FB and Instance - Slow notifications

h3xfactor

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, I just recently got the Lumia 925 after being a long time Android user. My biggest gripe is that everything syncs in intervals rather than instantly. What this means is that when I get a Facebook message, I don't get the notification until it decides to sync. Not only that but I just don't get any notifications at all from Facebook or Instance. My gmail only being able to sync every 15mins is fine by me since most of it is just spam.

Now that I mention gmail, is there a setting I'm missing that deletes the mail from the actual servers and not just my phone? It gets kind of annoying to have to delete everything AGAIN from gmail.com or my Android.

Are there any apps or settings I can tinker with that can remedy this?

One last question...I used to always root my Android devices and load custom roms onto them, can that be done with WP? The only thing I was able to find was developer unlocking which doesn't really add much more customization outside of what's already available to me.

Thanks for your help, guys!

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Here's what abhibh said:

Go to Gmail > Settings > Forwarding and POP/IMAP
Scroll down and look for: When a message is marked as deleted and expunged from the last visible IMAP folder
There select the Archiveoption.

And about rooting, you could on WP7, but not on WP8. If you try it, it give you a screen saying blah blah and your phone will be bricked.

h3xfactor

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Here's what abhibh said:

Go to Gmail > Settings > Forwarding and POP/IMAP
Scroll down and look for: When a message is marked as deleted and expunged from the last visible IMAP folder
There select the Archiveoption.

And about rooting, you could on WP7, but not on WP8. If you try it, it give you a screen saying blah blah and your phone will be bricked.

Awesome, thanks for that! That's one issue solved, hopefully someone else knows something about the notifications issue. I know these are small things, but once I find a way around them I'm confident that I'll end up staying with WP instead of going back to Android.

Edit:

Just went to Gmail and I do have the settings configured in that way. I guess it might be something else?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3