Having windows phone over Android does have the advantage of removing carrier bloatware. After setting up my phone I started going down the list of T-Mobile apps that are pay for use and removed these:

Name Id - does a lookup of caller id if it doesn't match one in your contact list, 10 day trial and pay afterwards $4 a month
    T-Mobile TV - $9.99 a month
    My Account - Can check my balances on the web site...don't need it on the phone

What has everyone else removed from their phones after setup?
    1Sick1500 likes this.
    07-18-2013 08:33 AM
    Having windows phone over Android does have the advantage of removing carrier bloatware. After setting up my phone I started going down the list of T-Mobile apps that are pay for use and removed these:

Name Id - does a lookup of caller id if it doesn't match one in your contact list, 10 day trial and pay afterwards $4 a month
    T-Mobile TV - $9.99 a month
    My Account - Can check my balances on the web site...don't need it on the phone

What has everyone else removed from their phones after setup?
    That redbull rubbish was uninstalled fairly quickly.....also angry birds and the Nokia Care stuff. At some point need to get round to removing all the camera apps - i love 925 photography but only use the default cam-app and occasionally creative studio for touch ups.
    07-18-2013 08:50 AM
    That redbull rubbish was uninstalled fairly quickly.....also angry birds and the Nokia Care stuff. At some point need to get round to removing all the camera apps - i love 925 photography but only use the default cam-app and occasionally creative studio for touch ups.
    We were lucky to get off so lightly with these 3 apps, I heard about the RedBull stuff, we didn't get it here. You should have see the stuff that is on my friends new Verizon Samsung. Two pages of apps and 1/2 of them aren't un-installable. When I got my first Lumia 900 there was 9 or 10 AT&T apps and special versions of store apps that AT&T removed features from.
    07-18-2013 06:43 PM
    All of the Tmo stuff is gone, except My Account. I use it occasionally for a quick check. Some of the Nokia stuff, Transfer My Data or whatever it's called.
    07-19-2013 01:22 AM
    We were lucky to get off so lightly with these 3 apps, I heard about the RedBull stuff, we didn't get it here. You should have see the stuff that is on my friends new Verizon Samsung. Two pages of apps and 1/2 of them aren't un-installable. When I got my first Lumia 900 there was 9 or 10 AT&T apps and special versions of store apps that AT&T removed features from.
    Yeah I'm very happy with Nokia - I actually bought the 925 unbranded, but have had to (as weird as this sounds) replace the unbranded rom with a branded EE rom in order to get 4g. I thought that was going to fill my phone with branded crap and some awful ee-logo screen when the phone starts, but I think Nokia have been tough with the carriers - all there was was one extra app that could be uninstalled and no splash screen. Phew.

Yeah I used to have a Galaxy s3 so I know all about bloat...
    07-19-2013 05:03 AM
    Pretty much everything that wasnt a basic necessity. Accuweather, all the HERE apps, Tmo, TV, Caller ID.
    07-19-2013 06:07 AM