Product Codes For Lumia 925

Pavel Gotze

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Thank you Pavel, that's just what I needed to know. You're a gentleman

I know it's off topic, but is there any way to remove the simlock without paying extortionate charges to online sharks?

Well try to load unbranded firmware by Nokia Suite. You can return to original one anytime, so its safe. You will see, if it disable simlock.

Charkatak

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Well try to load unbranded firmware by Nokia Suite. You can return to original one anytime, so its safe. You will see, if it disable simlock.

Usually sim lock isn't affected by firmware update/de-brands. Hey Pavel, would you happen to know if LTE on my USA Lumia 925 variant will stop working if the device will get flashed with international generic firmware? I did similar stuff on Lumia 710 which also had 2 versions: one for europe and another for North America. I did flash, but never lost any radio bands. The only thing I saw is that it stopped saying 4G, but instead just went to 3G/H+.

MarrkDaviid

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Last version of Nokia Care Suite, including configuration file to omit user name and password. Nokia Software Updater for Retail included as well.

https://app.sugarsync.com/wf/D6991451_71291606_723533

Thanks for the links, I am having some issues downloading firmware though. I have replaced both of the usergroupsconfiguration.cfg files, and have been signing in to CareSuite External. The Firmware Download window is able to find 059S7G4 when I click on 'Check Online', though I get an 'Access is denied. Verify credentials.' error message when I click on Download. Do you know why this patch isn't working for me? I have Nokia Care Suite 2013.21.2 installed.

I am trying to flash a Lumia 925 with a 4G enabled ROM. :)

Pavel Gotze

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the links, I am having some issues downloading firmware though. I have replaced both of the usergroupsconfiguration.cfg files, and have been signing in to CareSuite External. The Firmware Download window is able to find 059S7G4 when I click on 'Check Online', though I get an 'Access is denied. Verify credentials.' error message when I click on Download. Do you know why this patch isn't working for me? I have Nokia Care Suite 2013.21.2 installed.

I am trying to flash a Lumia 925 with a 4G enabled ROM. :)

Heh you are right man, i cannot download any firmware now as well. Nokia people probably changed security :) Have to wait until somebody find new credentials :) NSU for Retail still works, so if you wanna just download and install new firmware for your device product code, should not be problem.

MarrkDaviid

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Nokia people probably changed security :) Have to wait until somebody find new credentials :) NSU for Retail still works, so if you wanna just download and install new firmware for your device product code, should not be problem.

It is frustrating how Nokia are making it a lot harder to flash devices now!

Thanks for your help, I will give the retail tool a try, not sure whether it will be able to download and install 4G enabled firmware for the device or not. :)

Charkatak

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I have de-branded Lumia 925 T-Mobile USA version with Euro firmware. This is the one I used: RM-892 VAR EURO RU CV WHITE 059T1R2 This firmware also has 4G option under "settings>cellular" When phone is set to 4G, it supports LTE, although it doesn't show LTE. Everything is perferct, except "internet sharing" isn't working and says "my wireless plan doesn't support it" and directs me to t-mobile page to add it. I am trying to figure it out, why.... will soon try to add new APN settings manually and see if it will work. Will also try to change to new sim card and so on. When I flash back to original firmware, then it works fine.

Ferazzz

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I have de-branded Lumia 925 T-Mobile USA version with Euro firmware. This is the one I used: RM-892 VAR EURO RU CV WHITE 059T1R2 This firmware also has 4G option under "settings>cellular" When phone is set to 4G, it supports LTE, although it doesn't show LTE. Everything is perferct, except "internet sharing" isn't working and says "my wireless plan doesn't support it" and directs me to t-mobile page to add it. I am trying to figure it out, why.... will soon try to add new APN settings manually and see if it will work. Will also try to change to new sim card and so on. When I flash back to original firmware, then it works fine.

So then this may be what I was looking for. I have an International White Lumia 925 that I bought and found out that with Rogers here in Canada (uses LTE on 2600band) my LTE doesn't work and I only get H+ (since this phone works on 1900/2100 I believe) which I obviously was very bummed about and should have done more research. My question to you is that seeing as you have a T-Mobile phone (which apparently uses same LTE bands as Rogers, although I am not sure) and you flashed another firmware (RM-892 VAR EURO RU CV WHITE 059T1R2 ) Do you think if I did this on my international phone I would get LTE with Rogers seeing as they use the same bands as T-Mobile or would you be more inclined to tell me that it is actually a hardware limitation in the international Lumias that will always prevent them from working with LTE here in North Amercia. If you can shed some light on what you think it would be greatly appreciated man and if you think it would work can you send me over the exact tools that you used to do this I would greatly appreciate it man!

Charkatak

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
So then this may be what I was looking for. I have an International White Lumia 925 that I bought and found out that with Rogers here in Canada (uses LTE on 2600band) my LTE doesn't work and I only get H+ (since this phone works on 1900/2100 I believe) which I obviously was very bummed about and should have done more research. My question to you is that seeing as you have a T-Mobile phone (which apparently uses same LTE bands as Rogers, although I am not sure) and you flashed another firmware (RM-892 VAR EURO RU CV WHITE 059T1R2 ) Do you think if I did this on my international phone I would get LTE with Rogers seeing as they use the same bands as T-Mobile or would you be more inclined to tell me that it is actually a hardware limitation in the international Lumias that will always prevent them from working with LTE here in North Amercia. If you can shed some light on what you think it would be greatly appreciated man and if you think it would work can you send me over the exact tools that you used to do this I would greatly appreciate it man!

Hi T-Mobile uses Band 4 for LTE which is 1700 MHz. The international Lumia 925 has these bands: LTE 800 / 900 / 1800 / 2100 / 2600 - RM-892. If your bands are the same for your Rogers, then LTE should work. Did you check in the settings>cellular to see what is the highest speed is set to? Also when I installed another firmware, it doesn't show LTE instead it just shows 4G as the highest connection, but the speed is LTE, I checked.

Ferazzz

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi T-Mobile uses Band 4 for LTE which is 1700 MHz. The international Lumia 925 has these bands: LTE 800 / 900 / 1800 / 2100 / 2600 - RM-892. If your bands are the same for your Rogers, then LTE should work. Did you check in the settings>cellular to see what is the highest speed is set to? Also when I installed another firmware, it doesn't show LTE instead it just shows 4G as the highest connection, but the speed is LTE, I checked.

The highest speed it shows is 3G in cellular settings. I contacted Rogers to find out and he told me that they use 2600 I don't think my international unlock works on that. It is however an RM-892. I have even done a full reset of the phone to check it out and nothing, my Lumia 920 worked fine with LTE. Truly bummed out and planning to sell if I can't get this to work :(:(

Ferazzz

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site

On the box I don't see 2600 at all it shows up to 2100. Hopefully this does not mean that it is a hardware limitation and can be rectified via firmware flash

Charkatak

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
On the box I don't see 2600 at all it shows up to 2100. Hopefully this does not mean that it is a hardware limitation and can be rectified via firmware flash

What is the product code and also what is the default language that comes up when you reset the phone?

Charkatak

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Found it on the sim tray!
The product code is 059S917
I have this one
059S917 RM-892 VAR GB CV WHITE

Your phone should be unlocked and should have 2600, for LTE. Box clearly says LTE: and it goes up to 2100? May be you are mistaking it for UMTS bands?

Charkatak

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
It says WCDMA 850/900/1900/2100
GSM 850/900/1800/1900

That's all.....

WCDMA is the same as UMTS and not LTE. If it is RM-892 it should have the standard LTE bands also. You can try to flash it with one of the firmware of your choice. I did try Russian firmware and it is pretty good without any extra software junk. Although the highest connection setting goes up to 4G, it still works as LTE, because of the speeds I am getting.

Ferazzz

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
WCDMA is the same as UMTS and not LTE. If it is RM-892 it should have the standard LTE bands also. You can try to flash it with one of the firmware of your choice. I did try Russian firmware and it is pretty good without any extra software junk. Although the highest connection setting goes up to 4G, it still works as LTE, because of the speeds I am getting.

Would I flash still the same way as my old 920 via Nokia Suite? And with the Russian firmware how would you even navigate to language setting not being able to read anything. Yes it is a RM-892 so if what your saying is true I will be very happy. Question is can I do the flash without screwing anything up?

Charkatak

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Would I flash still the same way as my old 920 via Nokia Suite? And with the Russian firmware how would you even navigate to language setting not being able to read anything. Yes it is a RM-892 so if what your saying is true I will be very happy. Question is can I do the flash without screwing anything up?

My T-Mobile phone even has different RM # and I still managed to flash without any problems. Nokia Care Suite(NCS) is the software you need. There should be a tutorial on this thread. If you are still running older version of Nokia Care Sute, then I would suggest you to first download the firmware you need(059T1R2 it is Russian variant) and then you can upgrade to newer version of NCS. Also once the firmware is flashed and yes, it will be in Russian on the first screen, then you press button on the right side(Next) and it will give you language choices.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)