[HELP] Unlocking T-Mobile Lumia 925

vitor.rf

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I recently bought a Lumia 925 at T-Mobile, but Customer Care "refused" to give me an unlock code, even tough I paid full for the phone. They said I needed to have an active line for at least 15 days, then they would provide the code, but as I live in Brazil, that wouldn't be just as easy...
I've been searching for every possible way to unlock it, but most is or look like a scam.

I downloaded Nokia Care Suite, but the only compatible rom I could find was T-Mobile's... If I use it to flash, will it unlock it?
Is there any other way I can unlock it?

Hope someone can help me :cry:

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I recently bought a Lumia 925 at T-Mobile, but Customer Care "refused" to give me an unlock code, even tough I paid full for the phone. They said I needed to have an active line for at least 15 days, then they would provide the code, but as I live in Brazil, that wouldn't be just as easy...
I've been searching for every possible way to unlock it, but most is or look like a scam.

I downloaded Nokia Care Suite, but the only compatible rom I could find was T-Mobile's... If I use it to flash, will it unlock it?

Hope someone can help me :cry:

If you wish to pay for the unlocking service then try cellunlocker.com or unlockthatphone.com or keep on bugging tmobile, there might be one rep who will help you out.

vitor.rf

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
If you wish to pay for the unlocking service then try cellunlocker.com or unlockthatphone.com or keep on bugging tmobile, there might be one rep who will help you out.

Yeah, I tried calling again but nothing... I would gladly pay those $40 if I could be sure it would be unlocked afterwards..

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site

It is possible to flash a different RM-xxx. I haven't actually done it, but it can be done. Yours probably has 059S5C4 RM-893 VAR US T-MOBILE SL WHITE, correct? You could try flashing a ROM like 059S917 RM-892 VAR GB CV WHITE. I can, however, tell you from experience that flashing a different ROM will not SIM unlock the phone. My 520 is now SIM unlocked, but it wasn't when I flashed a ROM that wasn't AT&T. It was still locked after flashing.

Cellunlocker.net should be able to unlock your phone if the unlock codes are available. Go to their website, choose your phone & network, enter your IMEI, and in a few seconds it'll tell you whether or not they can unlock it for you.

fitcious

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
I called today and they will send an unlock code to me in 48 hours to me. I never got the MSG saying I have to have it active for 15 days. All I said was I was going abroad in a couple of weeks for work.

I won the 925 from Nokia...so not sure if that matter?

Asleeper2

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
So those of you that got T-Mobile to unlock your 925.........you didn't have to wait XX days or spend XX dollars in refills? As in, you just purchased the phone at full retail and T-Mobile gave you the unlock code?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99