What's up with the MS Store?

mogelijk

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
The $579 price is for people on pre-paid or who don't have a T-Mobile account. If you can get the installment plan then your total cost will be $529 whether you use the payment plan or pay it off.

But the point remains, why charge people more who are still going to be using T-Mobile -- after all, the phone is locked to the carrier. And, ignoring the $30 plan, prepaid T-Mobile rates are the same as post-paid -- but prepaid users don't get data roaming or conditional call forwarding. It makes little to no sense to charge more, particularly when they are further "discounting" the phone by giving a zero percent loan to postpaid users.

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
I agree, of course. I'm on the $30 pre-paid plan, so unless I activate a new account I'll be paying $50 more. That's why I'm holding out hope that the MS store will be selling the 925, as their off-contract prices for t-mobile have been lower in the past. If not, then I'll be signing my wife up for a new postpaid plan and giving her my 521.

zukirin

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Just went to my local T-Mobile store and they said they got 27 in stock for tomorrow. I even saw the manager using one (but she was being extremely discreet about it and was obviously trying to hide it from me). They even had some cases already available for the 925. Did not see any of the wireless charging cases though...

Hopefully MS will update their sites by tomorrow because I am deciding whether I should wait where, as said multiple times, the prices are usually cheaper, or just go for it.

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
Same story here. TMO has some cases and devices in stock ready for tomorrow. MS Store's story is different with each Rep I talk to. Will be calling as soon as they open in the morning to get the full scoop.

mmar1974

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
so... some hours away from the 925... hope all goes smoothly, will let you know when I get mine! I'll check both TMo and MS stores.

WorkingInGeorgia

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Called local Tmo store, the person answering knew nothing. Checked with Manager who knows nothing. Says they have none at the store and knows nothing of any 925's coming in. What? Huh? Called Customer Care (cough cough) at Tmo and after three transfers, all Tmo reps said they don't know when they will drop. Beyond frustrated!

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
WorkingInGeorgia, have you called several times? I remember when the HTC Arrive was launching on Sprint I was calling once a day to make sure they had stock and were going to be selling it. They got fed up with me calling, so the day before the launch they told me that they didn't have any and they wouldn't be selling them.

I ended up getting in touch with the person in charge of the launch on Sprint's forums. She heard my story and ended up sending me an Arrive for free because of my troubles. No such luck with TMO. Nobody from the company actually visits their forums, it seems.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Wow... Although I'm sticking with my Rogers 920, all of this is making me want to march over to the three T-Mobile stores right in my neighborhood to see what's up with the 925. I may actually do that tomorrow or Thursday if I can stand going that far in the 95 degree temperatures we're expecting the next couple of days. This is just ridiculous that so many people don't know jack about this phone when it's supposed to launch tomorrow.

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
Called the MS Store in Seattle (figured they'd know the most since they're right there with MS Corporate). The guy I talked with knew he phone would be launching tomorrow and they had devices in stock, but apparently they don't get their prices until the day of launch. He assured me that they would know by the time they opened in the morning (8:30am). I'm planning on calling a store in New York in the morning just so I'll know the price before I start my trip.

mmar1974

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Called the MS Store in Seattle (figured they'd know the most since they're right there with MS Corporate). The guy I talked with knew he phone would be launching tomorrow and they had devices in stock, but apparently they don't get their prices until the day of launch. He assured me that they would know by the time they opened in the morning (8:30am). I'm planning on calling a store in New York in the morning just so I'll know the price before I start my trip.
Kudos to everyone's persistence ! I'm sure we've aggravated enough TMo representatives...

WorkingInGeorgia

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
WorkingInGeorgia, have you called several times? I remember when the HTC Arrive was launching on Sprint I was calling once a day to make sure they had stock and were going to be selling it. They got fed up with me calling, so the day before the launch they told me that they didn't have any and they wouldn't be selling them.

I ended up getting in touch with the person in charge of the launch on Sprint's forums. She heard my story and ended up sending me an Arrive for free because of my troubles. No such luck with TMO. Nobody from the company actually visits their forums, it seems.

I have called three times and engaged chat on the subject three times. It is very disappointing that T-Mobile doesn't seem to be supporting this launch well at all.

WorkingInGeorgia

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
So the launch is tomorrow and still no info on the T-Mobile website! But they have xperia z info

That is it, T Mobile seems to be promoting every other device but their windows/Lumia phones. When I called the retail store, the person answering the phone asked why I would want it. The first Customer Care rep I talked to start talking about the 41MP camera. I told him he was confusing the two phones and asked why he knew about the 1020 and not the 925????

Last edited:

Tee L

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
T Mobile knew NOTHING! I have stopped at 10 different T mobile stores in Queens, NY the past 3 weeks and they never even heard of the 925 coming. Several stores told me that only AT&T have the Lumias. One TMobile store owner actually argued with me about the 925. He insisted that they were NOT getting that phone! I have the Weave app on my windows phone so the day the CEO of Tmobile announced the 925 coming, I had the news. I showed it to the store owner and he still insisted it was wrong. Tmobile did a HORRIBLE job advertising the 925. It was until yesterday and today that store employees were able to tell me anything. They don't know about the phone...what it can do...the specs...the camera...nothing. Even the displays for the windows phones are muddled. The Tmobile store in Green Acres Mall has an ad for the 925 but right in the middle of the ad, is a cut out ad for the Google Nexus! Directly in the middle! The Verizon store in the Green Acres Mall has the 928 and windows phone ads with the Galaxy S4 right alongside the windows phones! I cant figure out how the Tmobile stores didn't know about this phone coming and why Windows phones don't get the proper marketing. Every store pushes an Android device, (particularly a Samsung device), and downs the Windows device.

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
The manager at my local TMO store said that Windows Mobile was too complicated for him. I laughed and said, "What?" I then showed him how easy it was to use (with my 521). Then he said that there weren't many apps, to which I responded "it has over 160k apps, and is getting more of the popular ones every day!" He still wasn't convinced. :p

WorkingInGeorgia

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
The manager at my local TMO store said that Windows Mobile was too complicated for him. I laughed and said, "What?" I then showed him how easy it was to use (with my 521). Then he said that there weren't many apps, to which I responded "it has over 160k apps, and is getting more of the popular ones every day!" He still wasn't convinced. :p

He was probably 12. I find the younger folks don't think the windows phones are sexy enough.

AlexanderJJJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site

He must think the iPhone is complicated too! ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett