Screen Protector for 925

Asrialys

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Got the Skinomi Full Body Protector. I only applied the screen and back protectors. I've had bad experiences with side protectors, so I left those off. Besides, I don't want to cover that aluminum. The back protector may somewhat ruin the overall aesthetic, but it will also provide some grip. Besides, I only put it on to try it out. I may remove it if I don't think I need it. But it's annoying seeing black smudges build up so easily on the white back...

lol Since it's the only phone I have that can safely hold a micro SIM, I'm currently using my old Samsung Smiley while my 925 sits until morning.

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
I tried to apply my Skinomi screen protector and ended up with a cloudy-looking screen with a couple small divots in it from having to re-position it so much (I suck with application). I ended up taking the protector off and not using it. So far my phone has fallen in my car twice and zero scratches on the screen. I don't think I'll be using a screen protector.

colonelcasey322

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Finally got my Skinomi screen protector and it looks like it's the right one this time (not one for a Nexus). They also included a card to redeem a second, free screen protector. Nice of them to do so, especially after making me wait an extra few days for a replacement protector.

I'll see how it fits tonight. UPS should be coming with my Nokia 925 anytime now.

David Horn

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm using an Ultimate Shield protector. Impressed so far - didn't manage to balls up the wet application - and while there's a slight rubbery texture it's impossible to tell at first glance there's a protector on.

The spec might say Gorilla Glass, but it's the usual cheese. Picked up very light scratches within a day despite living in a microfibre pouch, so I think it does need protection. This was about ?6 from eBay and it arrived within 18 hours.

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
Oh, by the way, the cutout for the light and proximity sensors on my skinomi screen protector were oriented horizontally while the actual sensors are oriented vertically. Is it the same with your protector, casey?

colonelcasey322

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Oh, by the way, the cutout for the light and proximity sensors on my skinomi screen protector were oriented horizontally while the actual sensors are oriented vertically. Is it the same with your protector, casey?
Yup, it's oriented horizontally even though it looks like the sensor is vertical. Doesn't seem to have affected performance though.

The Skinomi protector looks and feels good on my phone. The application didn't go as well as on my Nokia 521 but I was able to smooth it out. Only minor issues were a lot of microbubbles left behind (should disappear in a few days, as they did on my 521) and one pesky piece of black lint stuck under the protector. Luckily, WP is mostly black anyways so I'll rarely see that piece of lint.

Asrialys

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Well, at least that red sensor ends up right in the middle of the oval...

My application of the Skinomi TechSkin for the screen and back went great. Looks and feels good. The back is now glossy, but I'm alright with that.

Troyseph

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I applied one Skinomi to each of my wife's and my own 925s. It is great. You just need to be patient and alert when applying.

colonelcasey322

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Just had a close call with my Skinomi. Since the screen and the screen protector are so close to the edge, it's really hard to use a case that comes up to the screen edge. A case I tried putting on nearly pushed up and peeled one corner of my protector until I quickly noticed it and removed the case. Smoothed it back out with the squeegee and it looks okay. The protector is still drying so it just looks like microbubbles under the protector in the corner that came up.

Speaking of microbubbles, they've really diminished today and should be totally gone by the end of the weekend. It's a pretty awesome screen protector.

emptyfish

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
I just installed mine last night and noticed the same thing. I emailed customer service about it - I figure at least they should know about the issue. I am hoping they will fix it and send me a new one. I had a Skinomi on my last phone that didn't have a sensor cutout and after time it starrted getting "confused" about the ambient light. Might not be related, who knows. I agree about the protector, though... it looks great. I do loe the feel of the 925 screen, but its not wrth it to me to risk damage, especially since I just bought it. I usually take them off when I am close to getting a new phone. ;)

emptyfish

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
I did get a response from Skinomi and they shipped me a new screen protector. They fixed the problem by removing the cut out for the proximity sensor. I'll probably leave the current one on and keep this one as a spare. I emailed service again and they said covering the sensor shouldn't impact the performance. We shall see...

Sent from my Lumia 925 using Tapatalk

tpapictures

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Tried Krusell screen protectors recently and the edges weren't designed to stick to the screen. Either they didn't take into account the beveled edges or the edges are somehow bent by their cutting machines in the factory. In any event, really looking for something right now that ISN'T a wet application, hate those. Any suggestions? Shame that Spigen doesnt make any for the Lumia 925. I may just buy an iPad one and cut them myself.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss