This is why I'm getting the 925 anyway

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
So I was pretty let down with the announcement that the 925 would debut with ONLY 16gb instead of the standard 32gb all the flagship Lumia devices have gotten. I complained and went back and forth between rather or not I could settle for this one flaw. Finally I had declared that I would instead get a L920 and unlock it for T-Mobile until one thing I hadn't thought of popped in my mind. Carrier compatibility. Sure I could get 4g service where I live on an unlocked L920(I get great coverage on my unlocked HTC Titan), but what about WiFi calling and tethering and other small nuances that make the experience complete? And plus, I would get service truly optimized for the device. So I have concluded that the L925 is definitely sexy and camera worthy enough for me to overlook this one flaw that is the fault of Nokia. Its on MY network and it will be MY next phone. And one way or another I'll survive with 16gb of memory.

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
Glad to see you've decided to join the thin & light side ;)

I'll be getting my device either tomorrow (if MS Store price is the same as TMO price) or Thursday (if it's lower by more than $50). So excited!

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Yes I am excited about it as I think it is the sexiest Lumia model even without all the fun colors. I hope to pick it up Sunday but I will briefly test it out in the T-Mobile store if available tomorrow.

Wyn6

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I manage a T-Mobile in the Dallas area and got a chance to play with one today (and the Xperia Z). It's a stellar device. In my opinion, t's every bit the rival of anything else out as far as style is concerned. It is certainly very light and just looks great. I'll be ordering mine tomorrow.

Troyseph

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I like seeing all the same people posting on the 925 threads. It is like we are all one big 925 family. I can't wait to get mine tomorrow as well.

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
139g & 8.5mm vs 185g & 10.7mm
:wink:

muitosabao

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
just got mine yesterday. misses got my 920. oh ****, it's such a damn sexy phone!!! i love the 920, but the 925 has an extremely premium feel!
and the 16GB is totally fine. I have 25GB on skydrive ;)

sdc1

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
You'll love the 925. It's the nicest phone I've ever had. The 920 was nice but the 925 feels much more premium.

TeknoBlast

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
I was looking into the 925 and is it true it doesn't have a microSD card slot? I didn't see it in the description. Maybe someone here can confirm it. Thanks

lce123

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
I was looking into the 925 and is it true it doesn't have a microSD card slot? I didn't see it in the description. Maybe someone here can confirm it. Thanks

Unfortunately it does not, which does suck, but I much prefer using SkyDrive, 100GB for ?32 a year yes please

Paedin

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Just picked mine up from Tmobile. Its soo light compared to my 810 brick. Now I have to set it all back up. Going to be a morning of installing apps.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
So I was pretty let down with the announcement that the 925 would debut with ONLY 16gb instead of the standard 32gb all the flagship Lumia devices have gotten. I complained and went back and forth between rather or not I could settle for this one flaw. Finally I had declared that I would instead get a L920 and unlock it for T-Mobile until one thing I hadn't thought of popped in my mind. Carrier compatibility. Sure I could get 4g service where I live on an unlocked L920(I get great coverage on my unlocked HTC Titan), but what about WiFi calling and tethering and other small nuances that make the experience complete? And plus, I would get service truly optimized for the device. So I have concluded that the L925 is definitely sexy and camera worthy enough for me to overlook this one flaw that is the fault of Nokia. Its on MY network and it will be MY next phone. And one way or another I'll survive with 16gb of memory.

Well said, RaRa85! That's exactly why I bought the 810 back in November (I was using an unlocked iPhone 4) and why I wanted to get the 925 as well. I have a Rogers 920 right now. I'm kinda disappointed that the Wi-Fi Calling app doesn't work on it. I tried it out last Friday at this bowling alley where I bowl in league during the summer. It was the perfect place to try it out because there's zero service on my phone there but I can connect to their Wi-Fi. But the app didn't work! I've debated back and forth over getting a 925, decided I wanted to stick it out with my 920 because I only just got it in May, but I'll see what happens in the next few months. Might end up snagging the 925 after all.

hengst2404

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Sitting with it in my hand right now, after going through the trouble of re-setting up my authenticator app and everything. This just feels like a quality phone, makes my old 920 feel like a cheap toy. I have never even come close on storage. I am very glad I did it, even more that I switched over to T-Mobile.

jgbstetson

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I just had a bad Nokia experience. The 925 I bought was defective. The screen glass was delaminated from the screen. Just hanging on by the bottom half. Bummer. I'll have to exchange on the way home.

lce123

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
I just had a bad Nokia experience. The 925 I bought was defective. The screen glass was delaminated from the screen. Just hanging on by the bottom half. Bummer. I'll have to exchange on the way home.

Aw that's pretty ****, at least u didn't get electrocuted haha

When I first got my iPhone 5 it would over heat in like 5 minutes after using it to the point where you couldn't pick it up

Sent from my iPhone

jgbstetson

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Aw that's pretty ****, at least u didn't get electrocuted haha

When I first got my iPhone 5 it would over heat in like 5 minutes after using it to the point where you couldn't pick it up

Sent from my iPhone

I've had worse cell experiences. I'm mostly bummed because I wanted to play with it this afternoon. Probably for the better because my afternoon filled up with meetings anyway. **** is the only word that comes to mind.