Got my lumia 925 :)

spk307

May 26, 2013
Visit site
Got a new lumia 925 last week.

Was worried it'd never reach Singapore. Fortunately, Singapore was the first in Asia to get this phone.
Had lost my omnia 7 three months back and was using my wife's old xperia as a stopgap.
Was never inclined to get the 920 as i was put off by its weight and thickness.

Also got a Nokia wireless charging cover and a couple of Nokia wireless chargers free along with the phone. Paid $49 on contract with Starhub.

My observations on playing with the 925 for a week:

1. Its a gorgeous device! This should have been released a year back. It would have made things a bit tough for Samsung and Apple.
2. Not really worried that its a re-hashed 920. The amoled screen and the aluminium makes it just too sexy to be compared with 920. Microsoft should make amoled a minimum requirement!
3. Having spent more than a year on WP7 on my omnia, WP8 is very refreshing and the settings and options introduced have taken the OS to a new level.
4. Battery life was going down quickly in the first few days. After turning off 4G, its much better. I now use 4G only while streaming videos, which is very rare. 3G is more than enough for most tasks.
5. UC Browser is my fav app (though its just a browser). Stunned by the customization available.
6. The OS will be complete once a full fledged task manager and a notification center is incorporated. Though, am sure, trolls will come up with other missing features as compared to iOS and Android.
7. Graphics in games is amazing - pity MS doesn't highlight this in WP ads.

Trying new apps every day.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to WPC and it great your enjoying your 925 I prefer it over my 920 it so sexy with the design and I love the thinness, I don't use the wireless charging.

Bora777

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
Nice to see the 925 gaining a following here in Singapore. It seems like from the start of WP7, Microsoft has outlined us as one of the key markets for WP but you wouldn't know it judging by the dearth of Windows Phones around here three years on.

I managed to convince my Dad to make the switch, so we both picked up a 925 each earlier this week (got it at the RRP of S$788). Nokia Singapore is giving away free wireless charging plates but not the charging covers, which is a shrewd tactic to get you to shell out S$38 on a cover (which is exactly what I did).

My only major gripe is with the onboard storage, since we only get the 16GB version here. I'm actually moving to the UK later this year and was tempted to wait and get Vodafone's 32GB version but I wanted to replace my 800 sooner rather than later. With my apps, about 1000 songs and downloaded maps I have about 2GB left so I am a little worried, but it's not the end of the world I guess.

That aside, I'm just smitten with the phone. It's simply gorgeous, the camera is amazing and the speed is a revelation after my Lumia 800.

MrockNroll

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Just picked one up for my wife Sunday! She had a TMO HTC My touch 4g for 2 yrs and was going to get an i phone 5 'UGH', But showed her the 925 first and she was hesitant but impressed!. Have had 3 Nokia phones, currently a 710 WP7 and love it, but she was due for an upgrade. The sales man Brian actually was very knowledgeable and recommended the 925 over the i phone 5 'DUH'. She even bragged about it to my 2 daughters who both have i phones 'Sigh' but theirs still hope for them. She is loving the 925 and quickly learning how easy and fun it is to use. Finally found the new glance screen option thanks to this site and enabled it. She really liked that and its not on IOS ,Ha! Now if i could only get her to let me play with it and use my 710 for a few hours.

jabtano

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I bought mine this week. I love it then I'm coming from an HTC HD7 and to boot T-MO gave me $25.00 trade in . Well she asked me do you want to keep it or trade it in for $25.00 I almost tossed it at her then thought wait...reset it back to factory first... Ok in placed where I never could get bars before I get them now with L925 this device is smooth..I haven't bought a case yet for it as I'm enjoying the looks of it. though I will get one soon.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa