One Gmail account won't sync but others will?

sudanec

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
wpeightuser, I do fully agree. Hopefully they will solve the problem at Microsoft for 8.1 and hopefully this all is comming earlier than the active sync will be definitely discontinued.

marky9074

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Took the best part of the afternoon trying to find a thread on this! Shame we still don't have a fix!! When I set up my Lumia 920 in February it must have defaulted to exchange active sync. I noticed a few days ago that none of my reoccurring google calendar events were synced (in fact nothing was synced), so I went into the settings looking for the new caldav & carddav settings from GDR2 that were not there.... OK I'll delete the account and recreate it.. big mistake as I got the error! I then tried the 'Find & merge duplicates' trick to no avail...

As a workaround I have used the above guide to get back to active sync (albeit with a different mail icon now), but still my reoccurring events are not visible (and ultimately we still need a fix before google drop active sync)....

Disappointing frankly....

wpeightuser

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I moved my google contacts to the people.live.com. I'm still using google for email and calendar. The contact migration from google to live wasn't too bad. I did lose pictures associated with the contact but there weren't that many to being with for me. There's no editing account pictures on people.live.com anyways. people.live.com will allow you to tie into google's contact through an api. Not sure how well that works though.

marky9074

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
I just logged into people.live.com and my google contacts are there (presumably because I recreated the 'Active Sync' in WP8) and I guess if I remove the google link they will disappear. Can you export them, then reimport them as normal contacts?

wpeightuser

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
People.live.com will allow you to import a CSV file which can be created by google contacts. Have not tried exporting from people.live.com and then importing again.

marky9074

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Looks like it is the same, just csv... must be a way of getting all the info out (including pictures).. it's a bit primitive isn't it?!

nvukelic

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
I am having the same issue with Lumia 520. It will sync Calendar and Mail, but when I check Contacts, the sync fails with the above mentioned error... Damn you MS, or Google, whoever's fault it is!

Anyway, I tried with ActiveSync solution, the Contacts do sync that way, but not all of them and not every field. For example, any contact that has two or more phone numbers will sync only the first one. This is becoming really frustrating! I will now try to "sanitize" my contacts and see if it will help.

One question, though: does ActiveSync work both ways? If I change/delete/add contact to my WP, will the change show up in Google?

wpeightuser

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I am having the same issue with Lumia 520. It will sync Calendar and Mail, but when I check Contacts, the sync fails with the above mentioned error... Damn you MS, or Google, whoever's fault it is!

Anyway, I tried with ActiveSync solution, the Contacts do sync that way, but not all of them and not every field. For example, any contact that has two or more phone numbers will sync only the first one. This is becoming really frustrating! I will now try to "sanitize" my contacts and see if it will help.

One question, though: does ActiveSync work both ways? If I change/delete/add contact to my WP, will the change show up in Google?

If you want the second mobile number to be sync'ed up, you need to go into your Google contacts and set the second number to be labeled as "Car". For company, it should be named "Company Main" in Google contacts. That should sync your contacts on the phone correctly. If you update the contact info on your phone, it will up date on Google.

nvukelic

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I figured that "Car"/" Mobile 2" thing, thanks.

But I'd rather have them synced through cardDAV if possible, but this no memory issue is driving me crazy.

LMKz

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
I just got this sync error after adding a new contact to my Gmail (on my PC), then attempting to sync. Found out it was related to the image I added... It was a 51kb PNG. I removed that image, and reduced its dimensions by 50% and saved as JPG in Paint.Net. Re-added to contact. After that syncing worked. Not sure whether it was the size or format or something else entirely, but that might give you a starting point to work from. Although if it is failing on first import, you would need to systematically remove images from contacts until it worked. Hopefully Microsoft are working to fix this.

Rick Robles

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem but solved using Exchange instead of Gmail. I heard the service would be dropped by google at the end of 2013, so I hope Microsoft fixes this soon.

1. Make sure your smart phone is connected to Internet
2. Navigate to Settings -> email+accounts
3. Remove the existing Google account (if present)
4. Tap "add an account"
5. Tap "advanced setup"
6. Enter your gmail e-mail address
7. Enter your gmail password. If you are using Application-specific passwords with your Google account, generate and enter a new Application-specific password
8. Tap the "next" button
9. Select "Exchange ActiveSync"
10. Leave Domain empty
11. Enter Server "m.google.com"
12. Tap the "sign in" button (optionally set some further options, if needed)
13. Wait till the synchronization is finished (this could take up to half an hour if you have many contacts, e-mails, etc.)
14. All done :)

See also:
borovička: Windows Phone Google Sync Error 8007000E and
not enough memory to sync error code 8007000E - Microsoft Community

Rick Robles

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem but solved using Exchange instead of Gmail. I heard the service would be dropped by google at the end of 2013, so I hope Microsoft fixes this soon.

1. Make sure your smart phone is connected to Internet
2. Navigate to Settings -> email+accounts
3. Remove the existing Google account (if present)
4. Tap "add an account"
5. Tap "advanced setup"
6. Enter your gmail e-mail address
7. Enter your gmail password. If you are using Application-specific passwords with your Google account, generate and enter a new Application-specific password
8. Tap the "next" button
9. Select "Exchange ActiveSync"
10. Leave Domain empty
11. Enter Server "m.google.com"
12. Tap the "sign in" button (optionally set some further options, if needed)
13. Wait till the synchronization is finished (this could take up to half an hour if you have many contacts, e-mails, etc.)
14. All done :)

See also:
borovička: Windows Phone Google Sync Error 8007000E and
not enough memory to sync error code 8007000E - Microsoft Community

irendulic

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
I have had the same problem. Solved it by removing special characters in my contact's names (I've had Croatian characters čć?đ?).
Hope this helps someone.

vormison

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I have to periodically delete and then add my gmail account again to get it to sync properly. It will start taking forever and will eventually just stop. The good news is it's made me pretty much drop gmail and google altogether.

nvukelic

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
I have had the same problem. Solved it by removing special characters in my contact's names (I've had Croatian characters čć?đ?).
Hope this helps someone.

I have those too, but that is an unacceptable solution... Sc..w you Microsoft, I need my contacts' names written correctly, with diacritics. Not even gonna try it.

Anyway, thanks for the info :).

marky9074

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
OK I got a new Lumia 1520 and the same thing happens on black.... but the workaround didn't work either.. so I bit the bullet backed up all the google contacts and deleted.. then imported again. So I lost a handful of images. Not a huge problem I guess.

clivectmob

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
After googling this i found the definitive answer. It's the pictures on your gmail account. The reason the export/import works is because it gets rid of the pics. I had the same issue with my 925 too. Bit rubbish really though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo