Going for it tomorrow!

chattoe

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Well I've decided to go for it I'm going to grab me a 925 tomorrow from The Carphone warehouse.

I've had enough of my iPhone and fancy something fresh. I did have the 920 which I really liked but had to get rid of because of the battery life but I'm reading the 925 is better in that department.

I really would like the 32gb model but I'm not going with Vodafone.
They seem to have better deals with 3 and considering they have all you can eat data that's the best option for me as I chomp through it.

So it's a case of Black or Gray, which would you choose??

paddylaz

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Well I've decided to go for it I'm going to grab me a 925 tomorrow from The Carphone warehouse.

I've had enough of my iPhone and fancy something fresh. I did have the 920 which I really liked but had to get rid of because of the battery life but I'm reading the 925 is better in that department.

I really would like the 32gb model but I'm not going with Vodafone.
They seem to have better deals with 3 and considering they have all you can eat data that's the best option for me as I chomp through it.

So it's a case of Black or Gray, which would you choose??

Got back from Carphone warehouse about 30 minutes ago. I cannot stress enough BLACK. It boggles my mind that all the press/media nokia has done seems to focus on the white as the black looks so much slicker.

Now facing a dilemma as play time with my new baby is being thwarted by a compelling Djokovich wimbledon match............first world problems eh?

Defo black.

chattoe

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Got back from Carphone warehouse about 30 minutes ago. I cannot stress enough BLACK. It boggles my mind that all the press/media nokia has done seems to focus on the white as the black looks so much slicker.

Now facing a dilemma as play time with my new baby is being thwarted by a compelling Djokovich wimbledon match............first world problems eh?

Defo black.

Did you get your free wireless charger and back plate mate

paddylaz

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Did you get your free wireless charger and back plate mate

no mate, bought it sim free as sadly my iphone was jacked by some piece of **** who will soon languish in hell for all eternity.

Sadly no free plate and cover if buying sim free! Just playing with it now as the tennis has gone stale. SO SO slick. It really depends on taste - some people like that whole two-tone thing with the white and grey models. Personally (and especially because the 925 is amoled) I like it black and seamless as possible........the amoled makes the tiles really pop - doubly so if you get the black as you don't have that silver frame distracting your eyes. Just my opinion though.

chattoe

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Ahh that's a shame I didn't know whether you have to send off for your plate or you get it in store. Ill suppose ill find out tomorrow.

Any chance of some photos of the phone if possible.

original.woodster

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
i got my phone directly from Three and you get a wireless stand and shell when u preorder only. i think that promotion has ended now as it has on their website, im not sure if carphone warehouse are still running it online.

problems with Three - 1. they dont allow the phone to update the time and date automatically :(

thats it :D i get great reception from where i live, getting constant HSDPA (H) or DC-HSDPA (H+) as shown on my screen, i work and live with Wifi around me, and using the speedtest.net app pre-installed i get far better speeds over network than i do over WiFi lol.

chattoe

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
i got my phone directly from Three and you get a wireless stand and shell when u preorder only. i think that promotion has ended now as it has on their website, im not sure if carphone warehouse are still running it online.

problems with Three - 1. they dont allow the phone to update the time and date automatically :(

thats it :D i get great reception from where i live, getting constant HSDPA (H) or DC-HSDPA (H+) as shown on my screen, i work and live with Wifi around me, and using the speedtest.net app pre-installed i get far better speeds over network than i do over WiFi lol.

Yea looks like CPW are doing this offer still. Was a bit worried about 3 as I'm on EE at the moment but every one I spoken too says 3 has improved drastically so I'm gonna go with them.

I live in Milton Keynes but work in and around High Wycombe so signal should be ok apart from when I'm out in the sticks for work.

I am really looking forward to getting it I just wish 3 had the 32gb model.

How do you find your battery life??

lce123

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Yeah i got the free stand and protector (didn't save it as I've already scratched the stupid thing!) but i am more than happy with it

I had to go with three as on my iPhone I went through 71Gb of data in 5 months! ( I'm a heavy user lol)
Sent from my RM-892_eu_euro1_253 using Board Express

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm probably getting white from T-Mobile US at some point, but between those two colors, I would go with black, no question about it. Really not liking the grey, personally.

MerlinJnr

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I to live in MK, a network hit and miss zone on most networks. Anyways,like the earlier poster, i too have moved for ios to wp. I picked up a 925 from Vodafone on Tuesday, only to return it Wednesday as zero reception in my house (had to walk 20 meters from house just to get a 2 bar 2G connection). So, went to 3 and sacrificed 16gb but gained eat as much as you like data! Got it home to find a good H connection. Staff in 3 store also very good unlike Vodafone. Love the phone, love xbox music, where i van stream my own music rather than store it. So hey, might not need that 16 gb after all.

chattoe

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I to live in MK, a network hit and miss zone on most networks. Anyways,like the earlier poster, i too have moved for ios to wp. I picked up a 925 from Vodafone on Tuesday, only to return it Wednesday as zero reception in my house (had to walk 20 meters from house just to get a 2 bar 2G connection). So, went to 3 and sacrificed 16gb but gained eat as much as you like data! Got it home to find a good H connection. Staff in 3 store also very good unlike Vodafone. Love the phone, love xbox music, where i van stream my own music rather than store it. So hey, might not need that 16 gb after all.

Hey, nice to see a fellow MK citizen, where abouts are you?

Yea I thought about the streaming and 7gb of skydive so 16gb may be ok especially as you say with the all you can eat data.

Did you get a free wireless charger at all?

MerlinJnr

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Hey, nice to see a fellow MK citizen, where abouts are you?

Yea I thought about the streaming and 7gb of skydive so 16gb may be ok especially as you say with the all you can eat data.

Did you get a free wireless charger at all?
Im in Eaglestone, no charge as i picked the phone up in store. The charger was online pre-order only.

original.woodster

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
Battery life is good, i can browse internet for part of the day and pass the time with some quiz games etc, love Dredd vs Zombies atm, youtube, Facebook and Viner etc and using the I downloaded an app called Battery, tells me how many hours/mins i have left, you can also set it to give a toast notification if you battery is depleting at a certain %age. Currently getting through a full day from unplugging at 7am to plugging it back in at 10pm with approx 30% battery left. This will improve once i stop playing with the damn thing constantly.

chattoe

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Battery life is good, i can browse internet for part of the day and pass the time with some quiz games etc, love Dredd vs Zombies atm, youtube, Facebook and Viner etc and using the I downloaded an app called Battery, tells me how many hours/mins i have left, you can also set it to give a toast notification if you battery is depleting at a certain %age. Currently getting through a full day from unplugging at 7am to plugging it back in at 10pm with approx 30% battery left. This will improve once i stop playing with the damn thing constantly.

That's much better than the 920 I had

chattoe

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Well I finally got my new shiny 925 today and first impressions are that's its AWSOME!

I went with 3 and got a free back plate (in yellow) and wireless charger which will be here next week.
I got the phone in black and it's very nice indeed.

Set it up and restored from a back up of my 920 I had for a short time.

Ill report back in a few days on how it's going

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven