Wifi Hotspot

JazzyZib

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys! I just got my first Windows Phone today. I've always had a iPhone and this is a big change for me. For the most part I love it. I spent about 4 hours playing with all the features and I came across Wifi Sharing. Wifi Tethering as I recall it. I'm with T-Mobile and I have the unlimited everything plan, but for some reason the wifi sharing is disabled and they want me to contact T-mobile I suppose. I don't want to pay extra money for this feature, I feel it should be free since i'm paying for unlimited data. On my iPhone I was able to Jailbreak and get a Tethering app for free. Is this possible for a windows phone? I heard talk on these " ROMS " i'm not sure what they are. If someone could direct me in the right direction that would be great.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I would recommend having a word with T-Mobile or looking on there website about your contract and see what it says for tethering, it maybe restricted but I doubt that.

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
All new plans come with it from what I have read. I have the 2.5gb plan and I tether PC everyday.

I agree contact t-mobile mobile hotspot(internet sharing) should be enabled.

kittengirl

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys! I just got my first Windows Phone today. I've always had a iPhone and this is a big change for me. For the most part I love it. I spent about 4 hours playing with all the features and I came across Wifi Sharing. Wifi Tethering as I recall it. I'm with T-Mobile and I have the unlimited everything plan, but for some reason the wifi sharing is disabled and they want me to contact T-mobile I suppose. I don't want to pay extra money for this feature, I feel it should be free since i'm paying for unlimited data. On my iPhone I was able to Jailbreak and get a Tethering app for free. Is this possible for a windows phone? I heard talk on these " ROMS " i'm not sure what they are. If someone could direct me in the right direction that would be great.

I'm pretty sure the unlimited plans don't come with it simply because they are unlimited, so there is too much potential for abuse.

karmamule

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
If you're doing the $70/month post-pay unlimited data plan it should come with 512mb of hotspot per month. (That's the one I have so am sure about this) You can add on 2gb more for another $10 per month. I find that the free 512mb/month is enough for my occasional needs.

I'm not sure if the *prepay* $70/month also comes with it, but the post-pay definitely does.

JazzyZib

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I called up T-mobile they said, I have to pay a extra 10$ a month.. I'm not paying 80$ plus tax a month for this. It's outrageous. There has to be a way to open it my self.. Like rooting the device, or using a third party app like on the iPhone.

jlangner

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I had an 8x with t-mobile and option was grayed out as well...couple weeks later, suddenly was available. I upgraded to 925 this past Saturday and I just checked mine and let me turn to on. I have 2.5GB plan as well.

jlangner

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Just checked online. She is wrong, it comes with your data plan. Check your account online:

Attachments

• tmob.jpg
    tmob.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 4

karmamule

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I called up T-mobile they said, I have to pay a extra 10$ a month.. I'm not paying 80$ plus tax a month for this. It's outrageous. There has to be a way to open it my self.. Like rooting the device, or using a third party app like on the iPhone.

Are you on the *post-pay* $70 per month account? If so, then she was wrong and you definitely should be getting 512mb per month high speed hotspot included. As far as I know the *prepaid* $70 per month does not include that. See this article for details. (It's a few months old but it still looks valid from what I know)

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
$70 gives you ultd mins, text and data w/ first 2.5gb on 4g speeds, 512mb tethering is included but it works above that as well. Call tmobile and they should be able to activate it for you

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb