12-11-2013 01:47 PM
34 12
tools
    Anyone have a recommendation for a good Nokia 925 screen protector? I normally use the Steinheil SGP anti-glare screen protectors on my HD7 and iPods but they have since stopped supporting all but the most popular devices. I got a Skinomi screen protector for my incoming 925, after a decent experience on a 521 I have. Is there anything else better out there other than the generic no-names on eBay?
    07-20-2013 10:35 AM
    I used to use Zagg's Invisible shield, but they don't have one for the 925. I used Skinomi on my 920, and loved it. I thought it was better than Zagg, and they both have lifetime warranties. I just ordered 2 Skinomi's for my families 2 new 925's.
    07-20-2013 03:39 PM
    You can take a look at WPC store for screen protectors and other accessories.
    07-20-2013 03:53 PM
    You can take a look at WPC store for screen protectors and other accessories.
    This is true . Too bad they don't have a single screen protector for the 925, nothing but wipes and cleaning solutions. I've never been impressed by the store.
    07-21-2013 02:00 PM
    I purchased the one from T-Mobile store but do not like how it leaves the edges uncovered partially
    This one from Newegg looks like it might cover the entire screen
    Nokia SP
    07-21-2013 03:25 PM
    I ordered the Skinomi protector for my Nokia 925. Package just arrived and...it's the wrong item. Quick call to customer support and it turns out they had an inventory issue and sent me a Samsung Galaxy Nexus screen protector instead. =/ They told me it'd take a couple days to ship a new protector out for me and that I could keep the Nexus protector. Not sure what I can do with it but hopefully it won't take too long to get the right protector.
    07-22-2013 05:46 PM
    I recieved a skinomi protector today for my 925. It fits pretty well, definitely looks better than the one T-Mobile sells.
    07-22-2013 06:55 PM
    does it cover the screen entirely?
    07-23-2013 04:08 AM
    I stopped using screen protectors a while ago because it took so much realism away from the screen. Almost felt less vibrant. Sure I have small scratches but only really visible if the screen is off and you reflect an outside light source a certain way. Otherwise when the screen is on and I see and feel nothing but beauty. Plus it's insured so won't hurt too bad if I do some real damage. Just my opinion, I have the 920 btw.
    sdc1 and iGeorge23 like this.
    07-23-2013 04:19 AM
    I stopped using screen protectors a while ago because it took so much realism away from the screen. Almost felt less vibrant. Sure I have small scratches but only really visible if the screen is off and you reflect an outside light source a certain way. Otherwise when the screen is on and I see and feel nothing but beauty. Plus it's insured so won't hurt too bad if I do some real damage. Just my opinion, I have the 920 btw.
    I agree with this. The 925 screen looks and feels so nice that it's a shame to cover it with a cheap piece of plastic.
    danj210 and iGeorge23 like this.
    07-23-2013 04:39 AM
    I recieved a skinomi protector today for my 925. It fits pretty well, definitely looks better than the one T-Mobile sells.
    Good to know. The one I got from TMo doesn't look large enough.
    07-23-2013 08:52 AM
    Good to know. The one I got from TMo doesn't look large enough.
    The one from T-mobile does not cover the entire screen
    07-23-2013 10:49 AM
    does it cover the screen entirely?
    Yes, it covers the entire screen.
    07-23-2013 12:31 PM
    Hi Badwitch,

This sounds promising. The one I currently have doesn't deal with the bevelled screen edges very well - how does the skinomi do in this respect?
    07-24-2013 09:56 AM
    Is there a screen protector for the UK because shipping is ridiculous for something so small and cheap.. My 925 is scratched already, my iphone 5 uses the same glass but it hardly touched.. pretty annoying
    07-24-2013 10:09 AM
    Is there a screen protector for the UK because shipping is ridiculous for something so small and cheap.. My 925 is scratched already, my iphone 5 uses the same glass but it hardly touched.. pretty annoying
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nokia-Screen...pUvbUpU2050655
    lce123 likes this.
    07-24-2013 10:12 AM
    Just got a call from someone at expansys they suggested getting this for the whole of the device

Welcome to Liquid Glass Protection - Crystalusion

Crystalusion Liquid Glass Protection Reviews - Expansys.com UK
    07-24-2013 10:51 AM
    The one tmobile sells is the worst fitting screen protector I've ever seen. It does not cover the entire screen and it seems the top is cut to fit some other model. Terrible.
    07-24-2013 08:16 PM
    Hi Badwitch,

This sounds promising. The one I currently have doesn't deal with the bevelled screen edges very well - how does the skinomi do in this respect?
    It's pretty thin, it goes pretty close to the edges of the glass, it feels like it blends in to the edge between the aluminum and the glass so it's not distracting. My only critique is that there is a cut out for the proximity sensor that is like a horizontal oval but I just noticed that the proximity sensor is more like a vertical oval. Hard to describe. But now that I've seen it, I can't unsee it. Doesn't seem to effect performance though. Hope that helps!
    07-24-2013 09:48 PM
    The one tmobile sells is the worst fitting screen protector I've ever seen. It does not cover the entire screen and it seems the top is cut to fit some other model. Terrible.
    My mom got one from T-Mobile and its already torn and peeling off the glass. After less than a week! I had to order her a skinomi one this weekend because I couldn't stand to look at it. Complete waste of money. I feel bad I didn't think to order her a skinomi one when I ordered mine in the first place.
    07-24-2013 09:52 PM
    Got the Skinomi Full Body Protector. I only applied the screen and back protectors. I've had bad experiences with side protectors, so I left those off. Besides, I don't want to cover that aluminum. The back protector may somewhat ruin the overall aesthetic, but it will also provide some grip. Besides, I only put it on to try it out. I may remove it if I don't think I need it. But it's annoying seeing black smudges build up so easily on the white back...

lol Since it's the only phone I have that can safely hold a micro SIM, I'm currently using my old Samsung Smiley while my 925 sits until morning.
    07-24-2013 10:12 PM
    I tried to apply my Skinomi screen protector and ended up with a cloudy-looking screen with a couple small divots in it from having to re-position it so much (I suck with application). I ended up taking the protector off and not using it. So far my phone has fallen in my car twice and zero scratches on the screen. I don't think I'll be using a screen protector.
    07-25-2013 11:32 AM
    Finally got my Skinomi screen protector and it looks like it's the right one this time (not one for a Nexus). They also included a card to redeem a second, free screen protector. Nice of them to do so, especially after making me wait an extra few days for a replacement protector.

I'll see how it fits tonight. UPS should be coming with my Nokia 925 anytime now.
    07-25-2013 03:29 PM
    I'm using an Ultimate Shield protector. Impressed so far - didn't manage to balls up the wet application - and while there's a slight rubbery texture it's impossible to tell at first glance there's a protector on.

The spec might say Gorilla Glass, but it's the usual cheese. Picked up very light scratches within a day despite living in a microfibre pouch, so I think it does need protection. This was about 6 from eBay and it arrived within 18 hours.
    07-25-2013 04:10 PM
    Looks great but dont want to be the first person to try it, just in case it goes belly up! Lol
    07-25-2013 07:41 PM
34 12