New software for Lumia 925: 3040.0005.1323.3004

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Typically, if you install an update through the computer most often you're flashing a new firmware rom, which starts from scratch. On that image it has a checkbox to erase your user data or not. If you want to keep your data check the box and it shouldn't go anywhere.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Typically, if you install an update through the computer most often you're flashing a new firmware rom, which starts from scratch. On that image it has a checkbox to erase your user data or not. If you want to keep your data check the box and it shouldn't go anywhere.

Like Muessig said it should keep your data if you leave the box untick, just make a back up incase something goes wrong.

husam2277

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
I want to ask anyone flashed their lumia 925 Vodafone 32GB version with the rom RM-892 VAR GB CV BLACK, do you have any problems until now? specially that this rom is for the generic version of the lumia 925 which has only 16GGB.... also after this new update does the 4G enabled?

newneo

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't bother to be honest. I've had that update a few weeks now and I can see no difference. I did start a topic on here wondering what it was.

newneo

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Just read about the update on the Nokia website and it talks of improvements in call quality and changes to glance. There is indeed a change. it's peek but I thought that was part of an individual update. Oh well as I say it's not a biggie.

JONA1970

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Just read about the update on the Nokia website and it talks of improvements in call quality and changes to glance. There is indeed a change. it's peek but I thought that was part of an individual update. Oh well as I say it's not a biggie.

In my case, the call quality really has improved. Before this update usually I had some "scratches" sounds on my calls. Now the call quality is really good.

Lavinia Branea

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
hey guys!

can anyone please tell me if the firmware update will solve the issue regarding signal fluctuation? i'm thinking since it solves the call quality bug, and the quality and signal are related issues, it might do this as well, but i'm no genius when it comes to phones. i really love all the functions of 925 and it's look and i really don't want to return it, but i need it to work primarily as a phone, i.e. have decent conversations without all the buzzing and the lowering of the voice of the recipient, and i really hope it's not a hardware malfunction.

i have the original firmware on it and my carrier does not seem to have the upgrade yet.

thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Pavel Gotze

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Well, i dont have any issues with call quality, honestly call sound quality is perfect on my device. I think all you can do is just to try. Just load last avilable firmware and you will see if it helps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)