Issue with an unlocked Nokia Lumia 925

trt185

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I'm going to paste the letter that I recently sent to Negrielectronics.com
I also have it in my blog (which I created exactly witht the idea to find a solution for that problem)..
Here is a letter I sent to Negrielectronics.com , the company I bought my phone from. I'm looking forward for response and solution to my problem

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hello,
My name is Tihomir Tachkov.
On 8/13/2013 I ordered an unlocked Nokia Lumia 925
Soon after I got my phone I encountered a problem. Some of the apps and websites don't work on my mobile broadband. Another bothering thing is when I try to share my connection, it redirects me to a T-mobile webpage.

I first contacted my carrier, Straight Talk. I never had a problem with them with my old phone (Nokia Lumia 710) and the apps that now don't work, used to work there. Straight Talk made me type in my APN settings 3 times and said that everything was alright with my account.

I spoke with an app developer and a windows phone representative. They advised me to contact the carrier again.
Next, I contacted a Nokia rep. He said for me to contact T-Mobile about the situation with my internet sharing and to try a different SIM card and see if the same apps and websites work (to see if the carrier really is the problem) .

I tried using the phone with a H2O, AT&T compatible SIM card (my Straight Talk is T-mobile compatible). Same thing, same apps and websites don't work.
I called T-Mobile. They said as long as the phone is unlocked they can't do anything anymore (The Nokia rep confirmed my phone was unlocked).

I spoke to a NegriElectronics rep. which I believe will read this email. He gave me 2 links Trouble with Internet Sharing on Win Phone? Try out this DIY solution | Windows Phone Central and Nokia Lumia 1020 Hard Reset | Hard and Soft Reset Guide
My phone was up to date - Access Point, everything.

I reset my phone and installed all the apps. Same thing, nothing changed. I still can't open some apps, some websites and I can't share my connection.

I want to say couple of words about the apps and websites that don't open. Apps are ones that require passwords, or 3rd party apps. 6tag (Instagram client), audiocloud (soundcloud client), disqus. Websites like twitter.com wouldn't open. At the same time facebook.com is fine, so is the twitter official app.

You can find screenshot of my phone info, app errors and website errors attached.

I would really like to find a solution for my problem. If there is any other information that you need and will be helpful, please let me know.

Thank you!
Tihomir Tachkov

Last edited by a moderator:

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
First off, I don't think straight talk or H20 allow tethering. Second, you bought an unlocked T-Mobile phone and are trying to use a MVNO. You would be better off with unbranded/unlocked International version, just for future reference.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Hmm... I thought the "T-Mobile" Lumia 925 from Negri was the international version? I asked a customer service rep up there about it while browsing the site and he told me it wouldn't work on their network.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Hmm... I thought the "T-Mobile" Lumia 925 from Negri was the international version? I asked a customer service rep up there about it while browsing the site and he told me it wouldn't work on their network.

That could be. Maybe it's his sim card directing him to T-Mobile. It was confusing since he brought H20 (an AT&T MVNO) into it. If he has the International version he shouldn't be having a lot of issues with it. Tethering of course won't work with a MVNO

guillams

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
I solved my problem with internet sharing, Just download access point from Nokia, be sure the app has the right APN, after that delete the APN on Cellular option on settings and it will work (I had the same problem, I'm from Dominican republic) I have a L822 from Verizon, and I did the same thing with a L920 from at&t and worked just good!

frizodanizzo

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
I just seen straight talk has a Tether option at the store. Possibly that would fix the issue ? its an additional 10 or 15 bucks, like it would be on most normal carriers. I just know the option to tether from start even if your phone supports it will not work without paying for such feature.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb