Reflash Lumia 925 China version?

ximoosea

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
I just received a Lumia 925 purchased from China Unicom. However, the marketplace is tied to the China region with no apparent way to change. I can't read Chinese and it does not appear to have any English apps.

I have the Nokia Product Support Tool installed and have downloaded a rom for the UK RM-892 that I would like to flash into this model (currently it is RM-910). However, when going through the verification of the recovery process it gives an error saying incorrect message id. Does anyone know if it is even possible to flash the 892 rom onto a 910 phone? Thanks in advance.

ximoosea

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
Laura, thanks for the reply, but drats...I was hoping that was not the answer. I have fooled with trying to update the firmware for hours with no luck. I was able to download and reflash the 910 firmware so I am pretty sure my process is right, thus I am thinking that it is not possible to update to 892. This is really a bad deal for non-Chinese speakers that can't get any apps from marketplace.

ximoosea

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
Just as a follow up in case anyone else is interested or having the same problem. The Vietnam ROM is now available which is basically the same phone as sold in China. I have flashed the ROM into my China phone and it works perfectly. I have now been able to set the US marketplace as the default and buy all apps directly. Skype comes preinstalled with the ROM along with datasense. All of the junk China apps are gone as well as the China startup screen. I have been using for 3 weeks now with no problems....although since the WP does not have the ability to connect to VPN, thus my facebook app that I downloaded and installed is basically useless while in China.

If anyone is interested, here is the name of the ROM I used: RM910_3047.0000.1326.2001_RETAIL_apac_vietnam_202_01_239242_prd_signed.ffu
It is a RM-910 ROM with Product Code 059S6S5

jooshpak

May 4, 2013
Visit site
Are you sure about the product code for the Vietnam rom? I believe the one you are referring to is 059S6Z0.

Thanks for the help. I found a 925 in Beijing on sale, thought about picking it up, but I want access to the USA store. Might try this rom you suggested, hope it works for me.

symesmd

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
It has been a long time since I did this but I am pretty sure I posted the Product Code that I used. Since I reflashed back in August I have had no problems and have complete access to the USA store. Good luck, it is extremely frustrating living in China with all of the control they exert.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs