What's up with the MS Store?

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
I called the MS Store and chatted online. Same results: no information. Just tweeted them. Will report if I get a response.

This is ridiculous, btw. The phone launches in two business days and nobody anywhere knows anything about it!

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
What do you mean? I purchased my 810 at a Microsoft store on release day, for less than the T-Mobile store price.

What I mean is that Musicman247 said that nobody at the T-Mobile stores he visited and inquired about the 925 knew a thing about that phone, yet at the same time, they already have the Xperia Z in stock. Don't you consider that sad? I also meant that hopefully they actually provide updates to the 925 when it's out instead of EOL'ing it after five months and not delivering updates to it like they did the 810.

By the way, I also own the 810, although I got a Rogers 920 out of frustration of the above issues.

wpguy

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
I haven't heard a peep back from my tweet to Nokia, TMobile, and the Microsoft Store. It is crap like this that hurts the entire ecosystem.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I called the MS Store and chatted online. Same results: no information. Just tweeted them. Will report if I get a response.

This is ridiculous, btw. The phone launches in two business days and nobody anywhere knows anything about it!

That's insane and very pathetic. I was just over at my friend's place tonight and she's decided she wants to get the 925 to replace her 710. They'd better have it on launch day! How could nobody know anything about it? Ugh...

heywhitmarsh

May 4, 2012
Visit site
I called my local MS store today (San Diego-fashion valley) and they didn't have a clue.
the launch is in two days and they don't know if the phone will be available.
I've had windows phone since the early days of windows phone 7, and I'm getting more and more disappointed

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site
That's insane and very pathetic. I was just over at my friend's place tonight and she's decided she wants to get the 925 to replace her 710. They'd better have it on launch day! How could nobody know anything about it? Ugh...

Must be T-Mobile being too lazy.

blzr409

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm actually kind of glad I'm not making a decision just yet based on everything I've been hearing lately. I have been planning on switching to T-Mobile and picking up the 925 as soon as I'm out of my AT&T contract in mid-August. Everything I've been reading lately has me second-guessing that idea. I still think the phone looks great, but I'm not sold on T-Mobile supporting the device and I'm starting to worry about their coverage again. Maybe another month going by will give me a clearer picture of everything.

wpguy

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm actually kind of glad I'm not making a decision just yet based on everything I've been hearing lately. I have been planning on switching to T-Mobile and picking up the 925 as soon as I'm out of my AT&T contract in mid-August. Everything I've been reading lately has me second-guessing that idea. I still think the phone looks great, but I'm not sold on T-Mobile supporting the device and I'm starting to worry about their coverage again. Maybe another month going by will give me a clearer picture of everything.

T-Mobile service and coverage has always been great for me. My number one complaint with TMobile is lack of WP devices, and my second is their laggy promotion of the devices they do have.

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
Houston, TX Galleria Mall location.

And that's exactly what the representative told me.

Me: I'm interested in the Nokia Lumia 925
Rep: Let me look into that.
Me: Ok.
Rep: I don't have any information about the Lumia 925, but you can pre-order a Lumia 1020.
Me: But the 1020 is AT&T and I'm on T-Mobile.
Rep: Oh. Well we don't have any information on the 925.
Me: It's supposed to be available Wednesday.
Rep: Then we'll probably have it. you can check our website for new and coming devices.
Me: I checked your website. It has the 1020, but not the 925. You have all kinds of information about a phone that releases in two weeks..
Rep: Yes.
Me: But nothing about a phone that launches in two days.
Rep: *Giggles*
Me: Alright, then. Thanks for your time.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Houston, TX Galleria Mall location.

And that's exactly what the representative told me.

Me: I'm interested in the Nokia Lumia 925
Rep: Let me look into that.
Me: Ok.
Rep: I don't have any information about the Lumia 925, but you can pre-order a Lumia 1020.
Me: But the 1020 is AT&T and I'm on T-Mobile.
Rep: Oh. Well we don't have any information on the 925.
Me: It's supposed to be available Wednesday.
Rep: Then we'll probably have it. you can check our website for new and coming devices.
Me: I checked your website. It has the 1020, but not the 925. You have all kinds of information about a phone that releases in two weeks..
Rep: Yes.
Me: But nothing about a phone that launches in two days.
Rep: *Giggles*
Me: Alright, then. Thanks for your time.

That rep sounds like a moron based on the "*Giggles*" part. I would be so pissed. I don't get it, because T-Mobile DOES have that launch page on the 925 on their website. It's not too surprising that the T-Mobile store reps aren't aware since they're all about Android and now iPhone, but it's absolutely astonishing that MS store reps don't know a thing about it.

It'll be interesting to see what happens come Wednesday.

jgbstetson

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
The Scottsdale Fashion Square store was a little more informative. They will carry the phone for $500, but she did not know if they would have units to sell Wednesday. Can anyone confirm the price with their store?

Last edited:

theroyboy44

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, this is really lame. I've seen practically zero marketing effort put forth from all three parties. I'm showing up to the MS store on the 17th. If they don't have it, I'll make a scene :)

Not that it helps to be pessimistic, but I have a really bad feeling about this. This could be an 810 part deux.

It warmed my heart to see you so ready to raise hell for fellow T-Mobile windows phone fanatics lol

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
The Scottsdale Fashion Square store was a little more informative. They will carry the phone for $500, but she did not know if they would have units to sell Wednesday. Can anyone confirm the price with their store?
Just called the Galleria store in Houston again. Got a different rep who hadn't heard of the 925. he looked in his system and said they were scheduled to have them on sale on the 18th with a full retail price of $699, $199 w/ two year contract.

I asked him to check again because that just doesn't sound right, especially since T-Mobile doesn't do contracts anymore. He said that's what was showing in his system. I'm really hoping whoever is in charge of this stuff gets their act together and gets some real information out.

ramonq619

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I don't know but this just scares me. I currently own the 810 and it seems like the same thing is happening with the 925. I don't want to own a device that will get eol in 6 months and with the announcement of the 1020 this might happen in 6 months when the att exclusivity expires

jgbstetson

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
It warmed my heart to see you so ready to raise hell for fellow T-Mobile windows phone fanatics lol

I'm just trying to get them to question their own ineffective tactics. I've already been blasting them on twitter today for this bull****.

BTW, several of you are now semifamous now that Daniel has picked up the story ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire