Nokia 925 Signal dropping and not allowing calls unless restarted/reset using airplane mode

Eren68

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Re: 925 poor signal. Any update yet?

Do you have links to the part and youtube video?

Thanks!

The video is just a generic tear-down video on Youtube. Nokia Lumia 925 Disassembly Procedure (Real Video) - YouTube
You don't need to do a complete stripdown to get to the parts in need of change, so just ignore the parts you don't need :smile:

The parts are the bottom speaker box / antenna assembly and the flex cable/daugher board that sits under the speaker box /antenna assembly.

ejbrod1

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site

So, is there any resolution for this issue.

I have just bought a 925 and it had signal for approx 20 minutes when I first powered it up and for the last 24 hours no signal at all.

StinkyMojo

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site

So, is there any resolution for this issue.

I have just bought a 925 and it had signal for approx 20 minutes when I first powered it up and for the last 24 hours no signal at all.
The only resolution is to send your phone in for repair. If you're out of warranty like me, you can send it to Palco phone repair for a fee. I told them what needed to get replaced and they fixed it.

KhawarNadeem

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site

There is something off about the signal reception on my 925 too... Sometimes it works perfectly and other times there are hardly any signals. Issues that I do not face with my Nexus 5. So for me, it could be one of two things:

1. There is something wrong with the antenna system
2. The antenna system was designed like that to save power , or have a different radiation pattern, or something.

If it's 2, then it's probably not fixable. It wouldn't even be classified as a fault.

Felipe Maglietti

Mar 30, 2015
Visit site
Re: 925 poor signal. Any update yet? > Solution

My phone operator gave me a 925 which had really poor signal almost everywhere, and it was useless. After lots of test I discovered that somehow the sim card was the problem. Seem that the contact with it is not very good.
So I put the simcard, in a way that it is only over the holder of the sim. I didn't introduce the sim in the marks of the holder, I only lay it over it, and then push the holder inside the phone and now is working perfectly fine.
The problem was that the sim doesn't have to be fitted in the lower part of the holder.

Mauro Cartas

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site

don't get me started on this phone.. after several attempts to reach nokia or ms.. and to get at least and acknowledgment from their side I came to the conclusion that this phone is crap, their support is crap, the os is crap and I've lost around the equivalent of 600US in my country by purchasing this phone.
I hate myself for not doing a little research before.. I would never ever buy ms or nokia again nor I would recommend anyone to do it no matter how well windows 10 turns out to be.

And I'm not just spitting senseless words here.. I've tested and tested and tested more than I've ever tested a phone in my life.. and phone signal is horrible, media upload is almost impossible (still can't upload one picture to facebook), created several topics and non of them were answered, apps crashing, phone heating, signal comes and goes.. this is a BAD PHONE, and a BAD COMPANY.

Anyone who says the opposite hasn't really tried to use the phone as a smartphone. Period.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Mine has been working fine without any issues for the past year or so. It is an unlocked International version. I also had the T-Mobile version and haven't had any issues with it.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
don't get me started on this phone.. after several attempts to reach nokia or ms.. and to get at least and acknowledgment from their side I came to the conclusion that this phone is crap, their support is crap, the os is crap and I've lost around the equivalent of 600US in my country by purchasing this phone.
I hate myself for not doing a little research before.. I would never ever buy ms or nokia again nor I would recommend anyone to do it no matter how well windows 10 turns out to be.

And I'm not just spitting senseless words here.. I've tested and tested and tested more than I've ever tested a phone in my life.. and phone signal is horrible, media upload is almost impossible (still can't upload one picture to facebook), created several topics and non of them were answered, apps crashing, phone heating, signal comes and goes.. this is a BAD PHONE, and a BAD COMPANY.

Anyone who says the opposite hasn't really tried to use the phone as a smartphone. Period.

Could it be that the problem is with your mobile data service provider, not your phone? Heating is associated with poor signal reception - since the antennas need to work "extra" hence using up more power from the battery which results in heating.

The twitter handle @LumiaHelp behaves exactly the opposite of your description - they respond well and I receive feedback from my queries. Have you tried reaching them? This is also the same with the Microsoft email address (for my country and for the US, which I contacted by mistake). Have you tried this option?

We'd like to read your "several" topics posted. Are they on a different forum/site? Your post count here only shows "2" as of this moment.

"No matter how well windows 10 turns out to be"? You've got to be kidding, right? The date seems timely. :cool:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs