05-01-2014 06:32 AM
90 ... 234
tools
    I am experiencing this issue. Picked the phone up over the summer. I hope if I take it to the T-Mobile store they won't give me any trouble.
    10-17-2013 03:38 PM
    I have had this phone for about 1 week. I haven't dropped it and nothing out of the ordinary has happened to it but it decided to just totally stop working on me. When I attempt to turn it on, it just goes to a solid blue screen for about 30 seconds before turning off again. Charging it just repeats this process as long as it's plugged in. Pretty bummed. Off to the T-Mobile store I go to get a replacement!

has anyone else had this problem?
    10-23-2013 06:53 AM
    I went to T-Mobile last night and they are shipping a replacement phone. The guy didn't even try to look at mine after I told him it didn't boot. I might try your fix if I don't have a replacement by Friday.
    Well I am on 925 #2 and the same issue again. After a few days with the replacement, I had to perform a soft reset and I was worried the same issue would happen again where it will not boot and yep it did again. This time I tried the factory reset but it only boots to the Windows Boot Manager screen after the Nokia splash screen. I did try the Nokia Care Suite but in this condition, the phone is not recognized. So again, I will have to go back to T-Mobile for a replacement.

Unfortunately, I am afraid my experiment with WP8 may be done. I don't have faith that a 3rd replacement 925 will be any different. This is a work phone (BYOD) and I need to depend on a reliable phone with good battery life. I was hoping this was going to be the best device but now I may have to look for something else.
    11-12-2013 10:17 PM
    I really want to love this phone. Unfortunately, the 925 just died after an ave of 1 month. So far, I had to exchange the phone 3 times (I had the JUMP plan); each lasts about 30 days. Apparently, T-Mobile won't let you pick a different phone even after 3 failed replacements. When it works, it's really nice but the quality of this particular phone is horrible. Tonight, as I went in for yet another replacement, the store people told me this had happened to a number of their customers..."One guy was on his 4th 925", he said. Highly not recommended!!!
    I posted this also on the T-Mobile 925 page to alert others. I want to keep this thread alive so that people know there is a problem with this phone.
    11-15-2013 07:54 PM
    Mine crashed too, T-Mobile's 925.

But as I live in Brazil, I had no other option as to flash the system. That fixed it.

My guess, it's just a system-wide crash. What I found to be one of the biggest flaws, is a lack of that loved option on iTunes to recover bricked Apple hardware. Basically, iTunes flash a new system into the hardware.

Both iPhone and Windows phone have extensive backup options. When I flashed it, while setting it up, it showed a backup from one day before, and all my apps, settings, calendar and contacts where automatically installed.
    It is pretty lame not to have that recovery option on Windows Phone.
    11-20-2013 10:42 AM
    It has been a month since my post at the top, and I'm unhappy to report that I'm on not my second, but my third Nokia Lumia 925. This phone is awesome aside from the tendency to brick itself.T-Mobile has promised to make things right with me if this third one bricks on me.
    11-20-2013 01:51 PM
    That would be me. I am on my forth 925 knock on wood no problems. I am also running the developer prerelease of the GDR3 update no issues.
    11-24-2013 02:38 PM
    Hey everyone, I read everyone's posts last night because my phone bricked. There were many tears and sacrifices made to the gods, to no effect. A soft reset led to a blue screen. A hard reset led to a Boot Manager that others have encountered, asking for a disc. Lolwut?

But this gentleman/woman, quoted above, presented the only solution that worked easily. I went to the website, downloaded the software, and installed it. Once it installed, and I opened it, it searched for a device. I plugged in my 925 via USB and it slowly but surely recognized the phone (even when the laptop itself did not recognize it) and stated that it could install the latest firmware after downloading it (about 1.35 GB). The download took a bit of time, during which my phone shut off and restarted to the Boot Manager, shut off and restarted, shut off and restarted. This may create an issue for others, because once the update is downloaded, and your phone is doing this, the update will fail. Instead, you have to click "Try Again" or whatever similar button there is after unplugging your phone. It will search for a device again. Wait until the phone is blacked out again, then plug it in. It will be recognized, and the update will install before it has an opportunity to shut itself off again. It will recover your phone to factory settings. It is a wonder to behold.

Apologies for the flair contained in this message, I was up past 4am my time figuring this out, and I have now awoken with a working phone and am happy (for now...)

Good luck, everyone else. If you get the Boot Manager screen, the method outlined here, including the above link, worked. At least for me. I'll keep tabs on this forum (I'm not a regular user, just found it while searching for solutions) in case anyone has any questions I may be able to answer.
    I tried following this procedure, but I'm not sure if I'm doing it right or if my phone is in a different condition. When I open up the ProductSupportTool (Nokia Care Suite) it has a giant red "X" through the picture of the phone on the left and it says not supported, and the yellow box at the bottom right has a red exclaimation point flashing and says "Data package selection error". I downloaded the firmware anyway by manually entering the product code which came out to 1.35gb. Now the download is complete but nothing happens. Is it supposed to start installing the firmware on its own, or am I supposed to do something to initiate it?

Thanks for your help. Really would like to get my Lumia 925 working again after it blue-screened on the first day of my Thanksgiving trip!
    12-02-2013 09:52 AM
    This is the working solution!

Thanks...
    01-31-2014 11:53 AM
    between my wife and I, we have done SIX exchanges in less than 2 months on this phone... 3x for the blue screen issue.
    02-04-2014 09:14 AM
    I have done the small developer update that was released after the black update, and no it has not made my phone do this.
    02-05-2014 12:31 AM
    About to get a hold of TMobile for my fourth one. :/
    02-20-2014 09:08 AM
    Have you tried this? How To: Hard Reset Nokia Lumia 520, 620, 720, 820, 920, 925, 928 Windows Phone 8 Project DNA
    Make sure you do the directions on the picture. That got me out of blue screen.
    02-20-2014 11:10 AM
    this issue is for T-Mobile or for all L925 (non-branded one). Because maybe T-mobile does something wrong in SW and this is it.
    02-21-2014 04:07 AM
    FAQ - FAQ - My Lumia phone does not work or respond as expected - Nokia - India. Actually need to factory reset ur phone. try this link, i have repaired my phone following the instruction. best of luck
    05-01-2014 06:32 AM
90 ... 234