Issue with volume control

teckris

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
What do you mean?

The Windows Phone has got a single Volume control now, which works for both Phone [ring,message, notifications] and for Media.
Hope there will be separation of the Volume controls in upcoming updates.. Vote for the idea in the Windows User Voice.. Link to my post is in my post tag

Giddora

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
That's because you are controlling the speaker-volume. You're deciding how much volume you want to go through the speaker at any given time.

djlaslerman

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Same problem with Lumia 1020 with Lumia Black update, at some random point all music apps and video apps including default players will not respond to changes in volume, if you skip a track the volume currently set will be used but if you change the volume while that track or video plays then nothing happens. I have seen that all my games and emulators respond to volume changes normally even though the 'bug' would be in effect. A restart does temporarily fix the bug but sometimes just playing one track sets off the bug again.

I cannot afford to restart my phone each time I need to play another track or video and if I did that my 1Gb+ game downloads on 'only wifi' would start downloading from the begining of the file again, the downloads do not automatically resume and if you let the battery run flat out then all the dowloads would begin from scratch again. Maybe Microsoft and Nokia should speak to the guys who created the "Free Download Manager" for PC for some programming 101 lessons. It is cumbersome to manually resume a 1Gb+ file download over WiFi which stops working and does nothing every two or three minutes, at times having to stop and restart the WiFi connection again, besides, the WiFi on my lumia is slower and inconsistent than that on my notebook which never cuts and does not give me a job of continously and manually resuming frozen downloads!

So much for our monies people! This baby cost me thousands of rands and what I get from it is stress and disappointment most of the time, given that Microsoft and or Nokia don't seem to care about rolling out fixes quickly if at all or at least implementing the features millions of customers are in dire need for... I guess next time I would rather go for an iphone, or a samsung or some other android crap, those guys don't cry as much... :crying: :crying: :unhappysweat: :angry:

ShoShoFresh

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Having the same issue.

I haven't found a solution but there is a workaround. Download "Stop The Music". It cuts off audio playback and is an alternative to having to reset your phone each time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077