Considering Lumia 925

MartinAvery

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I am looking to upgrade from Iphone 3GS. I decided I'd like to get a Lumia 925 instead of a Lumia 920 with At&t since my contract is up and i can switch.

I worry though about the lack of memory since this phone has that memory issue.

I am also contemplating the Galaxy S4 but i don't like the look of android tbh. Iphone is not fun to me anymore.

How do you all properly manage your memory? I am just afraid I'll run out from having all those apps and pictures as well as I have about 2-3 GB of music.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
How is T-Mobile coverage in the areas where you live, work and travel?

The most important thing is to choose a carrier with good coverage; the coolest device won't be so cool if it's a paperweight due to lack of coverage. It is also a good idea to ask your neighbours, co-workers, friends/family who live/work/travel in the same places as you how their coverage is with a particular carrier. I don't trust the coverage maps that the carriers provide on their websites.

If multiple carriers offer similarly good coverage, then one can choose a carrier based upon pricing and devices.

Chris2183

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
T-Mobiles $70/mo plan it for unlimited data. I dont store music on the phone itself, instead I opt to stream it. I have a good signal almost everywhere I go, and with no data cap, I have no fear of overages or throttling. You can upload 20,000 of your own songs to Google Music and there are a few apps that will let you stream your music to your phone. Personally I opt for a subscription based service. On my Nexus I prefer Google Music All Access, on my Lumia I found Rhapsody to be the best for me (waiting for the day GMAA works on my Lumia though)

Jan Blazek

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
I worry though about the lack of memory since this phone has that memory issue.
I am also contemplating the Galaxy S4 but i don't like the look of android tbh. Iphone is not fun to me anymore.
How do you all properly manage your memory? I am just afraid I'll run out from having all those apps and pictures as well as I have about 2-3 GB of music.

You worry about lack of memory? Do you mean that Other storage problem? Other storage has been fixed on GDR2 (Lumia 925 already has GDR2 installed by default). For me, I have some maps, about 30 apps, 2 GB of music, some pictures, and I've got almost 10 GB free space remaining on my 16GB Lumia 925.

RAUB

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
You worry about lack of memory? Do you mean that Other storage problem? Other storage has been fixed on GDR2 (Lumia 925 already has GDR2 installed by default). For me, I have some maps, about 30 apps, 2 GB of music, some pictures, and I've got almost 10 GB free space remaining on my 16GB Lumia 925.
Agree. Here's my storage usage (16GB Lumia):

9546909898_072e0c19bc.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99