08-07-2013 06:02 PM
78 1234
tools
    I'm loving the write up. Keep them coming.
    07-22-2013 11:07 PM
    Try calibrating your battery first for about 3 days by draining it to 0 then charging it to 100%. My lumia 920 first had a really bad battery problem, but after the calibration, it can last up to 1 and a half days with minor usage (beats the iphone 5 by a mile).
    I am tough on batteries at work due to the lack of charging options. I can run a 3500mAh battery down to 30% in 8.5 hours. My Astro3e fits in my back pocket and I can charge on the go. After I get done breaking in this battery my weekend usage should easily get me through the day.
    cuzincurly likes this.
    07-23-2013 06:26 AM
    LMAO! I love your write-ups, as another one of your newest fans, keep them coming!

And yep, Rudy Hyun is a god!
    Chris2183 likes this.
    07-23-2013 09:28 AM
    Great read......Im stuck on Verizon Galaxy Nexus for another few months - I am hoping that the 1020 ATT exclusive is only 4 months, and I will be the proud owner of whatever version of the 1020 (1028?) Verizon picks up.

Did you flash ROM's, and Kernals to your Nexus to customize, etc? I was slightly obsessed with doing it for a while, now I am just annoyed that I have to jump through hoops to get the damn phone to do what I want it to. To top it off, It is slow, laggy, and crashes at least 2x's a day. Ive played with the 928, and was impressed, but saw the leaks of the 1020, and decided to wait it out (Ill have to pay full price anyways cause I have unlimited data).

Not sure where your located, but Im in NYC - and I could count on 2 hands how many people ive seen with Windows Phones walking around. Not a single co-worker, or consultant, or anyone I know has one, and I am actually kind of excited to get one because of this. I was originally a Blackberry fan, then the Storm did me in....I quickly switched to Android, have had the Droid x, and the Galaxy Nexus, and just cannot stand the Lagginess. My good friend has the GS4 - I played with it for 10 mins the other day, it seemed pretty smooth, but lagged a bit on certain things, especially opening the camera app, and going back and forth between apps. I give it 6 months before the thing is crashtastic just like the rest.

I just really hope that MS gets their $hit together for this 8.1 update, and brings more Windows 8 features to the WP OS, I LOVE my surface tablet, and really think they should unify the experience between phone and tablet/pc - swipe down to close, folders / groups, notification center, 1080P, swipe from left app switching. Oh yea, make WP apps openable on tablets - let me control my phone from my tablet/PC, etc.
    07-23-2013 09:36 AM
    I went from a Droid 2 to the HTC Trophy. Now I'm thinking of going back to Android, to a Samsung Galaxy S4...somebody talk me off the ledge!
    07-23-2013 04:24 PM
    Great read......Im stuck on Verizon Galaxy Nexus for another few months - I am hoping that the 1020 ATT exclusive is only 4 months, and I will be the proud owner of whatever version of the 1020 (1028?) Verizon picks up.

Did you flash ROM's, and Kernals to your Nexus to customize, etc? I was slightly obsessed with doing it for a while, now I am just annoyed that I have to jump through hoops to get the damn phone to do what I want it to. To top it off, It is slow, laggy, and crashes at least 2x's a day. Ive played with the 928, and was impressed, but saw the leaks of the 1020, and decided to wait it out (Ill have to pay full price anyways cause I have unlimited data).
    I did not flash ROMs or kernels to my Nexus. I had flashed several phones in the past and have no desire to do it anymore. I chose the Nexus because I wanted a phone with zero bloat from the carrier, prompt updates straight from Google, and the pure vanilla Android experience. I still enjoy my Nexus a great deal.

Not sure where your located, but Im in NYC - and I could count on 2 hands how many people ive seen with Windows Phones walking around. Not a single co-worker, or consultant, or anyone I know has one, and I am actually kind of excited to get one because of this. I was originally a Blackberry fan, then the Storm did me in....I quickly switched to Android, have had the Droid x, and the Galaxy Nexus, and just cannot stand the Lagginess. My good friend has the GS4 - I played with it for 10 mins the other day, it seemed pretty smooth, but lagged a bit on certain things, especially opening the camera app, and going back and forth between apps. I give it 6 months before the thing is crashtastic just like the rest.

I just really hope that MS gets their $hit together for this 8.1 update, and brings more Windows 8 features to the WP OS, I LOVE my surface tablet, and really think they should unify the experience between phone and tablet/pc - swipe down to close, folders / groups, notification center, 1080P, swipe from left app switching. Oh yea, make WP apps openable on tablets - let me control my phone from my tablet/PC, etc.
    Im in Ga and I am the only one around here with a Windows phone. All Android devices have some lag. Touchwiz, while being a very good looking UI, is very heavy and makes the lag a bit more noticeable. I reboot my phones every morning before work, I find that a lot of little crashes and hiccups go away when I do it.
    07-23-2013 05:11 PM
    I went from a Droid 2 to the HTC Trophy. Now I'm thinking of going back to Android, to a Samsung Galaxy S4...somebody talk me off the ledge!
    Im the last person here that could be able to talk you off the ledge lol. But do yourself a favor and look at the HTC One as well as the GS4
    07-23-2013 05:12 PM
    What's the reason you're considering returning to Android? I'm with Chris2183 in that I'm not the person to talk you out of it, but I am curious what you're experiencing.
    07-23-2013 06:05 PM
    Episode 4- A New Hope

Up and at em. Its time for work, I remember my Astro this morning.

Spotify and I bear with each other on the ride into work. Music quality is fine but this app still lags faaaaaaaaaaaaar behind its Android and iOS versions. Seriously I hope the guy who wrote this app stubs his pinky toe on the coffee table.

I turned off LTE. Nobody sends me webpages at 21Mbps so I see no need to have it on draining my battery needlessly. I already have a 21Mbps screenshot saved from the last Speedtest I ran to show off in the next speed epeen contest.

With WiFi and Bluetooth toggled off , I clock in and we are off and running.

A few texts and emails later, I sit down for a few minutes.
    First up is My Fitness Pal. I use this to keep track of food. The app is laid out in a straight forward manner and I try out the barcode scanner to add a snack to my diary. It immediately scans and locks up (this is starting to become a recurring theme ). I restart the app and try again. It goes through and I finish adding my stuff.

Next up time to catch up on the morning news at WP Central. I open UC Browser and head to m.wpcentral.com. I dont know stole this guys lunch money but the WP Central site runs like *** on this browser. All other Talk Mobile sites run just fine as well as a few other sites I browsed. I have returned to using Internet explorer because of this. My Nexus is currently not speaking to me because of this decision Time to go back to work.

Lunchtime is funtime

First up I edit a pic for Instagram using Hodor errr I mean Fotor . This was an editor's choice app here on the WPC site a few days ago. This app is sexy I like it almost as much as Snapseed.. It has plenty of filters, several effects, and a nice auto touch up feature that gives you three levels of correction. It linked to my Skydrive to let me pull my pic straight from Skydrive to edit. Its a keeper.

Pic edited and uploaded through Instance. This is getting easy

Next up Netflix. Another straight forward app thats easy to navigate. I search for the intellectual classic "Little Monsters" , no dice. How can this not be on Netflix, oh well I settle on The Wonder Years instead. I am immediately remind of how envious I was of Kevin Arnold for getting to nail Winnie Cooper.
    Lunch is over, back to the grind

Afternoon breaktime
    I catch up on AC, grab a laugh at Crackberry, Like some Instagram pics and try out Youtube.
    I try YoutubeHD. Because watching cats do hilarious **** in standard definition is for savages.
    I start my video (https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...be.sMyx0KvLlQk)

and flip the screen sideways for fullsceen. The overlay doesnt disappear and I have no indication on how to remove it. I finally touch the screen and the overlay goes away. This app tries to do a lot of things I dont need. I need to find a simple viewer that has an HD option. I dont need to download kitty videos, I can save them to my Youtube account.

After work

MAYDAY MAYDAY We are going down.

After unlinking Facebook and Google from my Outlook I messed up my address book with duplicates. No biggie, I'll just reset the phone. One piping hot reset later and while setting up the phone I discover that the super sweet "Peek" option for Glance is now missing. My local T-Mo is stumped by this and swap the phone. The new phone is also missing the feature. My Google-Fu fails, there is nothing about this as far as I could find. I get desperate and call Nokia support.

The following is not funny and Im feeling pretty damn sour about it at the moment.

I call Nokia and I am quickly connected to support. After trying to explain that the "peek" option is missing the rep asks me what am I trying to do. She doesnt understand and ultimately I figure out she does not know what Glance is. I dont have a good feeling about this.

Im placed on hold

She comes back and tells me that she is holding a 925 and the only options for Glance are "off" , "timed" and "always on".

I tell her that I had this option yesterday on my phone. She tells me Im wrong that this does not exist.

Im still calm and explain that it is currently on display at my local T-Mo as well as all over the web.

She insists I dont know what Im talking about

After several rounds of this I unfortunately lose my cool. I pretty much tell her that I will be more than happy to return this device, go back to my Android, and never buy another Nokia product again if this is the lackluster support I can expect for this phone.

Im being called a liar and I am not liking it

She finally relents and elevates my ticket. I will receive a call in 2-4 business days

Conclusion
    I have noticed a pattern in most of the apps appearance. It creates a very uniform look throughout the apps and phone. Some of these are almost indistinguishable from the native OS. I like this
    I am finally hitting the lockscreen key to wake the phone more than I am hitting the camera button
    Kevin Arnold was a lucky *******
    Netflix needs Little Monsters. I bet they dont have The Sandlot either
    Nokia support blows ***

Has Nokia support undone all the hard work the 925 has done to win me over, or will find bliss again. Only day 5 knows
    RumpRoast and Muessig like this.
    07-23-2013 08:23 PM
    Again:
    Forget m.wpcentral.com. Use the WP central app instead. It is free to use with advertisements.

YouTube:
    IMHO MetroTube is still the best YouTube client on WP. Anybody with a WP device needs to have least tried it.

Nokia Support:
    It might help to have this WPC article on hand. The article's main image presents all four options on the L925.
    Muessig likes this.
    07-23-2013 09:09 PM
    Thanks for the fun journal!

Quick side note: rdio does have a radio feature. If you go to an artist's page you should see the round radio button at the bottom center. If you see a button that looks like two 'greater than' symbols, tap that to see all the artist's albums and then that button will become the radio button.

Unfortunately both rdio and Spotify on wp8 are way behind their android equivalents. I'd use rdio more but it doesn't have track scrubbing or decent playlist management.

In any case good luck with your future adventures! 😊
    Chris2183 likes this.
    07-23-2013 09:11 PM
    Again:
    Forget m.wpcentral.com. Use the WP central app instead. It is free to use with advertisements.

YouTube:
    IMHO MetroTube is still the best YouTube client on WP. Anybody with a WP device needs to have least tried it.

Nokia Support:
    It might help to have this WPC article on hand. The article's main image presents all four options on the L925.
    Ive only seen the paid WP Central app where can I find the free version.

I'll give Metro Tube a go

I actually used that pic in a second conversation with the live chat. I was then told that the Glance peek option was in beta and I would get it in a later update. The rep on the phone swore it doesnt exist, live chat rep says its beta and unreleased. Either way, Im left in the dark until I get a call from tier 2 in 2-4 business days. Hopefully someone here has the solution.
    07-23-2013 09:22 PM
    Almost every WP app is available in a trial version. The WPC app is an unlimited/unrestricted trial. You can download the trial for free. There is no difference to the paid version except for the in-app advertisements. For the purchasing price of $1 you are given the option to remove the advertisements, and the good feeling knowing you are doing the right thing and supporting the developer. ;-)
    snowmutt and Chris2183 like this.
    07-23-2013 09:33 PM
    Have you made sure that your Display+touch app is updated to v1.6 after reset? That WPC article refers that you need Display+touch updated to 1.6 for the new glance screen to work.
    You may want to check that. Also, I assume that after reset you still have amber update or did it roll back? Since both amber update and display+touch update are required for glance screen.

Btw, I am not surprised that Nokia support doesn't know all the details of glance screen yet. Glance screen is very new and can take time to trickle down to all the support folks.
    Just for comparison, based on first hand experience even Apple support folks don't know everything. (referred Apple here since they are known for good support).

I'll give Metro Tube a go

I actually used that pic in a second conversation with the live chat. I was then told that the Glance peek option was in beta and I would get it in a later update. The rep on the phone swore it doesnt exist, live chat rep says its beta and unreleased. Either way, Im left in the dark until I get a call from tier 2 in 2-4 business days. Hopefully someone here has the solution.
    Last edited by hary536; 07-23-2013 at 10:10 PM.
    1Sick1500 and Chris2183 like this.
    07-23-2013 09:55 PM
    Although myTube is a paid app, it is one of the best YouTube apps out there. I love the interface, while not very intuitive it is still very well thought out and pretty useful!
    Chris2183 likes this.
    07-23-2013 10:20 PM
    As I laugh several times out loud, it is just too painful to try and explain what I find so funny to the non-geek-non-tech-we-actually-have-a-life crowd.

Please, take your time, keep posting, and I am on my way to CrackBerry to pick a fight by mentioning apps right now....

Oh yes, there will be blood.

Looking excitedly to the next 10 days.
    a5cent, Chris2183 and 1Sick1500 like this.
    07-23-2013 10:42 PM
    Yeah, I was puzzled when Peek was missing from my brand new Lumia 925. A user here told me to update Display+Touch. I had no idea how to update a setting, but then some time later (approximately 24 hours after buying the phone), the Store tile told me I had some updating to do. I saw Display+Touch and few settings on that list. Now I have Peek. By the way, I had run the Phone Update setting a few times before eventually getting that update. Apparently, the update comes when it comes...
    1Sick1500 likes this.
    07-24-2013 02:08 AM
    Chris, normally Nokia support really know their stuff, so please don't let one person put you off. The support rep was a bad cookie and even though they didn't realise the literally brand new 'peek' setting on glance existed and practically flat-out called you a liar, please don't let that deter you. This is a very rare case of bad Nokia support in my experience.

The best thing you can do is to make sure your phone has the Nokia system apps up to date. You can either do this by following this guide to find out how to make sure you get app updates, or use this app: LUMIA pusher | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United Kingdom) Lumia Pusher. Add to this the obligatory make sure your phone OS is up to date through settings>phone update.

As far as a youtube app goes, definitely you need to try Metrotube and myTube. Personally I prefer Metrotube but these are hands down the best youtube apps.

As others have said, go to the store, get WPCentral app and click try. This will give you a trial version that never expires and if you like it enough, you can invest $1 and say "adverts be gone!"

Here's hoping you still have a Lumia come day 5.
    07-24-2013 03:03 AM
    I'm not saying get a Nokia, but at least get a WP8 device
    07-24-2013 04:49 AM
    Almost every WP app is available in a trial version. The WPC app is an unlimited/unrestricted trial. You can download the trial for free. There is no difference to the paid version except for the in-app advertisements. For the purchasing price of $1 you are given the option to remove the advertisements, and the good feeling knowing you are doing the right thing and supporting the developer. ;-)
    Gotcha, I was under the inpression that the trial option on apps would be full use of the app for a short duration before asking for payment to continue. In the Play Store, free versions are labeled "free" or "lite" in most cases so I was looking for the one labeled free. I have no problems purchasing an app when Im positive Im keeping the phone

As I laugh several times out loud, it is just too painful to try and explain what I find so funny to the non-geek-non-tech-we-actually-have-a-life crowd.

Please, take your time, keep posting, and I am on my way to CrackBerry to pick a fight by mentioning apps right now....

Oh yes, there will be blood.

Looking excitedly to the next 10 days.
    Dont forget to call physical keyboards outdated and lame
    I am very adept with Android. The phone is not overly complicated its just different

Yeah, I was puzzled when Peek was missing from my brand new Lumia 925. A user here told me to update Display+Touch. I had no idea how to update a setting, but then some time later (approximately 24 hours after buying the phone), the Store tile told me I had some updating to do. I saw Display+Touch and few settings on that list. Now I have Peek. By the way, I had run the Phone Update setting a few times before eventually getting that update. Apparently, the update comes when it comes...
    This is where I got in trouble, it never dawned on me that this is an app. I assumed it was baked in

Chris, normally Nokia support really know their stuff, so please don't let one person put you off. The support rep was a bad cookie and even though they didn't realise the literally brand new 'peek' setting on glance existed and practically flat-out called you a liar, please don't let that deter you. This is a very rare case of bad Nokia support in my experience.

The best thing you can do is to make sure your phone has the Nokia system apps up to date. You can either do this by following this guide to find out how to make sure you get app updates, or use this app: LUMIA pusher | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United Kingdom) Lumia Pusher. Add to this the obligatory make sure your phone OS is up to date through settings>phone update.

As far as a youtube app goes, definitely you need to try Metrotube and myTube. Personally I prefer Metrotube but these are hands down the best youtube apps.

As others have said, go to the store, get WPCentral app and click try. This will give you a trial version that never expires and if you like it enough, you can invest $1 and say "adverts be gone!"

Here's hoping you still have a Lumia come day 5.
    The phone support rep was who I referenced in my post. I later had a live chat in which the rep also claimed the option did not exist until I posted a link to the screenshots that were posted here a few days ago in an article showing off Peek. The Live Chat rep then back peddled and said it was in beta and I would get the update when it was released. My faith in their support is lacking at the moment.

