2 hours before launch and still nothing on the T-Mobile website

WorkingInGeorgia

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
One more comment, then I am going to buy my 925. T-Mobile has this phone buried so deep on their site, you have to hunt to find it. Not listed in the "new phone" section at all or offered on their home-page. Seriously, it's ridiculous.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
A sucker had to know, so I just went on T-Mo's website, and had no problem finding the 925 or 521. Both are on the "smartphone" and "4G" sections as pretty as you please, although on page 2 of the "smartphones".

If only T-Mo was in my area.......

Sigh. Stupid AT&T.

RL76

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
i stopped by the Tmobile store here san diego (la mesa) and sure enough they had the 925. lady said (katie), she just got 1 last night and didn't get fully to play with it yet. she was nice enough to let me play with her cellular though. she even had the nokia red cover (red is ugly) on it. the store didn't have the nokia covers or wireless chargers for sale though but she was guessing maybe next week. i was very impressed by it, so light and thin even with the cover. and the screen is much better than my 920.

Katie, i hope ur reading this. thx for help.
she's a WP lover. ja ja...

drbanks

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I called a local tmo store and asked if they had any in stock. After a very long pause, the guy gets back on the phone and grunts an affirmative.

So, I went to the store and found it next to the 521 under a sign that said. "Blackberry."

At least they didn't try to talk me out of buying one.

txkimmers

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Went ahead and got mine, so far, very happy with it. They didn't have any on display but one of the store reps (maybe the manager? not sure) had one in his pocket..his new phone. Both reps were WP enthusiasts, so I am pretty pleased. I am still pretty cynical about how long Tmo will be selling and supporting this phone though...

robert_in_la

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Same here. The store I went to had a working display, cases and screen protectors... ended up getting the 925 with a D30 case. However I wish I didn't need it but the white backing clearly gets dirty looking at the display that's only been out for a few hours.

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
Don't take the display model as fact of it getting dirty quickly. The dummy phone the manager of my local TMO store brought out on Monday was scuffed and dirty as well. I'm guessing either the employees were very reckless with it, or the dummies are shown off in different places before reaching the TMO store.

Black charging shell covers the whole back and feels really nice.

robert_in_la

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Don't take the display model as fact of it getting dirty quickly. The dummy phone the manager of my local TMO store brought out on Monday was scuffed and dirty as well. I'm guessing either the employees were very reckless with it, or the dummies are shown off in different places before reaching the TMO store.

Black charging shell covers the whole back and feels really nice.
Good point. The case I bought clearly protects the phone from being dropped however it covers it a bit too much and thus you loose the styling of it. Funny thing is it cost $3.00 less then the charging cover... going to order a charging cover right now. Only question is what color.

Dwight Karlsen

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I got a Lumia 925 at a local T-Mobile store. The only thing I was kind of taken aback by is that they said Tmo only shipped them white. I actually went to another store and asked them as well, because I wanted a second store's answer. They confirmed they only got shipped white. I wanted the silver back, but oh well, I guess I will get used to it. I don't want to get a cover. Maybe eventually they will sell backs (not covers) in different colors.

Dwight Karlsen

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
As of right now I'm not ordering the charging cover. The local stores didn't have the charging covers either. In fact the store I bought mine from weren't aware that the wireless charging was available separately.

robert_in_la

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I got a Lumia 925 at a local T-Mobile store. The only thing I was kind of taken aback by is that they said Tmo only shipped them white. I actually went to another store and asked them as well, because I wanted a second store's answer. They confirmed they only got shipped white. I wanted the silver back, but oh well, I guess I will get used to it. I don't want to get a cover. Maybe eventually they will sell backs (not covers) in different colors.
Yes TMO is only carrying the L925 in white.

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
Yes they have Yellow in stock, Red, White and Black... looks like its shipping from Illinois.
Sweet. When I ordered in June they had to ship it from the UK!

Just a heads up about the charging shell and the plate charger - mine has to sit a little forward on the plate for it to charge correctly. About an eighth of the wire side of the plate can be seen when it's charging correctly. That may just be mine, or it may not. Just wanted to give fair warning in case you put it right in the middle of the plate and it doesn't charge, or starts to charge and then stops.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb