Focus-assist light.....any actual improvement?

paddylaz

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Loving the camera, just wondering what peoples take on the focus-assist light is on the 925. I never use flash on mobile devices, and with the 925 Ive been taking some stellar indoor/evening shots without it.

However obviously on the 925 even with the flash off, the fa-light is still there, which can be a bit annoying/disruptive in a low light situation - especially if one is wanting to take photographs without 5 people turning around. Or photos of someone who isn't posing.

I've done tests in all but the lowest light conditions and as long as I choose a suitable ISO etc I haven't run into any problems with focus if I set it to off. Are people noticing similar?

Other phones like the iphone 5 obviously don't have a focus assist so I'm curious from any of you photographic experts out there whether it's better off disabled or am I missing out an area/situation to take into consideration where it would be crucial?? I fully understand the importance of it on dslr's etc but for the mobile-league will it ever really matter?

Last edited:

lce123

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
I have noticed a big difference between using the FA light and the flash and just the flash on its own

If you hold the camera button and give it time to focus beforehand the image is a lot clearer I think

Sent from my iPhone

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos