Difference between AT&T 925 and T-Mobile 925

trooters

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know what the differences are between the 925 for the T-Mobile and the AT&T versions? Would I be able to flash either Nokia ROM onto the devices?

I noticed the non-contract price is very different between the two carriers. Ideally, I would buy the cheaper AT&T 925, flash it with the T-Mobile ROM (I have T-Mobile SIM) so that I get tethering & MMS through T-Mobile. I've gone the route of an unlocked AT&T 920 with my T-Mobile SIM and have never gotten tethering to work. The only way to get tethering to work is to use T-Mobile windows phones.

Last edited:

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
If I were you I'd flash the generic ROM on the device, flashing a carrier ROM makes no sense as it'd get delayed updates.

The difference between the 2 could, repeat could be LTE bands.

Each carrier injects its share of bloatware into the device before releasing it to the public, this bloat also increases the OS size, so a generic ROM can also save you some considerable space and you'll get prompt updates once released and made available to your country :).

As for how to flash - I have no idea.

trooters

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Ooohh... I found the spec sheet and footnotes from Nokia for differences. Despite the radio hardware difference, I'm still curious to know if I can flash the T-Mobile ROM on the AT&T 925 (and vice versa)

Nokia Lumia 925 - Specifications - Nokia - USA
Spec listed on pageFootnote on page
Data Network
  • LTE network bands[SUP]3[/SUP]: 2, 4, 5, 17
  • LTE max data speed DL: 100 Mbps
  • LTE max data speed UL: 50 Mbps
  • WCDMA network[SUP]4[/SUP]: 900 MHz, 1700 - 2100 MHz, 2100 MHz, 1900 MHz, 850 MHz
[SUP]3[/SUP]Please check the availability of LTE networks with your network operator.

[SUP]4[/SUP]AT&T Lumia 925 does not support WCDMA Band 4 (1700 MHz)
Power Management[SUP]5[/SUP]
  • Battery model: BL-4YW
  • Battery capacity: 2000.0 mAh
  • Battery voltage: 3.7 V
  • Removable battery: No
  • Maximum standby time[SUP]6[/SUP]: 18.9 days
  • Maximum talk time (2G)[SUP]7[/SUP]: 8.6 h
  • Maximum talk time (3G)[SUP]8[/SUP]: 10.3 h
[SUP][SUP]5[/SUP]Talk and standby times are estimates only. Actual times are affected by, for example, network conditions, device settings, features being used, battery condition, and temperature.

[/SUP]AT&T maximum standby time: 12 days
[SUP]7[/SUP]AT&T maximum talk time (2G): 9 hours

[SUP]8[/SUP]AT&T maximum talk time (3G): 12.1 hours

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
The only difference I see is the WCDMA thing, standby mean nothing to me.

If you flash Tmob Rom on AT&T L925, (Am assuming T has WCDMA), you may see the WCDMA in mobile network under settings, but am not sure what'll happen if you choose it?, device could crash?

If you flash an AT&T rom on T, you won't find that WCDMA setting under options :/

(Atleast worked that way in Android, had flashed a UK stock rom on a AT&T Xperia T)

Look for a generic ROM honestly, no bloatware and easy on the storage.

slotti

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Wow, it's hard to believe that Nokia actually eliminated the 1700 band just for ATT purposes. Wouldn't it be easier to simply have the same phone?

The over all most important question now, can we cross flash. The product codes are obviously different.
As for a generic software to be flashed, I would not recommend doing so out of two reasons:

1. LTE bands. The generic (European) software has different LTE bands, and the radio might get screwed up.
2. Getting MMS, data, and tethering all to work at the same time. Seems to only work on T-Mobile software.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills