Just received my White 925 and love it.

chattoe

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I didn't think it was coming out over there as I thought we got the 925 and you got the 928.

You don't fancy the 928 then

When's the 925 out over there then

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
This will be a Tmo phone. No need to worry about refarmed areas. You'll get regular Tmo service.
Oh, I know. I was talking about getting the European version as falconeight did. I wouldn't be able to deal with that, no matter how awesome the phone was.

@chattoe: the 925 is rumored to launch on July 17.

falconeight

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
I didn't think it was coming out over there as I thought we got the 925 and you got the 928.

You don't fancy the 928 then

When's the 925 out over there then

I don't like the 928 its to big and heavy. The international 925 is quad band and I get speeds just as fast as I did on my iPhone 5 so its great. I think its the best designed phone running the only phone OS that makes complete sense.

falconeight

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
For the first day I took it off the charger at 8:00 am and its now 8:45pm and I'm at 53%. I played a few games, checked the news, installed apps, have email on push, and watched some YouTube videos. I would say that the battery is impressive.

falconeight

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
The 4.5 inch screen with the smooth edges like on the lumia 800 make the screen feel bigger than it really is. That and the fact that you can't tell where the screen stops and edge starts on the black screen makes it a great design. Nokia really hit it out of the park with this phone.

Yipcanjo

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Coming from a 920 then iphone5. Out of the box it feels like they forgot to put the battery in. The double tap to unlock is brilliant and so is the time on the screen. It fits great in the hand and somehow the keyboard is more accurate and easier to use. I haven't noticed any issues with using it on AT&T.

I've noticed the same thing...and was curious if anyone else did.

For all of the praise that the Windows Phone keyboard seems to get -- and it does do SOME things very well -- I would constantly get the "." between my words, and other crazy things. Using the Lumia 925, however, my typing is much improved, and I'm not sure why. Did I change how I type or hold the phone? It's possible...but I doubt it. I think the "hit areas" of the keyboard have been adjusted slightly.

Whatever it is....I like it!

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
When you first turn on a Windows Phone 8 device it asks if it can send typing information to MS to improve the keyboard. My guess is that they used the data in the GDR2 update to make the keyboard even better.

falconeight

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed the same thing...and was curious if anyone else did.

For all of the praise that the Windows Phone keyboard seems to get -- and it does do SOME things very well -- I would constantly get the "." between my words, and other crazy things. Using the Lumia 925, however, my typing is much improved, and I'm not sure why. Did I change how I type or hold the phone? It's possible...but I doubt it. I think the "hit areas" of the keyboard have been adjusted slightly.

Whatever it is....I like it!

Its amazing how accurate it is. The keyboard alone is worth the price of admission.

Yipcanjo

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
When you first turn on a Windows Phone 8 device it asks if it can send typing information to MS to improve the keyboard. My guess is that they used the data in the GDR2 update to make the keyboard even better.

Yep....you would hope that this is the case.

I would actually like to see portions of WP8 get chunked out and made updateable -- similar to the Nokia portions of the phone. Items like the keyboard, Xbox Music app, and browser could use updates that are more frequent than the OS update itself. Just my $.02

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett