Here drive plus - no sound

zultar

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone with a USA 925 confirm that the voice navigation works on your T-Mobile phone? My speakers work fine but I don't get any sound while being guided and I can't find anyone else with the problem.

wp_ss_20130726_0002.jpg

robert_in_la

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Mine is the same way. Mine connects to my Ford Sync, but there are no voice prompts. And before anyone asks, yes I downloaded a voice :p
Interesting, I noticed this as well... however I am connected with my car's built in bluetooth system. Funny enough when I had my L920 the Nav Voice would play over the car's speakers. Or if I turned off the Nav Voice and was listening to the radio I would get a voice prompt telling me a text message was received by... "name"

However my L925 doesn't do that.

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
Voice works when phone isn't paired. I wonder if it doesn't send out the right command to override the current audio stream? Will try again with Bluetooth audio as the source instead of radio.

zultar

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I did have voice setup and tried a couple of the voices. It works now, I did a soft reset. Which is the first thing the bugs and defects thread says to do. Sorry I. Didn't open that thread before. Not my brightest move

ktl88

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I did have voice setup and tried a couple of the voices. It works now, I did a soft reset. Which is the first thing the bugs and defects thread says to do. Sorry I. Didn't open that thread before. Not my brightest move

Mine is not working now on my 920. It used to work earlier. I cannot use it at all cause I can't keep looking at the screen while driving. I've tried different voices, it's not connected to any Bluetooth device, I've tried soft reset, but not managed to get it to work. Even reinstalled here drive+. Don't know what to do now. It's quite irritating.

ltomovski

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Same problem here Lumia 920 FW 3047.0000.1326.2002 .. no voice navigation while navigating .. I got English (US) checked and volume 30/30 ... I need solution to this
anyone ???

tallarob

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
I had that problem and ended up uninstalling and then re-installing Here + Drive. It recurred and, if I remember correctly, I re-booted the phone and it began working again.

lowrider2107

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,
just thought I might share the observation that voice output via bluetooth audio now works with WP 8.1 (Lumia 920).

I installed the developer preview of WP 8.1 and - voil? - I was quite surprised to notice that now the here drive + voice commands are properly played back via the car stereo which is connected via bluetooth audio.
The radio or USB playback is muted for as long as the voice commands are running.

With WP8 it only worked while streaming media playback from the phone via bluetooth a2dp (e..g streaming of music, not the phone audio).
So apparently it was an OS limitation that prevented this to work with WP8!

dotslasher

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
for me it doesn't work with my Lumia 920 + WP8.1 and my BMW 320 (year 2013).
Maybe it has to do with the stupid restrictions BMW upholds here in Europe where you have to pay a lot of extra money for bluetooth connectivity.
My phone connects to the car just fine and I can make calls but I cannot stream music with it and audio commands are not played via the car's speakers.

So maybe it's a car limitation for me. can anyone confirm?

spicypadthai

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
for me it doesn't work with my Lumia 920 + WP8.1 and my BMW 320 (year 2013).
Maybe it has to do with the stupid restrictions BMW upholds here in Europe where you have to pay a lot of extra money for bluetooth connectivity.
My phone connects to the car just fine and I can make calls but I cannot stream music with it and audio commands are not played via the car's speakers.

So maybe it's a car limitation for me. can anyone confirm?

I can. No voice navigation when connected to my BMW 328, also a 2013. I'm in the US.

vinscg

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I had the no sound (here drive) problem, i went to the voice download section in the app, and there was an extra 0.6 mb file to d/l for street names or nav .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett