Nokia 925 - Back gets warm very quickly

Kel1976

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Recently got the 925 but have noticed the top right hand side of the back of the phone gets warm very quickly....is this normal?

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
What are you doing with your phone when it gets warm like that? I've noticed that when playing certain games and occasionally while charging, my 920 gets pretty warm. Seems to be a normal occurrence with WP8. My 810 used to get warm in those instances as well. Could be the battery.

original.woodster

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
Top right of the phone gets warm during most activities, charging, internet browsing, music playback etc, i think the wifi and network radios might be placed here?

HPDeskjet

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Since updating my Lumia 925 to the new GDR2 build, I have noticed that the 'phone is getting rather hot. The top section of the 'phone above the camera is getting very hot during normal operation. I'm not talking about playing games or watching video. Normal operation is opening E-mail, checking weather, facebook, twitter,etc. This behaviour is present when I only have one app open and I am not using multi tasking.

I've sent an E-mail to Nokia Support regarding this issue.

Last edited:

miguelinx

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Since updating my Lumia 925 to the new GDR2 build, I have noticed that the 'phone is getting rather hot. The top section of the 'phone above the camera is getting very hot during normal operation. I'm not talking about playing games or watching video. Normal operation is opening E-mail, checking weather, facebook, twitter,etc. This behaviour is present when I only have one app open and I am not using multi tasking.

I've sent an E-mail to Nokia Support regarding this issue.

Hi,

I have the same issue with my Lumia 925. It gets very hot at the back top part during normal operation: whatsapp, Here maps, browsing, etc.

Did you receive an answer from Nokia about this issue?

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site
It would seem normal for the phone to get warm when running Here Drive, maybe Whatsapp too, but using IE, Email and weather apps? No that's not normal.

miguelinx

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Well, I exaggerated a little before. It mostly gets very warm (uncomfortably warm) while using whatsapp. But I'd like to know if it is only me or not...

krishnakeshab

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I too experienced the the same heating problem. Charging, calls, games even on normal browsing for a longer period of time( and by longer period I mean more than 5 mins ;)..)

zultar

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
It's normal, mine gets quite warm as well, especially while playing civilization. It doesn't bug me but scares my wife away from getting one

manilabeans

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I've experienced this as well. Certain games seem to be a common culprit, although I have observed the back and top edge getting hot (not just warm) while using data. I initially thought it to be because of LTE, but it seems to be overheating when it can't get a fix on which signal to use (poor LTE, switching back and forth between G, H, H+, 4G etc). It also happens when I'm within range of a known wifi signal and forget to switch off my mobile data. Do you guys think I should bring this unit in for repairs/replacement? I'd like to avoid that as much as possible because I don't want all the hassle. Plus, I think it would really be difficult to replicate the scenario for the technician...

So far this has been the only downer to my 925 experience. Really loving the phone, except for this one issue. I hope it gets fixed.

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I've had several phones that heat up at the back. I'd say it's normal.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Jun Roxas

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Same here. My 925 gets very hot, just with internet sharing turned on and there's a lot of data going thru 4G. The battery gets drained pretty fast. Since there's no USB tethering, no choice but to keep it plugged and don't really use it much other than a glorified wifi 4G modem. Even when charging thru a power outlet directly, the battery will eventually fully discharge, so it cannot run 24x7 as a heavy-use 4G modem device. It's too hot to hold comfortably for over half an hour.

Hukum_Mere_Aaka

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
It is normal, especially it is because of Metal body, warms quickly, in fact after continuous usage on 3G with games, twitter and whatsapp, it gives burning sensation on ear.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3