Lumia 925 automatically reboots

tarlano

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I purchased a new Lumia 925 yesterday at T-Mobile and I have seen the phone automatically reboot itself while I am just swiping the screen. I specifically was not pressing any of the side buttons. Has anyone else seen this behavior? Does anyone know of a fix?

Baryex86

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Your phone is defective. Go to the store and tell them about it. They will give you a new one. When the 920 came out some phones where doing random reboots and had to be replaced.

TeknoBlast

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
My wife was having the same issue with her Lumia 521 and it turns out that the battery doesn't sit tightly like it should. By the naked eye and feel of it, the battery feels tight in the phone but even a fraction of a measurement off, the batter loses connection to the phone. So what I did to resolve this, I wrapped the battery with one or two layers of tape. Placed the battery back in and bingo, no more restarts.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I've had an att 920 which rebooted a few times but stopped after the 1308 update, now on a Rogers 920 and that reboots more frequently. An exchange sounds like a good option

kmmcdonald

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I spoke with T-Mobile, and they suggested that before I bring it in for a replacement, that I do ha hard reboot and see if that helps. I have done that and have restored my phone. After one day, no reboots. We shall see.

Keith

OriyaGuru

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I am also having the same problem. From last two days it's getting rebooted frequently.
Will try a hard reboot and then contact T-mobile.

luiislp

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
Same happened to me , I changed the connection from LTE to 4G and the problem stop, Im planning to go to Tmobile Store and try to get a replacement.

muitosabao

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
This is nerve wrecking. I've had the 920 since it came out in November. Constant reboots, took it to a Nokia repair shop, they said it's probably software. I should change from LTE to 3G. It made it better. Now, I got the 925 (and gave my wide the 920), thinking i'd be done with the restarts...but they are also there, except much worse! This cannot be faulty hardware, has to be the crappy WP8! Really, tired on investing on Nokia/WP8. Really. I get the random restarts all the time (several times a day). No change this would be faulty hardware in both the 920 and 925...

Pavel Gotze

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
I found my 925 reboots once in few days, not really critical, but should not be of course. I did and firmware upgrade, i am runing on 3047.0000.1326.2001

may be you should check if you have last possibl firmware view Nokia Suite or Nokia Software Update for Retail tool.

schrammi

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
OS (reboots) crashes since ive got this phone. so thats the way back from mac os to Windows. have to live with that. #NBSOD - Nokia Bootscreen of death. Hope they will fix that in Service Release 18 or so.

idlezork

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Any way to check how many times it has rebooted? I was sitting in office today with phone laying on the desk and so the Nokia logo appeared couple of times. At first I was wondering what's going on, then it hits me that the phone rebooted. I am going to try hard reset as suggested but I don't want to be staring at the phone all the time just to see if it reboots or not.

fluxx

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I have the same issue. I own my Lumia 925 for two weeks now and it reboots between 2 and 4 times a day. This is my second Windows Phone 8, the first one was a HTC 8X and I owned two Windows Phone 7 devices before and never had this issue. I could take it to the store but somehow I think this is a software problem.

Any specials on my device? I've turned the glance screen off, I use the original Nokia Qi charger with the Nokia Qi charging shell and a few apps from the market place. I've used the same apps on the HTC 8X without any problems (except for the Nokia apps of course).

Jan Blazek

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
After 1 month with Lumia 925, I have experienced some bugs in FW like random lockups, reboots, NBSOD etc. However I still believe this everything is going to be fixed, as the cheaper phones (like Lumia 520) doesn't have these problems. I decided to update 925 with latest firmware 3047.0000.1326.2001, hopefully some critical flaws got fixed.

Pavel Gotze

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Today i got 2 times device completely frozen. With display on, stopped to react. Had to keep POWER+ VOLUME DOWN buttons to restart. After first freze, date and time completely reset to wrong numbers. After second, device restarted after few minutes by itself !!! I hope it does not have something with new firmware 3047.0000.1326.2001, whichj i have installed :-(

Jan Blazek

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
I haven't had any problems maybe 2 weeks after purchasing. After 2 weeks, 925 started with random lockups and reboots. The latest firmware is still ok for me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05