Issue with volume control

manilabeans

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I found a bug on my Lumia 925's volume controls. I was playing music earlier when I noticed that the volume stayed at the same level even if I tried increased/decreased it. After playing around with the controls I observed that whatever volume was set when the music or video started playing is kept all throughout. So if it was set to 0, there would be no sound all the way, even if you increased the volume.

A restart just now solved the problem though.

Has anybody here encountered that same issue? This phone is not yet a week old. Should I not worry about that small quirk?

boshkop

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
I experienced the same last week on my 920. I found out that after you change the song the current volume level is applied. This is a bug that hopefully will be fixed in the next update.

teckris

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I found a bug on my Lumia 925's volume controls. I was playing music earlier when I noticed that the volume stayed at the same level even if I tried increased/decreased it. After playing around with the controls I observed that whatever volume was set when the music or video started playing is kept all throughout. So if it was set to 0, there would be no sound all the way, even if you increased the volume.

A restart just now solved the problem though.

Has anybody here encountered that same issue? This phone is not yet a week old. Should I not worry about that small quirk?

I have L620 and have stopped using the Default MUSIC+VIDEO app. now I use Nokia Music only for music playback. the default app also has some feel of Vibrating volume in loudspeaker..
No one has found any solution...

Hope for updates to cover the bug.

Pronit Phukan

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Same here. The volume controls just does not work. I had to restart, then it worked.
I really wonder how such an obvious bug was missed by Nokia QA guys.
Disappointed I would say after buying such a costly phone.

anadi1984

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Same here in Lumia 720....it happens after a song is downloaded from Nokia music to SD card ...restart fixes the issue. But it comes back after a song is downloaded.....

RonV42

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
I have had this twice. Both time's it was playing a podcast from the same source. I can't reproduce it though. Never happend with Nokia Music, Xbox Music, Audible, etc.

epeli

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
Got my 925 a week ago and seems that I can not adjust the volume at all .. it stays at 13/30 level all the time. The same with NokiaMusic, radio, phone calls with or without a headset. Is it possible that I have some settings on that is preventing the volume control bar to work ? Or is it an hw issue ?

Own comment : It was a hardware problem .. phone replaced.

Last edited:

gopalprabha

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
Issue with volume control of 925 : Control button button works for video in MUSIC+VIDEO, but not works for audio files. I need to switch it off and on to start again.....but again the same problem persist.
Friends...need your advice to kill the issue...:(

teckris

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Issue with volume control of 925 : Control button button works for video in MUSIC+VIDEO, but not works for audio files. I need to switch it off and on to start again.....but again the same problem persist.
Friends...need your advice to kill the issue...:(

Please try the Previous comments first.. Use music stopper. It works for me most time :p

arsh2013

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi frndz, i m having 625 and i don't know why even when i increased ringer+vibration volume to 30 after restart it is again resetted to 13..... Any body please help. I have tried soft reset.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi frndz, i m having 625 and i don't know why even when i increased ringer+vibration volume to 30 after restart it is again resetted to 13..... Any body please help. I have tried soft reset.

That's normal. All WP8 phones put the volume down to 13 after you restart them. Why would you need the volume all the way up to 30 anyway, though???

swan074

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
Lumia 925. When i play music i just increase/decrease the volume, but in same time if there is incoming call the volume is of same level that of music I last played. After restarting too its the same problem. I got my phone this week.

Last edited:

teckris

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Lumia 925. When i play music i just increase/decrease the volume, but in same time if there is incoming call the volume is of same level that of music I last played. After restarting too its the same problem. I got my phone this week.

You mean the Volume doesnt change on call or Music??

swan074

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
well the volume doesn't change on call, let say if i play music on 15/30 the call volume would be in 15/30. and if i increase the call ringer volume to 30/30 the music vol would be 30/30.

swan074

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
well the call volume doesn't change, if i increase the music vol. 30/30 the call volume increases 30/30 and if I decrease the music vol.15/30 the call vol. decreases to 15/30

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss