$0 down starting tomorrow for the 925!

brandas

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I would imagine you tell them you know about the promotion, you are within the 14 days for returning your phone and you would like the $50. If they argue, return the phone and get a new one without the $50 down. :)
Of course T-Mobile has a $50 restock fee for returned smartphones.

jgbstetson

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I think the best course is to call the store you bought from and ask kindly for a credit. Have your receipt handy. The folks at tmonews.com seem to think this will be a trivial account credit. You can always escalate to a manager. If the manager is uncooperative, tell him or her you'll take this up with corporate or the district manager.

colonelcasey322

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
I think the best course is to call the store you bought from and ask kindly for a credit. Have your receipt handy. The folks at tmonews.com seem to think this will be a trivial account credit. You can always escalate to a manager. If the manager is uncooperative, tell him or her you'll take this up with corporate or the district manager.
Problem with me is that I didn't buy it from anyone...I bought it online through the upgrade option in My T-Mobile. I guess I can try 611 and see where it'll take me.

colonelcasey322

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
And the guy commenting in TMoNews doesn't seem to offer any proof that it's possible...just says that it's "doable". I guess I'll wait and see what other people's experiences are in the forums and comments tomorrow.

WereRat

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Is this true if you are within the 14 day period?
Yes; as written in bold text right on a printout by their counter: if you return a smartphone and keep TMo, you must pay $50, but if you cancel TMo entirely, you don't.

Bit of an awkward situation if they say 'no' ... do I tell them to put their phone someplace and sign up again, or start an escalation process? I'm having enough entertainment with returns this month having dealt with Dainese over a jacket flaw (they are replacing it!) and with Twisted Throttle over a Coocase (they're not, but I did buy it as Scratch and Dent).

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I seem to have said this a lot....

Man, I wish we had T-Mo in our area. We are rural, and Mr. Magenta could care less for us rural folks. Happy for you mostly urban folks, though. Nice looking piece of Nokia hardware, in my humble, unimportant opinion. Ya'll enjoy it!!

mogelijk

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Looking at the T-Mobile website this morning, there is good news and bad news. The good news is that the 925 is on the front page for $0 down. The bad news is that it shows the payments as $22 for 24 months, so you aren't actually saving the $50.

colonelcasey322

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Looking at the T-Mobile website this morning, there is good news and bad news. The good news is that the 925 is on the front page for $0 down. The bad news is that it shows the payments as $22 for 24 months, so you aren't actually saving the $50.

Yeah that's weird...it doesn't match the press release table. At $22/month, you save a grand total of $2 off the device over the 24 months. It was probably too good to be true.

blackhorse6

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
I think this will be the deal that will make me get the 925, I sold my Att 920 because it was a bit to big and bulky but this seems to be the sweet spot. Nice job T-mobile, I thought you got me in.

blzr409

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Disappointing. I'm not sure the phone appeals to me at that price point. I feel like I'm better off saving $100 or more, getting an unlocked Rogers 920 and getting the extra 16 GB of storage and built in wireless charging. At $480 I likely would have gone with the 925.

jgbstetson

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Disappointing. I'm not sure the phone appeals to me at that price point. I feel like I'm better off saving $100 or more, getting an unlocked Rogers 920 and getting the extra 16 GB of storage and built in wireless charging. At $480 I likely would have gone with the 925.
go with what works for you. The 925 was a much needed upgrade because reception at my house sucks so I need WiFi calling. Other than that feature I was pretty content using my 720.

forked

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I called tmobile tonight trying to get a refund of my down payment based on the numbers in the press release. After having them tell me the monthly payment goes up to 22 with the deal, I had the rep navigate to the press release on their own website. Once he did, he realized their mistake. Supposed to get a call back tomorrow on whether they will honor the price or not (I'm still in my 14 day window)

robert_in_la

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I went to TMO to get a price adjustment - turns out the device did not drop in price but rather they increased the monthly payments by $2 and and the device sale price by $2. Basically the device still cost the same.

Also you do not need to sign up for the Jump program to get the no money down price.

robert_in_la

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Personally after having the L920 - I am happier with the L925. Although it does have less storage, that's not an issue for me, the compact form and less weight does feel better after having the device for 2 weeks.

9520G

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
The credit structure for the 0 down is tough. I have a TU score of over 700(t mobile pulls score from TU) and i still had to put down 120.00 for the phone.

forked

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Well, I got my callback in which they basically said thanks for letting us know we screwed up but we are not going to honor the price we put in the press release. T-mobile is not off to a good start with this former VZ customer. If you put a price on the web, you should honor it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers