Reception / Signal Strength, Compared to 920 and Other Smartphones

ballanda

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm just wondering what everyone's take is on the strength of your signal, compared to your last smartphone, or other ones you own(ed) on the same network (I'm on Straight Talk/AT&T). I think that the 925 is just a little bit worse with data coverage than my 920 was. It is noticeable but not crippling.

In my office building, I used to have no interruptions with the data service on the 920. But on the 925, I frequently get errors connecting to search, loading websites, etc.

I know it was documented by Nokia that they almost ditched the aluminum rim because of its effect on reception quality, and that's why the little plastic bits are embedded in the rim at the corners. So obviously some compromises were made to make reception as good as it can be. But I don't know if it is enough. I'm considering going to the 1020 or back to the 920, with their full polycarbonate bodies. I wish I didn't sell my old 920 so fast, so I had it to use for comparison.

I'm interested to hear the community's observations. Thanks!

jp1024

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
I get a lot more "No Service" on the 925 compared to my old android handset, same SIM and network, when at home.

That said, its always possible im looking at the 925 more as its new, and its always been this way.

MrockNroll

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I have t-mobile and at home my 710 gets 1 or 2 bars my new 925 full stregth 5 bars! it could be that its an 4G LTE signal in the 925 and a 4G hspa signal in the 710 but Im impressed. Also my Nokia C7 astound 3G gets 2 or 3 bars at home as well.

Dawn Banks

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I carry both a 925 (daily driver) and 521 (iPod replacement) both activated on T-Mobile. The 925 consistently shows 1 bar less signal strength of th two, is the I rest to drop off entirely in poor reception areas, and also more prone to dropping back from hspa+ to edge.

I've started to wonder if it also has a death grip issue, because it does seem to drop a bar when I pick it up, too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss