05-01-2014 06:32 AM
90 1234
tools
    Was this "blue screen" problem the cause of her first two phones getting replaced?!
    08-18-2013 10:22 PM
    Yes it was. The new one is okay so far. 😃
    Was this "blue screen" problem the cause of her first two phones getting replaced?!
    08-19-2013 07:51 PM
    Just happened to my O2 UK 925.

It was working fine in the car on the way to London, had a call which I ignored as driving, the voicemail notification came in. Full battery when I left home, on the car charger the whole way up. By the time I arrived phone had bricked itself. Will not power up, will not soft reset, will not factory reset. Totally dark and useless. Got it home, plugged it into the mains, no joy. Plugged it into the laptop, nothing. popped the wireless charging shell on, put it on the charge pad for 5 mins. Tried all the above again, not a peep out of the 500 doorstop!

Off to Carphone Warehouse tomorrow to see what they will do with my 6 week old handset! :(
    Last edited by Joss Hamilton; 08-21-2013 at 08:07 PM. Reason: phone not as old as I thought
    08-20-2013 08:30 PM
    This same thing happened to me. cracked my screen and phone was still fine but a week later it just turned blank. went back to the shop and they said they cant do anything cause the screens cracked so they'll just say its that. Had to make a claim on my insurance and pay 60 quid for a new one. Had the new same phone now for a couple weeks now. It died on me for a day then started again and yesterday its totally dead and just has a black screen when fully charged. Its a shame cause it is a good phone when working but its just not reliable and have heard may stories of it just cutting out. Very annoyed cause i've lost all my things on the phone AGAIN
    08-21-2013 12:15 PM
    I have had the same problem today, I've had the 925 for 12 days, the signal has dropped off entirely on at least 3 occasions in that time whilst I've been on various calls but today the phone just died, charging and trying to hard start it haven't worked, I'll be going back to the shop tomorrow to complain. To add insult to injury they gave me a free 525 as part of the sale however this won't even turn on when charged and with my SIM. Having had an iPhone work without issue for the last 4 years I'm shocked to find how seemingly shoddy Nokia phones appear to be, I'm not sure from reading other posts here I can trust Nokia phones at all moving forward which is a shame because it was a good phone when it worked.
    08-21-2013 04:54 PM
    yep, I previously had an HTC HD7 for 3 years or so, stable, reliable, lovely phone. This 925 is a brilliant phone, but looking here I am concerned it will just keep breaking down! :(
    08-21-2013 08:09 PM
    I subscribed to this site today just to tell you the exact same thing happened to me! Blue screen, not turning on etc and had the phone only 5-6 weeks. I rang Phones4U and they had not heard of it but they did get my phone working again without having to send it away for repair, unfortunately this method (which you can google at the t-mobile site and involves pressing vol up, down, power on, off etc) results in you losing all texts, pictures, apps, music, everything. I told the P4U store and they hadn't heard of it either but clearly by this link alone it is a common problem. I rang Nokia (0845 045 5555) and told them too. Was told they would "pass this on" to the top people there but I got the impression they know about it. Clearly this is a phone error and frankly if it happens again not only will I demand a new model but ensure the world knows!
    08-22-2013 11:15 AM
    I really do like this phone but unfortunately there's something faulty. I am on my third phone now but strangely the first two phones went back with different problems. The first phone was the blue screen but the second phone was due to a severe lack of battery life. From a full charge, the phone would only last a few hours before going to critical battery, with no use and no background tasks. I am on my third phone as of yesterday, so far so good. Hoping these problems are solvable!
    08-22-2013 11:27 AM
    I had this happen to my phone today. It seems like this issue is becoming more and more common... I hope Nokia fixes this, if it's software, before it makes big news to bad mouth the devices and WP phones.
    08-23-2013 02:24 PM
    My wife's 925 hasn't had this problem. Mine went sideways when I got out of the car & Bluetooth disconnected. I reset mine using Nokia Care Suite, it's been fine since.
    08-25-2013 04:37 PM
    I am getting my 4th replacement in a month. The first one would not read any sim card and this was at tmo store. second one died 3 days later. Third one just died today , got a blue screen and would not go any further. Did the recommended hard reset and was greeted with a "Windows boot manager" window. This is a major problem.
    08-26-2013 07:48 PM
    A major problem indeed. This should be addressed by Nokia!
    08-26-2013 08:25 PM
    Blue screen for me today on a 9 day old phone...

Now I just get the weird Windows Boot Manager screen where I'm told to insert a disk...
    08-29-2013 09:44 AM
    I have had two 925's, the first one blue screened after two weeks the second lasted all of 8 days. I hope Nokia gets this fixed quickly.
    08-29-2013 09:30 PM
    Sorry to hear you got this. TMO Customer support when replacing mine told me that there was a called nokia care suite that could be used to reset the device. But he told me that this is no longer avialble from nokia.
    08-30-2013 09:33 AM
    Oh no, blue screen! I was trying to update Halo Spartan, and while doing it I got "your phone is running out of free space" message, so I clicked cancel on the install. An hour later looked at the phone and it was off. now try to turn it on and I get to the blue screen. Volume down and power does nothing, it vibrates, restarts and goes back to the blue screen :( it's a 6 weeks old device!!
    I bought it unlocked in germany from Amazon. What's the procedure to get replacement/fix in these cases? Send it back to amazon or contact Nokia?

Btw, my (almost 2year old) Lumia 800 does not boot, my wife's (almost 1year old) 920 (which was previously mine) keeps randomly rebooting, 925 now blue screen. I'm trying to support and buy nokia products...But, they're hard to recommend... :(
    08-30-2013 10:34 AM
    Maybe try using nokia software updater. you can connect the device to a computer and flash it to the latest firmware. I would try it but my 3rd 925 was replaced already. here is a link to getting it http://jkorondy.com/lumia920
    Perkunas687 likes this.
    08-30-2013 10:56 AM
    I wanted to chime in here to. I had my 925 for about a month before it bricked itself. I pulled it out of my pocket and it was off. Go to boot it up and I get to a solid blue screen after the nokia logo. That's all. I called Tmobile and they're sending me a new one. Hopefully it lasts longer!
    08-30-2013 10:35 PM
    Hmmm...so at what point is this a real issue vs random "bad luck"?
    08-31-2013 11:11 AM
    I don't know but I am on my 4th phone. The longest I had one last was 26 days. It took Nokia 4 days to call me back with a response when my 3rd one failed on Monday. By that time tmo already sent me replacement. The person I spoke to has given me there contact info for me to call her directly if I encounter any issue.
    08-31-2013 11:37 AM
    My l520 has the blue screen problem too. But now working by pressing some button combination. Now got my l520 working fine
    08-31-2013 11:52 AM
    Ok, so I've been thinking... What's a feature that's unique to the 925, won't be used by 925 (making it not too widespread), and got turned on before the blue screen?... One thing I can think of is the new feature for Glance called "Peek." It was added soon before this happened to my phone, and so I've decided to not use it for now until this mess gets resolved. One way to test my theory is to ask: Whoever here who has gotten the blue screen, were you using the Peek feature when it happened?
    09-03-2013 09:26 PM
    Ok, so I've been thinking... What's a feature that's unique to the 925, won't be used by 925 (making it not too widespread), and got turned on before the blue screen?... One thing I can think of is the new feature for Glance called "Peek." It was added soon before this happened to my phone, and so I've decided to not use it for now until this mess gets resolved. One way to test my theory is to ask: Whoever here who has gotten the blue screen, were you using the Peek feature when it happened?
    I was not using peek when my phone had the problem.
    09-03-2013 10:36 PM
    Not sure if anyone has found a viable solution that works 100% of the time, but this is my 3rd L925 from TMO and it has become quite a frustrating experience. Rather than calling TMO again to receive another device, I've decided to check these forums. I wasn't able to locate an official Nokia Care Suite app, however searching through Nokia's support page, they do list how to perform a hard reboot.

Reset your phone.

Warning: This erases all personal content on your phone and restores the factory settings.

Make sure the charger is disconnected, and switch the phone off.
    Press and hold the volume down key, and connect the charger. An exclamation mark (!) is shown on the screen.
    Press the keys in the following order: volume up, volume down, power, and volume down. Your phone resets, and boots up. This may take several minutes.
    So far, this fixed the blank blue screen, and now my phone is charging. If this doesn't work after it gets some juice, I'll let you all know.
    09-04-2013 07:07 AM
    After hard resetting my phone, I received a Command Prompt screen: Windows Boot Manager. Looks like I'm going back to TMO to get my FOURTH replacement. WTH Nokia? :(

2013-09-04-08-40-23.789.jpg
    09-04-2013 07:43 AM
90 1234