Wireless Charging

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
So I love wireless charging, but every time the phone is fully charged it just stops charging. So I can put my phone on the charger at night and wake up with a battery that is already slightly discharged. Has anyone else experienced this?

tadevinney

Mar 12, 2008
Visit site
mine seems to fully charge.. and then when I am fully charge it stops charging.. and then around 5am the battery must register lower than 100% so it begins charging again and sounding the charging notification ..this is disruptive to my sleep..

anon(5928073)

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
That is what it was made to do. Charging after it is at 100% strains the battery if it keeps trying to recharge it.

Mind you, it doesn't strain it much. but yes it does strain it and it is doing what it is supposed to

Ian Too

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I recently took the plunge and the only problem I've had is that the charging plate/phone have over-heated in the hot weather we're enjoying in the UK at the moment.

It's so convenient not forgetting to plug the damn thing in.

robert_in_la

May 24, 2013
Visit site
That is what it was made to do. Charging after it is at 100% strains the battery if it keeps trying to recharge it.

Mind you, it doesn't strain it much. but yes it does strain it and it is doing what it is supposed to
Correct, in fact most people who charge their phones overnight using a wall charger will loose battery performance much, much quicker. The battery tech has changed but people are married to old habits and do things a few years ago when its really at their detriment.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
This is actually normal and I'm glad for it. I used my wireless charging plate on my 920 last night and was okay with keeping it on after I went to bed - my phone was at 93% charged when I last checked it before turning in.

Lumia928

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Hmm, well this isn't normal for my Lumia 920. If I place it on the wireless charger it will stay at 100% regardless of the amount of time. Just like it would do if connected by USB/mains.

robert_in_la

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Have on my yellow charging plate and its awesome. Had some sort of hickup yesterday where it wasn't working but then all of a sudden it was/is. The yellow finish is great... flat in color its a true Cannery Yellow - it's what the L920 should have been (personally I didn't like the gloss finish).

The plate itself is very minimal and looks great against the aluminum frame. Funny, I catch people looking at me when I using the phone - they are trying to figure out what it is.

emptyfish

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
Sorry to hijack, but I am torn between the white and black covers. Any opinions from those of you who have the white?

Sent from my RM-893_nam_tmous_201 using Tapatalk

kittengirl

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to hijack, but I am torn between the white and black covers. Any opinions from those of you who have the white?

get both? ��

I ordered black from T-Mobile and ordered red from Amazon. Figured I might want to change colors now and then...

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
White would probably make it look more like stock. Black is nice, too. Knowing me I'll probably end up getting every color but red (doesn't seem to look very good from pics).

emptyfish

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
The sales rep at the store where I bought mine actually had a 925 with a red cover... not my thing, but I thought it looked good.

emptyfish

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
Thanks... I went with the white for now. I got it from Expansys yesterday and so far I really like it. I may get the black if/when it goes on sale at some point, but I think the white looks fantastic.

FYI, I have the TMobile USA version and had no issues charging wirelessly. It worked right out of the box with a new DT-900 base.

Sent from my Lumia 925 using Tapatalk

arislgr

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
mine seems to fully charge.. and then when I am fully charge it stops charging.. and then around 5am the battery must register lower than 100% so it begins charging again and sounding the charging notification ..this is disruptive to my sleep..

Why on earth do we need a message WITH SOUND to tell us the battery is full? It keeps waking me up at night as well!!! Can we do somethng about it?l

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro