Lumia 925 De-branding

Hornet2012

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
yes it recognizes the phone but as soon as I put the phone into flash mode it says not supported?.

That's where you are going wrong! Mine says the same if I connect it in flash mode. To change the rom from the one installed you need to have automatic product selection unchecked.
Then go to tools and firmware download and download the rom you want.
Then go to file and open product, use filter and put in rm-821.
Then goto program, recovery and click on update list and the rom you downloaded should appear.
Then plug phone into pc and click start. You will gget erroe message then click start again and hold down volume down and power button till phone goes off then vibrates and then release both buttons. By then it should start update.

ngilbert89

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
That's where you are going wrong! Mine says the same if I connect it in flash mode. To change the rom from the one installed you need to have automatic product selection unchecked.
Then go to tools and firmware download and download the rom you want.
Then go to file and open product, use filter and put in rm-821.
Then goto program, recovery and click on update list and the rom you downloaded should appear.
Then plug phone into pc and click start. You will gget erroe message then click start again and hold down volume down and power button till phone goes off then vibrates and then release both buttons. By then it should start update.

okay so the cross is fine okay to carry on as normal?

ngilbert89

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I am thinking of buying a lumia 925 32gb this week it is unlocked from vodafone will take any sim card and debrand it, is this the correct product code and if flashed it wont effect the phone locking it will still be unlocked? RM-892 VAR GB CV BLACK product code 059S916.

Hornet2012

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
That's the product code I used!
I always start with the phone powered on normally then when you get the error message that's when you hold down the buttons. Don't start with it in flash mode! Look for a better walkthrough mine is a bit basic!

ngilbert89

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
That's the product code I used!
I always start with the phone powered on normally then when you get the error message that's when you hold down the buttons. Don't start with it in flash mode! Look for a better walkthrough mine is a bit basic!
okay its just that im going to buy a lumia 925 unlocked but want to debrand the red cross and phone not supported message is normal then?

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
To make peoples lives easier if you live in the UK, buy from the carphone warhouse, they sell unbranded, unlocked devices, doesn't matter which network you pick, and you'll likely save yourself some money on line rental too

Hornet2012

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
To make peoples lives easier if you live in the UK, buy from the carphone warhouse, they sell unbranded, unlocked devices, doesn't matter which network you pick, and you'll likely save yourself some money on line rental too

That's nearly true, but if you ask the cow they cannot guarantee that their handsets sold as pay and go or on contract will not lock themselves to the first sim/ carrier that is put in it( depends how the manufacturer supplied it)! True there is no branding but currently if you want a 32gb 925 the only place you can get one is through Vodafone. If I could have purchased a sim free 32gb 925 then I would have.

ngilbert89

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site

You can not buy a sim free 32GB version it is only available on Vodafone that's the whole point , the topic is debranding a 32GB 925 on Vodafone. 16GB 925 isnt the problem any one can get 1 of them sim free from anywere.

ngilbert89

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
No my Contract Vodafone 32GB UK (RM-892 VAR GB VOD CONTRACT 32GB SL BLACK 059S700) arrived today and I've just flashed RM-892 VAR GB CV BLACK 059S916 Rom! It was locked to Vodafone and it is still locked to Vodafone!

What version of nokia care suite did you use do you have a link thanks.

Hornet2012

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site

Hornet2012

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
or what if I flash the EE rom RM-892 VAR GB EE SL BLACK 059S7G4 is this rom branded do you no? I would think that it has 4g enabled as EE supports the 4g? thanks

Sorry I can't say as I haven't tried it! If the EE rom is like the 920 EE rom then it will have 4G and there was virtually no branding on the 920 rom!
According to Nokia 4G will be enabled by updates as carriers upgrade their networks, that said although the UK currently only has EE as 4G enabled I do not understand why the sim free UK phones do not support 4G at least on EE? You might as well stick with the Vodafone rom as it does support 4G!

ngilbert89

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Sorry I can't say as I haven't tried it! If the EE rom is like the 920 EE rom then it will have 4G and there was virtually no branding on the 920 rom!
According to Nokia 4G will be enabled by updates as carriers upgrade their networks, that said although the UK currently only has EE as 4G enabled I do not understand why the sim free UK phones do not support 4G at least on EE? You might as well stick with the Vodafone rom as it does support 4G!

its fine I dont have 4G yet anyway but I can wait for the carrier to update, another question I have aswell if anybody can answer is that if I flash to a sim free rom I will be using an EE sim will i still received updates , the confusion is how will the carrier no which update to send to the phone as it was a vodafone now sim free , for example if I am using EE will EE send there version of the rom to update ? will the sim free go back to branded ? thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077