beans as has US in general been for Lumia range. Lumia 925 is most of all geared for global market and is already out in some European countries.
TMobile releases the "good" phones for Android, they carry the iPhone5 now, but doesn't carry the WP flagships forgive me if I'm wrong but hasn't Nokia figured out already the the AT&T exclusivity is not giving them anything? if anything the they got a bit of a spark when the 521 and the 928 was released? the Nokia-AT&T "partnership" doesn't seem to be working for Nokia.

skinsfan10

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I just got off the phone with tech support at t-mobile. Actually got someone with a clue for the first time) Anyway he said the 1700 is the hold up right now for the t-mobile variant. He said he just was dealing with it this morning and apparently is an issue with clearing the arm and getting 1700 to work properly. Im not super techy on all that just going by what he was telling me. He said no date of when it will be passed or when it will be released but "possibly 2 to 3 weeks". Im hoping he is on for that. If it is the case im happy if not it will pretty screwed up if the EOS bears out the 925 on release because someone screwed up on a band.

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
As much as I'd love that to be true, it's more likely a guy who knows a bit about the tech and would rather say something rather than nothing. I hope not, though. I want one yesterday.

skinsfan10

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I dont know he seemed like a pretty straight shooter. We chatted for a good 45 mins about it. Obviously I dont know him personally but they guy really was right on with his info as he was telling me to look at sites to match up the rm and band numbers.

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
Right, but almost everybody here knows that the RM-910 is the T-mobile version of the device and it has the 1700 band HSPA+ radio and the US LTE bands. You could have called me and I could have told you the same thing as a guess. "It might be the addition of the 1700 band" Only thing is they've already added that band on the Rogers 920 and the 928, so it shouldn't be too difficult to add it on.

Who knows, though. Like I said, I hope he knew something nobody else knows.

sravanv

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
TMobile releases the "good" phones for Android, they carry the iPhone5 now, but doesn't carry the WP flagships forgive me if I'm wrong but hasn't Nokia figured out already the the AT&T exclusivity is not giving them anything? if anything the they got a bit of a spark when the 521 and the 928 was released? the Nokia-AT&T "partnership" doesn't seem to be working for Nokia.

My guess is Nokia got a significant chunk of cash from AT&T for an X year exclusivity contract. Perhaps 3-4 years, and Nokia has to provide their best handsets to AT&T first. In exchange, AT&T throws them a lifeline in terms of providing them R&D cash to get them out of their funk.

Not a bad move even if it temporarily hurts the consumer. AT&T did the same thing with the iphone, Verizon did the same thing with certain sets of Motorola handsets, and Sprint did it with Palm (nice try Sprint lol).

skinsfan10

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I saw where rm-893 is also associated with t-mobile so I just hope they fix it fast and not find anything else. Its really getting quite old now with this hold up

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)