Product Codes For Lumia 925

Charkatak

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi Guys,

You'll have to excuse me as I'm a complete newbie so will probably ask some very basic dumb *** questions!

I've recently purchased a Lumia 925 locked to O2. Like others on this thread hate the bloatware and other crap so want to re-flash my phone to de-brand it, ideally making if 4G ready. I realize I'll need to get the phone unlocked at some point either by paying silly money or waiting for someone to find a way to do it for free :wink:

For reference I'm using a Windows XP operating system

I followed the instructions on this feed and a few others and downloaded the Nokia care suit (version 2013.8.30) swapped the config file and downloaded the 059S7G4 firmware. I've re-named the file as instructed, all good so far. However, when i connect my phone NCS identifies my phone as the RM 892 and tells me it's not supported.

I'm probably missing a step. So would appreciate it if someone could give me a idiots step by step connection and flashing guide. i.e. what function of the NCS I should use, what options to check / un-check, when to connect the phone, what buttons to press etc. etc.

I'd also like to know if there's a way to back up my current firmware just in case anything goes horribly wrong!

I did try to download the latest version of NCS but were unable to download the firmware so uninstalled it and loaded the older version. I do have access to a windows 7 laptop if that would make life any easier.

Thanks in advance for any help and support you guys can provide. If I've missed any required info, just shout!

Hi Normally if you want to reflash other firmware on your phone, make sure that NCS is not automatically detecting your device, it should look like as if it is dead. Uncheck box "Automatic Product Selection" Also above it, select "No connection", then go to "File" and open product yourself.

Charkatak

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for that Gogas. Is there any way I can back up my existing firmware in case something goes wrong?

All you need to do is to know product code for your phone, then you can flash the firmware back to the original variant. NCS has this option, under tools( I believe), "download data package" or something similar. After that you will enter your phone's product code and it will download that firmware. I just don't have NCS with me now....to tell you exactly.

husam2277

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
I want to ask anyone flashed their lumia 925 Vodafone 32GB version with the rom RM-892 VAR GB CV BLACK, do you have any problems until now? specially that this rom is for the generic version of the lumia 925 which has only 16GGB....

Charkatak

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I want to ask anyone flashed their lumia 925 Vodafone 32GB version with the rom RM-892 VAR GB CV BLACK, do you have any problems until now? specially that this rom is for the generic version of the lumia 925 which has only 16GGB....
Read through this forum. I remember seeing some people ask similar questions and looks like some even flashed it.

Pavel Gotze

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Updated from 059S696 to 059S7G4, no issues, works perfectly.

PS: Heh now i have checked again my original code 059S696 and there is a new firmware available, 3047.0000.1326.2001, so its new. Just downloading...

Last edited:

woodbane

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I had a crack at this the other night with my recently acquired 925 that is Three branded. I installed the Nokia Care Suite listed in one of the threads with the config file, downloaded an unbranded firmware and followed all instructions.

I couldn't for the life of me get the flashing process to initiate. I tried all the button press combos I could find listed on the web as well as the prompt that NCS gives you (which would appear just to be a soft reset). Simply would not start the flashing process.

Any tips? Wouldn't mind I branding from 3, if for no other reason than to get rid of the splash screen. If not, no bother.

Pavel Gotze

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
1. Switch your device off
2. Keep VOLUME DOWN + POWER button until device vibrates
3. When device vibrates, or immediatelly after, press and KEEP VOLUME UP button until Nokia logo is displayed.
4. You should enter recovery mode (specific icon on black screen should appear)
5. Flashing should work now.

husam2277

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Last version of Nokia Care Suite, including configuration file to omit user name and password. Nokia Software Updater for Retail included as well.

https://app.sugarsync.com/wf/D6991451_71291606_723533

there is anewer version of nokia care suite, you can find the latest nokia tools at this website Seidea - Get The Latest Phoenix Service Software
just before few hours flashed my device with the firmware before this one and now there is a new one :s it seems like a big difference in the firmware number...
I will try it and give feedback...

woodbane

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
1. Switch your device off
2. Keep VOLUME DOWN + POWER button until device vibrates
3. When device vibrates, or immediatelly after, press and KEEP VOLUME UP button until Nokia logo is displayed.
4. You should enter recovery mode (specific icon on black screen should appear)
5. Flashing should work now.

When switching to pressing volume up am I still pressing the power button? When letting go of the power button and just pressing the volume up after the vibrate, I did see an icon that looked like a lightning bolt with something else a couple of times, is that it? If so, the flashing still didn't start.

Could you link to a version of care suite that thus definitely works for and let me know if there are any user config files that need to be changed?

Cheers.

GrantK

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
Can you tell me what the difference is between the Nokia Care Suite PST and the Nokia Software Updater retail.

What's the best to use for downloading and flashing Firmware? Is there a way o remove the simlock?

Last edited:

Charkatak

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Guys really quick question: I have Lumia 925 from T-Mobile USA and when I restart the phone, the ringing volume level sets back to 13. Do any of you have similar thing on internationl version of 925? Thanks

Charkatak

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I flashed 059S7G4 ( UNBRANDED + 4G OPTION ). My phone came with the one that had no 4G option.

I am using Straight Talk (AT&T MVNO) in the USA. According to speedtest.net, I get the same speeds with the 4G ROM installed and 4G enabled as I did with the stock ROM that only went up to 3G. I know I don't get LTE on Straight Talk. I am fine with that. Just saying, for anyone hoping for a speed boost by flashing one of the 4G ROMS on Straight Talk in the USA, you're not gonna get one. I maxes out on "H+" either way.

Hi So when you flashed with EE firmware 059S7G4 (UNBRANDED + 4G OPTION ), at start up do you see any "carrier branding" such as EE or something? Do you know if my LTE radio in the phone would stop working if I flash it with euro firmware?

husam2277

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Guys really quick question: I have Lumia 925 from T-Mobile USA and when I restart the phone, the ringing volume level sets back to 13. Do any of you have similar thing on internationl version of 925? Thanks
Yes its OS bug for all 925 phones... its a software glitch that should be fixed by update....

Pavel Gotze

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Can you tell me what the difference is between the Nokia Care Suite PST and the Nokia Software Updater retail.

What's the best to use for downloading and flashing Firmware? Is there a way o remove the simlock?

Nokia Software Updater for Retail - its simple tool, it reads product code of your device and your current firmware and check in the database, if newver one is available. If so, you can download and upgrade

Nokia Care Suite - its more powerfull, you can swicht device to test mode by this tool, test all parts of device, you can of course update firmware, but what is important, you can check firmware for the your device, but of different product code. It means, if you have branded device for example, you can install unbradned firmware to you device (quite popular).

GrantK

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
Thank you Pavel, that's just what I needed to know. You're a gentleman

I know it's off topic, but is there any way to remove the simlock without paying extortionate charges to online sharks?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss