Flash Unbranded Firmware Help??????

anthonykash

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm over in the USA and have the Tmobile variant. I want to flash an unbranded version. Does anyone know which one out of this list located here that I should use? http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-925/231135-product-codes-lumia-925-a.html The last one says unbranded WITH 4g, but I'm not 100% sure what country that even is. I want to make sure that I'll be able to get 4g and 4gLTEon my phone if I flash another countries firmware. If anyone is more knowledgeable in this area, please let me know. Thanks everyone.

Fade_z

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm over in the USA and have the Tmobile variant. I want to flash an unbranded version. Does anyone know which one out of this list located here that I should use? http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-925/231135-product-codes-lumia-925-a.html The last one says unbranded WITH 4g, but I'm not 100% sure what country that even is. I want to make sure that I'll be able to get 4g and 4gLTEon my phone if I flash another countries firmware. If anyone is more knowledgeable in this area, please let me know. Thanks everyone.
as far as I know 4g is not country restricted.
Anyway choose an European country with 4g (UK, Scandinavia, Holland, Germany etc)

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Do not flash a non T-Mobile US firmware else you will lose AWS permanently, hence no 3G/HSPA/LTE+ but only 2G forever

anthonykash

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Do not flash a non T-Mobile US firmware else you will lose AWS permanently, hence no 3G/HSPA/LTE+ but only 2G forever

Are you sure on that one? Wouldn't just flashing it back to stock firmware restore it? Canada uses AWS as we, could I flash an unbranded Canadian rom if there is one available then?

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
As far as i know there are no 925s available from Rogers CA, the only carrier using AWS on Lumias (i am using a Rogers 920 on T-Mobile), even that's not going to de-brand your phone.

anthonykash

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
As far as i know there are no 925s available from Rogers CA, the only carrier using AWS on Lumias (i am using a Rogers 920 on T-Mobile), even that's not going to de-brand your phone.

I've just never heard of flashing a rom without AWS breaking it forever. It would just come back with a stock flash. Did you read this somewhere or on a specific forum? Thanks for all your help to, it's appreciated.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Bringing back AWS on a bad flashed 920 is tricky and will involve flashing multiple firmware's in multiple fashion...its not straight forward

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077