IOS to WP8? How to?

1Sick1500

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I just recently signed up on this forum to learn the tips and tricks for WP8. What caught my attention was our IT manager here at work just got a 920. Let me play around on it for a few minutes and i was amazed. Im not married to any particular OS. Started out with a Iphone 3, Then HTC Sensation, HTC Mytouch 4g, GS3, and Currently the iphone 5 (which i do not like) I found it a large downgrade from the GS3.

T-Mobile will have the 925 Available tomorrow and i plan on seeing out this Jump program works and trying to pick one up. The reason for my thread is to get a few questions answered.

What is the best way to transfer my Contacts from IOS to WP8? Email clients i have, Yahoo, Hotmail, Gmail, Outlook (Work/Company)

lancepr

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I exported the contacs out of icloud into a file, and then used the windows 8 mail app to reimport them into outlook.com address book.
I did not try the Nokia app, but it took about 5 minutes to get 1500+ contacts moved this way.

tallarob

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
I recently switched from iOs to WP8. The Verizon sales rep transferred all of my iOs contacts, but when I got home, I realized that a lot were still missing. I then added my google account through Settings > email and accounts and the rest of my contacts appeared. A lot of my contacts are now linked and when I go to that contact, it will show a little chain link at the bottom and a "2" above this which shows that I have an Outlook as well as a google contact for this person. I'm not sure how all this happened, but over the course of time and several phones, it just has. Anyway, I have all my contacts and I love the phone and software. There are a few apps I miss, but I'm confident they will come. I used to have a Palm Pre which I loved and thought the elegance of WebOs was the best. I think WP8 may have outdone them and hopefully has the resources and fortitude to persevere where HP did not.

tollonodre

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
I used to have a Palm Pre which I loved and thought the elegance of WebOs was the best. I think WP8 may have outdone them and hopefully has the resources and fortitude to persevere where HP did not.

That's good to hear - I was DEVOTED to my Pre - flat out best OS I've ever used. I'm now on BB but thinking of picking up a 925 and trying life with WP8.

tallarob

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
That's good to hear - I was DEVOTED to my Pre - flat out best OS I've ever used. I'm now on BB but thinking of picking up a 925 and trying life with WP8.

Very reminiscent of the Pre. It's an emerging OS and it is fun and exciting to see the evolution. iOS was OK, but very boring.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos