Lumia 925 battery draining and really hot after CalDav update

joe_coolish

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
A couple of days after the latest update for my T-Mobile Lumia 925, my phone started getting really hot and then my battery performance went from all day to 3 hours. I've put the phone into Airplane mode and battery saver to "Always On" and it still stays warm (and the battery continues to drain)

If I reset the phone in Airplane mode, then the phone acts normally (no heat and all day battery), but the moment I take it off airplane mode it gets hot and the battery drain returns.

Things I've tried:

• Hard Reset (This worked for a few days then it started draining really fast again. Kind of a big pain too)
  • Blocked all background tasks
  • set all email accounts to Manually update
  • Put phone into Airplane mode
  • Turned "Always On" battery saver mode
  • Disabled EVERYTHING (wifi, NFC, BT, Glance, Tap to Wake Up, LTE)

I know that the CPU is running hard (since the heat is right where that would be) even when left idle after a full charge, the battery drops 1% every 2-3 mins.

Is there any way to determine what is causing the drain? Any ideas?

GearDoGi

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the OVERHEATING club my friend!!
If it's caused 10-20mins after launching an app or playing a game and when it becomes very hot you get a discharge rate of 20-30% (or even higher)
It's a bug related with the OS that causes this overheating issue!MS is pretending there is no issue and so there is no oficial word for a problem is causing trouble to many WP customers/users!
Let's hope that non responding means that they are aware of this bug and are working to bring a fix with the GDR3 update!There is no fix for what i v described and also anything oficial said from MS/NOKIA!
Let's hope after GDR3 our devices will begin to work fine
(Also i can asure it's not a hardware failure because i ve changed 2 HTC 8x and 1 lumia because of this issue and never resolved it!)

joe_coolish

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Thanks! I will support the suggestion.

Unfortunately, the phone gets hot without launching any app. I turn the phone on, 30 seconds later, you can fry an egg on it.

As an update, if I turn data off then reboot, the phone is fine. But the moment I turn data on, it gets hot and even if I turn it back off, it still drains the battery. The only way to get it to stop is by restarting the phone with phone data turned off.

georgebridi

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Ok Guys Here is the solution for your battery, apart from what you did above here is what i have discovered to get longer battery life for your nokia lumia 925.

RINGTONES + SOUNDS / disable vibrate if not needed/ unclick key press in ringtones + sounds.
THEME / always use the dark in background
WIFI / go to advance and disable all.
BLUETOOTH /off
TAP + SEND/ OF/ only when you want to share.
FLIGHT MODE / off
MOBILE NETWORK / data connection off use it when you need it,dont roam, highest connection speed its up to you here if you are using 3g or 4g it will use more battery than 2g.
LOCATION / OFF
KIDS CORNER /OFF
BATTERY SAVER/ NOW THIS IS THE TRICKY PART,NOKIA + MICROSOFT + OTHER EXPERTS CLAIM THAT WHEN YOU USE BATTERY SAVER THE BATTERY SHOULD LAST LONGER (WRONG) SWITCH IT OFF GUYS AND YOU WILL BE SHOCKED WITH THE RESULTS.:smile:
BRIGHTNESS / i have it on LOW and automatically adjust ON.
BACKUP/ all options OFF unless you want to back up.
EASE OF ACCESS / all 3 options OFF unless you need them.
FIND MY PHONE / 2 options OFF
PHONE UPDATES / 2 options OFF
FEEDBACK / OFF
DISPLAY + TOUCH / sunlight readability OFF, battery saver brightness on or off,off is better,then swipe the scree to the next option touch glance make it normal and unclick double tap,swipe to the next option glance display glance off and night mode off unless you want it.
BACKGROUND TASKS/ block all apps and you can activate them manually.
GAMES/ connect with xbox OFF
MAPS / use my location OFF
MUSIC + VIDEOS / 2 options with xbox connect OFF.
Thats it folks as we are speakin now my battery information reads remaining battery life 65%,estimated time remaining 2 days and 16 hours,time since last charge 1 day and 11 hours.
and for me to reach this perfomance this was the important things to do.
BATTERY SAVER/ NOW THIS IS THE TRICKY PART,NOKIA + MICROSOFT + OTHER EXPERTS CLAIM THAT WHEN YOU USE BATTERY SAVER THE BATTERY SHOULD LAST LONGER (WRONG) SWITCH IT OFF GUYS AND YOU WILL BE SHOCKED WITH THE RESULTS.:smile:
BRIGHTNESS / i have it on LOW and automatically adjust ON.
THAT WAS MY MAIN PROBLEM ON THE 925 I EVEN REPLACED THE HANDSET BECAUSE OF THE BATTERY NOT LASTING,

drbanks

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Mine was probably a rare instance, but after almost exactly the same symptoms as the OP, I got the problem to go away by turning off visual voice mail.

My indication that this might be related was the fact that new voice mail messages were not showing up in the voicemail app, while they were accessible by calling the voicemail number manually.

I assume that in my case, there was some characteristic of one of my messages that would cause the app to loop. Turning the phone radio back on would cause it to try to resync the voicemail list, causing it to hit the loop again, etc.

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
After reading post number 5, my first reaction was, why not just turn off the device? Seriously, phones nowadays aren't the same with the phones of several years ago when calling and texting are but the only reason why one carries them. turning off most of the settings would render it like a feature phone. well, everyone has a different use but really it's as if you're not gonna fully utilize it that way. just my opinion...

joe_coolish

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Hmmm... next time it starts overheating I'll try disabling the Visual Voicemail. I did a hard reset and it's back to normal (for now). Here's for hoping 8.1 fixes this!

kendric84

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Mine was probably a rare instance, but after almost exactly the same symptoms as the OP, I got the problem to go away by turning off visual voice mail.

My indication that this might be related was the fact that new voice mail messages were not showing up in the voicemail app, while they were accessible by calling the voicemail number manually.

I assume that in my case, there was some characteristic of one of my messages that would cause the app to loop. Turning the phone radio back on would cause it to try to resync the voicemail list, causing it to hit the loop again, etc.

Very interesting you bring this up. I've experienced the overheating/battery drain problems twice now. The first time was a couple weeks ago and a hard reset seemed to fix the problem. Until yesterday when it started happening again. I didn't think about until I read your post, but I also had a voicemail that refused to download.

I'm most of the way through the restore process now. I'm not going to set up visual voicemail and see what happens.

Thanks for sharing!

Rolland6

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone. It seems that I have the same problem now. My phone is constantly warm and the battery goes dead 3-4 hours after fully charged. It seems that the problem started right after I updated some apps in the market. I had 4 updates in the market - Glance, Access point, Panorama and ... the fourth one was App social, but I'm not sure. I checked settings in Glance, but it's OFF. The difference is that Glance is now separate component in "Settings". I don't see anything new in "Access point" and since I have the phone for 10 days I don't know what is changed in Panorama. I play only one game on my phone - QONQR and I run it a few times a day, 2-3 mins each time. I checked background tasks after the updates, but everything is still disabled. I hope microsoft will solve this soon.

Rolland6

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Update:

Ok... now ... I tried some of the #5 suggestions and I uninstalled QONQR and the problem vanished. Phone cooled down and the battery was 100% for more than an hour. I enjoyed wifi and 3G and surfed the net a lot. I made a lot of pics (more than 50 cause I was out at a party) and the phone went to battery saver automatically more than 12 hours after last recharge. It's weird because I played QONQR for more than a week and I didn't have any problems the first week.

PAVEL MILLER

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
you are absolutely correct:smile:
i did exactly as you described and got easily 2 days running, even with data ON.
so thanks much for your input
Pavel M

kikidut

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Yes is true!
I switch off all you said but only after I reboot the phone the battery was 79% from 56%.
I do not understand how or why but it seems it works. :smile:
And I don't play games on xbox because the phone is heating. I play only on my phone and is ok.
I'm sorry I can not use a lot of features but this is the only solution to this stupid problem. Shame for this because is a wonderful phone. :cry:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3