08-28-2013 02:46 AM
46 12
tools
    And there is also surfcube 3d browser, its very good with much options and customizations... Its just need a little time watching video tutorial how to use....
    vikas724 likes this.
    08-16-2013 08:18 AM
    Ok so i got the l925 and this is by far the sexiest device i have ever seen. Apparently one of the first in Mumbai ;)

i have couple of issues. When the screen is completely black i see some dark patches around. This happens when a settings is loading, the background is black on these occassions and then i see some extreme dark patches. Under normal colours they don't appear.

secondly i am unable to get access to nokia music unlimited. Now this is ridiculous and one of the primary reasons of purchase.

any advice?
    08-17-2013 06:11 PM
    I don't know about the Nokia music thing; I haven't tried it and I'm in the US. But the dark patches happen on AMOLED screens. My Lumia 900 had them, and I was surprised since I though AMOLED was supposed to be perfectly black, but I guess when the whole screen is dark you can get patches of more and less black. I don't know if all AMOLED screens do this or it's a slight defect in some though. But if you search around you'll find other people who've seen the same thing.
    08-17-2013 06:29 PM
    So is that a problem or i will have to live with it?
    08-17-2013 06:44 PM
    Just my suspicion: this is contamination from some cleaning process. Kind of like water spots.
    08-17-2013 07:47 PM
    So is that a problem or i will have to live with it?
    So you get the 925 at last !!
    Do you have Nokia account ? Try logging on Nokia Music website with your Nokia account from PC first. Then after some hours try to use Nokia Music from Phone.
    I have used Nokia Music on Lumia 710 which I borrowed from a friend to feel Windows Mobile OS for 2 months.
    kanishka007 likes this.
    08-18-2013 01:19 AM
    Where did you purchase and which color?
    08-18-2013 01:27 AM
    According to these forum users (AMOLED has black spots in the dark) it's pretty normal if you can only notice it in a dark room when the screen is black but on (as when you are loading something). Is that what you are experiencing?
    08-18-2013 02:08 AM
    According to these forum users (AMOLED has black spots in the dark) it's pretty normal if you can only notice it in a dark room when the screen is black but on (as when you are loading something). Is that what you are experiencing?
    Exactly Dalek. Thats the thing which is happenig. I have the option to get the device replaced in next 24 hours. for that I need a certification from the Nokia care and then show it to the dealer. Thats a longer issue.

I have another small problem. The back plate is perfectly in position but at top right corner I feel i can press it a little. Its not visible but it gives that feeling. I have to now think of all the hassles ofleaving office early for the replacement

Vyenkatesh: I purchased from Ghatkopar east. Got a DC16 free. Colour is black :)
    Vyenkatesh likes this.
    08-18-2013 05:34 AM
    Exactly Dalek. Thats the thing which is happenig. I have the option to get the device replaced in next 24 hours. for that I need a certification from the Nokia care and then show it to the dealer. Thats a longer issue.

I have another small problem. The back plate is perfectly in position but at top right corner I feel i can press it a little. Its not visible but it gives that feeling. I have to now think of all the hassles ofleaving office early for the replacement

Vyenkatesh: I purchased from Ghatkopar east. Got a DC16 free. Colour is black :)
    the two issues you have are normal, live with it, it will not affect your experience, mine has 8 black dots and i can press the back plate top right and below right and below left, its good and its just annoying you because everyone here on wpcentral is a geek looking for perfection (just like me) ๐Ÿ˜„
    Vyenkatesh likes this.
    08-18-2013 05:41 PM
    By the way do you have the flickering problem? This is what i think its annoying issue...
    Check my thread about this issue:
    http://forums.windowscentral.com/sho...d.php?t=235096
    08-18-2013 05:47 PM
    the two issues you have are normal, live with it, it will not affect your experience, mine has 8 black dots and i can press the back plate top right and below right and below left, its good and its just annoying you because everyone here on wpcentral is a geek looking for perfection (just like me)
    Correct husam2277 !! We always look for perfection so even small difference makes us uneasy.
    08-18-2013 09:57 PM
    Kanishka !!

Check or some good quality covers for your Lumia 925.

Nokia Lumia 925 Cases :: MobileFun India

the one below is for 920 but you can check similar cover for 925. I feel Leather quality is very good.

http://www.ebay.in/itm/KLD-Kalaideng...item3f263676c3
    Last edited by Vyenkatesh; 08-19-2013 at 11:16 AM. Reason: Corrected second URL.
    08-19-2013 11:15 AM
    How is Lumia 925 behaving Kanishka !!?
    08-22-2013 10:37 AM
    How is Lumia 925 behaving Kanishka !!?
    pretty brilliant, try calling sometime will explain more
    08-26-2013 03:06 PM
    Dont get it . It looks nice specs are nice software is nice. But tomorrow I am getting my 4th replacement in a month. The first one would not read any sim card and this was at tmo store. second one died 3 days later. Third one just died today , got a blue screen and would not go any further. Did the recommended hard reset and was greeted with a "Windows boot manager" window. There is something critically wrong with this phone from tmo at least. On tmo my recommendation is stay away from this phone.
    08-26-2013 07:08 PM
    If you are coming from Android, just stick with Android. I have both HTC One and 925 and I know the huge differences between those 2 OSes and apps. Try HTC One is you don't mind the 4MP camera. It does take good low light photos too but just that you can't use them for big banner print outs etc. No lags or whatsoever on my HTC One so far. Having that said, I do find Nokia here maps does lag when comes to panning and zooming. Whoever told you that WP does not lag is not entirely true. The OS is smooth (so is stock Android like Nexus), but when comes to apps, is all depending on the developers.

As for apps, Windows Phone has not much big titles except for bunch of alternatives. And all these alternatives are at the mercy of the service providers because once they update their APIs, these alternatives may not even be working anymore until updates are released. Which means, having official ones are always the best bet. The recent Google - MS Youtube fiasco is a very excellent example. Furthermore, Windows Phone has its limitations too currently. I guess you are used to transfer / share ANY files you like on your current Android, but do not expect the same on Windows Phone. Although MS promotes Cloud services, but we still can't share / upload other unofficial files other than photos or office documents.

So, perhaps it will be a blessing for you to stay with Android, rather than taking the leap of faith.
    08-26-2013 11:57 PM
    Yep stick to android if you want unlimited functionalities that only android offers. If you wanna try going to a basic os, then wp is a decent choice but before that scout through the threads to learn all the shortcomings of windows phone os. There is no flip board for wp yet.

I saw the l925 last weekend at a Nokia priority, it seems fast and got a nice amloed display but it was quite warm in the back of thee phone when I picked it up. So it could be subject to heating up when using camera or some heavy apps. Only the 16gb version in India whereas the 920 comes with 32gb inbuilt storage..

Sent from my Nexus 7 using WPCentral Forums mobile app
    08-27-2013 01:26 AM
    Argh.. Guys I got the 925 and I am absolutely in love with it. I am not returning to android. I miss its functionality but hardware wise nothing beats nokia. I will buy an ipad later this year to fulfill my app requirements. Thanks anyways ๐Ÿ˜Š
    broar94 and metalchick719 like this.
    08-27-2013 11:48 AM
    I will call you tomorrow Kanishka !!
    08-27-2013 11:51 AM
    Hello friends firstly i introduce to u myself hii i'm deep,
    IF A person looking for a window phone, Nokia 925 is best option for them it has very nice feature:-
    Microsoft Windows Phone 8, upgradeable to WP8 Amber, Qualcomm MSM8960 Snapdragon,
    Dual-core 1.5 GHz Krait cpu, Adreno 225 gpu, Accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass sensor
    SMS (threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Email, IM, HTML5 browser, FM radio
    With A-GPS support and GLONASS
    In Black, White, Gray colors.
    08-28-2013 02:46 AM
46 12