Thank you for the Lumia Pusher Im going to install and update. I will give Metrotube and myTube a try they, are the two that seem to get mentioned more than any other Youtube app. In 10 days WP Central may get my dollar
    snowmutt and Muessig like this.
    07-24-2013 06:28 AM
    TL:DR- Long time Android user gets a Windows phone. Culture shock and high seas mayhem ensue

After asking about what I thought were my most used apps and getting positive responses, I made the jump and got a Lumia 925 Friday Night. My first 48 hours with it have been a whirlwind of highs and lows. Here is my story.

Friday Im anxious and excited. Armed with the assurance from the forums that almost everything I want to do on WP8 is possible, I head to my local T-Mo store. While waiting I compare the 521 to the 925, ultimately I decide I cant go back to a 4 inch screen and settle on the 925 as I love 4.5-4.7 inch screens they are the sweet spot for me. We pay, swap sim cards and out the door we go. Nexus in my pocket and Lumia in my hands Im king of the world.

The instructions are in the box. We dont need no stinking instructions

Turn it on OMG the screen is gorgeous, the tiles are cool. How do I move them? Long press tap the thumbtack to unstick it so I can move it. WTF did I just delete? I still dont know what I deleted. Ok long press and dont touch thumbtack. Sweet I can move it. What does this arrow do, sweet it changes the size if the tile. Im moving and changing tiles now so far so good. Its so sexy and shiny, and man I sure do love shiny things

Time to check out apps. Where is the app drawer button? I hope it was that random tile I deleted. Lets try that Windows button, nope, hmm lets swipe left or right. Woot I found it! Now its time for search and destroy. T-Mo TV, long press, uninstall. Wash rinse repeat for the rest of the T-Mo bloat. Nice try T-Mo but I aint falling for it. The rest of my evening is spent exploring, pinning and deleting.

Saturday
    Its a big day today. Im going out with the wife to some antique shops, do some Instagramming, enjoy a nice lunch, and do some rollerskating Its time for the Lumia to shine.

First up we hit the Local Scout tile and search "Anitque stores near me" Apparently I am 1087 miles from the nearest antique store in Maine. Son I am disappoint . Screw it Ill figure it out while we are at an antique store that we know the location of. I spend the next 30 minutes checking and double checking location services to make sure they are all on. They are and Im stumped as to why it gave me stores in Maine until it dawned on me, that me is Maine. Aha. I try again "Antique stores" this time and viola I have a ton of locations at my fingertips. I am learning

A few taps later and Here Drive is guiding us on our way. The layout is nice, directions are clear, and local speed limits are posted which is nice for unfamiliar areas. We get to our next destination with no hiccups Drive rocks.

I find a few cool things to snap pics of here and there. The camera is awesome, pics look great. I love having a dedicated camera button except when I am trying to turn the screen on or off as I keep hitting it instead of the lock screen button. I have done this several times over the course of the weekend. I plan on doing it tomorrow as well.

Next destination is decided and Drive guides the way and all is right with the world.

Why is my battery draining so fast? I have had it plugged in to the charger while in the car everywhere we went. Why have I lost 66% battery in 5 hours even while plugged in and charging several times in that 5 hours? These questions must be answered. I go to bing search and type in google.com. The third result is Google. Bing does its job

I search and after several forum threads and some reviews I unsync almost everything, block background tasks and do some tweaking. Fingers crossed we have stopped the massive drain Sunday will give me a better idea if I got it under control or not.

Time for some tunes while driving. I fire up Rdio, it crashes One more try. I can pick artists and songs but no radio option. Well at least I got Spotify. I launch Spotify and I dont know who in their right mind over at Spotify though it would be a good idea to not include the radio feature that is available on both Android and iOS but I seriously hope he is last picked at the companys next dodge ball match. I am a sad panda. Drive guides me home as I pout.

Sunday

After I Google how to turn on hot spot, I tether my tablet to the Lumia. It connects easily. I later connect my trucks bluetooth and place a call. The call is loud and clear I love bluetooth 4.0 as it always seems to play well with my truck. My Nexus has struggled with my truck. A2DP streaming is great but call quality is horrible, this is one of the few things I heavily favor the 925 over my Nexus on.

I link Google and Facebook. My address book updates and links duplicate profiles. My calender now shows duplicate appointments and I now have Facebook feeds in my phonebook. I am now the proud owner of an Outlook 2 option in my apps also. I think I am going to reset the phone and start over since I have learned a few things. While the Facebook link added details to my contacts I dont use it enough to care about the feeds littering my inbox. I would also like to redo some things to my liking.

Conclusion
    UCbrowser > Internet Explorer
    While the apps fell short in several places the phone is fast, sleek and sexy. The OS itself feels very polished and lag free.
    Im trying to adapt to the lack of notification bar and LED notifications. the tiles at the top feeding me info on missed messages and emails help. Its not a big deal just a different way of doing things.
    Glance is cool
    City Lens is a neat gimmick
    The camera is awesome
    I like Local Scout more than the new Google Local
    Here Drive is great

Is the OS and hardware enough to keep me onboard or will the app frustrations send me back into the loving arms of my Nexus 4 we still have 12 days to find out
    OK saw this thread and said I have to read through it and see what you and others have to say. I to have an N4 and have been thinking about getting a WP8. Read your first post and loved your comments. Will go through the rest of the posts later to see other comments I hope will help in my decision or not to make the change from Jelly Bean.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    Muessig and Chris2183 like this.
    07-24-2013 07:00 AM
    Day 5 A Dance With Dragons

Posting live from the WP Central app!!!
    Just kidding, there is no way I could type all this on my phone. Im using the free version at the moment, but this app is well worth a dollar.

First thing this morning I checked the forum hoping there may be a solution to my problem with Glance. Low and behold Muessig comes through with the Lumia Pusher app to force the update. I push the update, and Peek works like it did before the reset. I am good to go

WP Central vs Nokia Support Lets tally the score

WPC score -9001
    Nokia Support score - Charlie Sheen

One thing I have been missing is my Google Now card that shows traffic and trip time to work in the mornings. Here Drive has a Commute live tile that does the same thing. I load it up and set my destination. Time to work is close to Google Now's time. Green, yellow and red lines for traffic did not show up for me. I dont know if it only shows yellow and red if theres traffic or if its not showing any traffic. My commute is pretty mild anyway so as long as it shows me an accident or something seriously impeding me Im good. Here Drive is really turning into the standout app on this phone.

I leave NFC on today and turn off bluetooth and WiFi. NFC on my Nexus consumes very little battery so I feel that the same holds true for the 925.

Normal morning routine engaged Browse Instagram with Instance, Google Plus, Android Central and Crackberry.

Dis Gun Be Gud
    Crackberry is on fire this morning. The Nokia 520 is why Nokia is failing. Apparently they set the bar low for quality smartphones and now people expect high quality low end smart phones from Nokia and refuse to buy their higher end handsets. Silly me I thought it was because many were waiting on the 1020

Morning shenanigans aside battery life is doing good.

Lunch

Some photo editing with Fotor, some instagram and web browsing. A little bit of Baconit for flavor. Battery life is on par with my Nexus usage and little bump charges from my Astro. NFC being on is having no impact. Crackberry is now blaming Best Buy for dropping the Playbook due to it not getting BB10, instead of them dropping a 2 year old tablet that is EOL.

Bright spot of the day the 4.3 update is rolling out for my Nexus starting today

Late afternoon
    I try an app called AE Fruit Slash. It was free and recommended on Baconit. Its a Fruit Ninja clone that is only one level and wants me to connect with Facebook. Instant uninstall.

Hide yo wife, hide yo kids
    Crackberry is now in the throes of "I told you so's" as the Bluebox Masterkey exploit has happened in China . For those that dont know this is an exploit that allows remote takeover of an Android device providing you have the "allow install from unknown sources" option checked and download an infected app from a 3rd party app store. (Google patched the official store awhile back).

Time to go Here Drive gives me an ETA to the house given the current traffic

Conclusion
    Facebook logins suck
    Here Drive just keeps on giving
    Nokia owes Muessig money for saving their ***
    Give the WP Central app a dollar people
    4.3 Jelly Bean is here

Day 5 down 9 to go. Somebody give me the number one, absolute, cant live without free app for this phone
    MazoMark likes this.
    07-24-2013 07:10 PM
    @chris2183
    The one thing I do miss from Google Now is the automatic suggested time and route to go back home from any location and time, not just set locations and times like My Commute....unless I'm missing something
    07-24-2013 07:32 PM
    @chris2183
    The one thing I do miss from Google Now is the automatic suggested time and route to go back home from any location and time, not just set locations and times like My Commute....unless I'm missing something
    Im not sure I just started using the app this morning and only used it to and from work. I'll know more when I go out this weekend
    07-24-2013 07:46 PM
    I love your writing style Chris! I'll venture a guess that if you end up back at Android after the 14 day trial, you will likely be the first person in the history of wpcentral to do it with the blessing of us WP fans!
    07-24-2013 09:28 PM
78 1234