Nokia Lumia 925 on T-Mobile Prepaid

graffia274

May 30, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys,

I recently started a T-Mobile plan with the NL925. It wasn't until after this that I found out about the T-Mobile Prepaid option, which is $30 for unlimited web, text and 100 talk minutes. My question is, can I cancel my current T-Mobile plan, pay off the rest of the phone and register with T-Mobile Prepaid?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Wildflash

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
I purchased a Tmobile 925 from Ebay and it is running on the $30 plan now with very nice LTE speeds and seems fully functional. You will not get internet sharing with a 925 on this plan unless someone finds a way to make it work somehow.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I purchased a Tmobile 925 from Ebay and it is running on the $30 plan now with very nice LTE speeds and seems fully functional. You will not get internet sharing with a 925 on this plan unless someone finds a way to make it work somehow.

I had this plan, but dropped T-Mobile due to poor service where I live. It showed 100MB of tethering data available.

Wildflash

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
I had this plan, but dropped T-Mobile due to poor service where I live. It showed 100MB of tethering data available.

Mine says that if the My Account app, but I can't actually use any of it because when the internet sharing is turned on I get a message about needing to pay $15 for it to work

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Mine says that if the My Account app, but I can't actually use any of it because when the internet sharing is turned on I get a message about needing to pay $15 for it to work

That's strange. The thing is, I used it with a Nexus 5, which is unlocked. I could simply turn on tethering in Settings, and it would work whether or not I had tethering on my plan. I don't think the T-Mobile app recognized it as tethering even when it was enabled on my plan.

Wildflash

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
That can be. My 710 and HTC radar 4g shared with no hiccup. My 810 and 925 won't so far. My understanding is mobile branded wp8's have the restriction. I am not sure if it is in the rom, the SIM, or the SIM plus the rom

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
That can be. My 710 and HTC radar 4g shared with no hiccup. My 810 and 925 won't so far. My understanding is mobile branded wp8's have the restriction. I am not sure if it is in the rom, the SIM, or the SIM plus the rom

if you have the 30 plan internet sharing will not work not enabled. Also because you have T-Mobile branded phones (iemi).

you can try tetherx app or change to the higher plans which have the feature enabled.

kurtd

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Be aware that the only way to get that plan (I have it and it's awesome) is to get a prepaid starter kit at Walmart.

your wrong. I ordered a SIM kit from t-mobile then chose the 30$ plan at activation time. No store involved.

I believe the op can pay off his phone and order a kit and get the plan. Tmo rules!

kurtd

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Keep in mind, the pre paid plans don't have: internet sharing, simply global, and don't roam on other networks afaik

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Keep in mind, the pre paid plans don't have: internet sharing, simply global, and don't roam on other networks afaik

kurtd the prepaid 50,60,70 plans do have internet sharing. I tried them all currently on 70 unlimited with 2.5gb hotspot allowance.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
if you have the 30 plan internet sharing will not work not enabled. Also because you have T-Mobile branded phones (iemi).

you can try tetherx app or change to the higher plans which have the feature enabled.

The prepaid plans recently had internet sharing added to them, like within the last few months. I had the $30/100 minutes/Unlimited texts/5GB data plan, and it included 100MB internet sharing. I believe the all unlimited prepaid plan allows 2.5GB internet sharing, but I'm not sure on that one as I never had it.

kurtd

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Good to know. I just tried it on my rogers 1020 and Internet sharing won't turn on. Probably because I have a Rogers model.

Wildflash

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
The $30 unlimited as functional internet sharing on a Nokia 710 and HTC radar 4g, with no special tricks. The same SIM has internet sharing on a Nokia T-Mobile 521, but only after the 'add a keyboard trick'. The same SIM, in a mobile 810, or Nokia 925 mobile, does not internet share after ##data#, add a keyboard, or any trick except potentially unlocking the phone and doing the foreign SIM trick, but I am confirming that.

Wildflash

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
The $30 unlimited as functional internet sharing on a Nokia 710 and HTC radar 4g, with no special tricks. The same SIM has internet sharing on a Nokia T-Mobile 521, but only after the 'add a keyboard trick'. The same SIM, in a mobile 810, or Nokia 925 mobile, does not internet share after ##data#, add a keyboard, or any trick except potentially unlocking the phone and doing the foreign SIM trick, but I am confirming that.

In general, a factory unlocked phone will allow tethering by enabling it in the Settings menu. No tricks required; simply turn it on. I've done it on Nexus devices as well as a factory unlocked Lumia 710. I also got tethering working on an AT&T 520 on which I had flashed an unbranded ROM, but I had to do the Spanish keyboard trick. And I've done it with T-Mobile prepaid and Net10 AT&T.

Wildflash

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
For the record, neither my Nokia 710 nor the HTC radar was unlocked to make the sharing work. They are both wp7 though. I eventually unlocked the 710 but the HTC is still sharing on out of the box settings.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos