03-06-2014 05:27 PM
49 12
tools
    its not background tasks. Its NETWORK. For confirmation, switch to 2g for a day and see the day and night difference.

my 925 on 3G --- 7 to 20% per hour consumption
    .............on 2G --- 1% PER HOUR. Amazing battery life !!
    Interesting. I don't have 3G at work (in fact I barely have a signal) and I don't have 3G at home either. But I still lose 20% to 30% overnight whilst in flight mode. Maybe the fact that it's switched on causes the phone to keep searching for it?

I'll try previous suggestions and turn off glance and double tap and see if that makes a difference, and I may as well disable 3G as well seeing as I'm never somewhere I can use it!
    09-06-2013 06:28 AM
    Turned off glance and double tap last night, used flight mode, and lost 1%! Thanks for the help! :)
    09-07-2013 02:43 AM
    Sell your 920 and give in to the temptation..:).. I am sure there is not going to be a sexy phone like 925.. yet.. or may be you should get it unlocked..
    With next-gen Lumias around the corner? =D
    09-07-2013 09:46 PM
    Instead of setting the phone in flight mode, run it on battery save. I have found this is the best way to get the most battery life.
    09-08-2013 08:39 PM
    I've had the phone for 2 days now and today I went 22hrs on a single charge.Unplugged the phone at midnight woke up at 6:20 phone was at 96%.I spend 4-5hrs at work listening to Pandora,a couple of 5min phone calls,fb,txt,and the usual tapatalk forums.Honestly I wouldn't be able to accomplished that with my rooted S3.

FYI I have double tap and glance off.

Sent from my RM-893_nam_tmous_201 using Tapatalk
    09-11-2013 10:02 PM
    I've experienced this twice now, both times resorting to a hard reset to try and correct the problem. The second time, it didn't work. After doing some searching I found someone complaining about voicemail not downloading into visual voice mail and it reminded me that I saw the same thing on my device.

I went in to phone settings, switched it off, and restarted my phone and everything was fine. I later called my voicemail to find I actually had four messages, none of which had downloaded to my device. It must be getting stuck in some sort of loop trying to sync voicemail.

I couldn't care less about visual voice mail and I'm super happy I figured out what the problem was.
    09-25-2013 06:04 PM
    I am on 4G LTE 24x7, 2 or 3 on the signal bars, internet sharing 24x7. Unplugged, it will only last 2, 3 hours tops. Must be plugged in all the time. I do know that it is like that because cellular 4G radios eat up a lot of power, and add to that the wifi radio used for internet sharing. Worse is the mediocare signal strength, so more power again needed to maintain the connection between me and the 4G cellular base station. But I am ignoring all that and counting my blessings that I have an excellent 4G data connection that saves me money and gets my work done hassle-free.
    justinhopaolo likes this.
    09-27-2013 04:19 PM
    After 1 week of using the phone, I average about 4-6%/hour battery consumption with light usage. Light usage is text messaging, some web/instagram/yelp browsing, Pandora/podcast (about an hour a day).

T-Mobile, mostly on LTE, with the occasional switch to 4G at the house. Typically strong bars. Glance set to Timed. Double Tap to wake on. Microsoft Account set to update once a day (can't seem to set it to manually sync). All other accounts set to manually sync. I've got metrotalk, bing weather, map program, hero drive set to run in the background. Usually on a strong wifi network most of the day. Battery life seems to be on par with my iPhone 4s. Although I feel it does drop quickly when I use it heavily.
    10-11-2013 04:49 PM
    Just got myself a Lumia 925 last night. Drained and recharged for about 8.5 hours. Started this morning with 100%. After some intensive settings and downloading of apps, battery went down to 75% in just an hour. A bit too much for my experience. Went online on my desktop for comments and recommendations on battery preserving tips. Conslusion, turn off almost everything if you want to get the most of the battery, it seems. Smartphone?
    Anyway, I will go go on experimenting with the phone and see if there's a way around this issue. Useful advice from common users appreciated.
    Battery status now 61% after being left alone for three hours.
    Nevertheless, loving the form factor of the phone. Got to get a flexible PU case though. Got slipped out of my hands a couple of times already in less than a day.
    11-12-2013 08:44 PM
    Just got myself a Lumia 925 last night. Drained and recharged for about 8.5 hours. Started this morning with 100%. After some intensive settings and downloading of apps, battery went down to 75% in just an hour. A bit too much for my experience. Went online on my desktop for comments and recommendations on battery preserving tips. Conslusion, turn off almost everything if you want to get the most of the battery, it seems. Smartphone?
    Anyway, I will go go on experimenting with the phone and see if there's a way around this issue. Useful advice from common users appreciated.
    Battery status now 61% after being left alone for three hours.
    Nevertheless, loving the form factor of the phone. Got to get a flexible PU case though. Got slipped out of my hands a couple of times already in less than a day.
    Give your phone a few weeks or even over a month so that the battery can properly calibrate. You will see a drastic improvement in battery life in time. This is normal.
    11-12-2013 08:58 PM
    I do hope so. Thanks for the refreshing feedback.
    11-12-2013 09:48 PM
    check my other 2 posts
    wp_ss_20131115_0004.jpg
    11-15-2013 05:36 PM
    I do have the same issues with battery....
    u try this one
    settings- swipe left-(applications)- disable background running apps.
    dont kknow whther it will work.....
    but i wish so...
    11-17-2013 09:12 AM
    I literally get absolutely garbage battery life. If im text for twenty minutes if drains 8% battery life. Like seriously!!! I've had this phone for more than 8 weeks and its really annoying that's like literally the only thing that pisses me off. Like have it connected to LTE and it just can't freakin do anything. If I play a game for 5 to 10 minutes there goes 8%.....WTF I bought it from T-Mobile can I go talk to them or should I go to a windows store? Anyone else who keeps it on LTE and gets crappy battery life or do others get good battery life cuz if I know its me then I'll be pissed and suck it up but if it is specific phone then I'll be pissy and get them to give me a new one

im getting the same too and ive switched the phone 3 times. They say its gonna get better on black firmware. I hope so cuz tmobile is not switching mine again haha!
    01-05-2014 05:06 PM
    Can anyone advise me how to turn of the visual voicemail??
    03-05-2014 07:57 AM
    Anyone ??
    03-06-2014 02:59 AM
    Anyone ??
    Well I would help if I could but I don't know what you mean.
    03-06-2014 04:45 AM
    I've experienced this twice now, both times resorting to a hard reset to try and correct the problem. The second time, it didn't work. After doing some searching I found someone complaining about voicemail not downloading into visual voice mail and it reminded me that I saw the same thing on my device.

I went in to phone settings, switched it off, and restarted my phone and everything was fine. I later called my voicemail to find I actually had four messages, none of which had downloaded to my device. It must be getting stuck in some sort of loop trying to sync voicemail.

I couldn't care less about visual voice mail and I'm super happy I figured out what the problem was.
    I want to do this but i don't know were in settings to it lol
    03-06-2014 05:25 AM
    I want to do this but i don't know were in settings to it lol
    Go to your dialer/phone, hit the menu dots and then settings. You'll have a toggle switch to turn it off.

wp_ss_20140306_0001.png
    03-06-2014 12:13 PM
    Go to your dialer/phone, hit the menu dots and then settings. You'll have a toggle switch to turn it off.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wp_ss_20140306_0001.png 
Views:	7 
Size:	69.0 KB 
ID:	58864
    Hmmm? When i do that i actually don't have that as an option to turn off visual voicemail its just not their, That's weird?
    03-06-2014 02:01 PM
    Hmmm? When i do that i actually don't have that as an option to turn off visual voicemail its just not their, That's weird?
    Which carrier do you have? I'm on T-Mobile. I imagine that could make a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    03-06-2014 02:03 PM
    Yes i think it might be something to do with the network, I'm with GiffGaff they run of O2s network.
    03-06-2014 02:14 PM
    Yes i think it might be something to do with the network, I'm with GiffGaff they run of O2s network.
    If your on GiffGaff the turn off default voicemail number and in the box under put in 443
    03-06-2014 03:11 PM
    If your on GiffGaff the turn off default voicemail number and in the box under put in 443
    Done , thanks :-)
    03-06-2014 05:27 PM
49 12